Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Victorian State Election

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:02 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

^

has a state ever been declared Bankrupt before? Cain/Kirner nearly got there but not quite, I hope Andrews has something more than I've seen.

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:17 pm

Victoria has a AAA rating, just as the Commonwealth of Australia did when Labor's Wayne Swan was treasurer for six years.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:22 pm

Say it for a 3rd time, I dare you.

Swanny will appear in a G string with Krudd to give you a personal lap dance. Razz

Just out of curiosity, what was Victorias credit rating when Brumby was in power just before the election?

3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:51 pm

Daniel Andrews was on (the last) 7.30 report Victoria tonight.
He spoke well, he spoke openly, he spoke of doing what's best for all victorians and never dodged a question.
He want's to get away from the politics of personal attacks and has all ready invited the new Liberal leader to an informal drink before parliament resumes next year and wants to consult him and the minor parties on the issues facing this state.
A refreshing change from the inflexible approach the Federal Gummernet adopts when it comes to dialogue with opponents and critics in the media.

Have a look when it comes up on Iview and wonder why a top line current affairs show that talks about the issues that affect Victoria is seen as a waste of money in Canberra... Rolling Eyes
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:38 pm

I love the ALP debt shit. The ALP spend money as the LNP don't spend money. It's a circle of politics in Australia. The ALP create Jobs, the LNP make jobs disappear.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:51 pm

stui magpie wrote:
^

has a state ever been declared Bankrupt before? Cain/Kirner nearly got there but not quite, I hope Andrews has something more than I've seen.

He does but they're hidden behind his earlobes.

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:01 pm

stui magpie wrote:

Just out of curiosity, what was Victorias credit rating when Brumby was in power just before the election?

I haven't said it a second time yet, but I will if you like.

Bracks was decent but Brumby was crap, eny fule kno that. Hell, I voted against him myself, and voting Liberal is a desperate last resort at any time. Mind you, I learned my lesson: as we all discovered, the Ted/Denis cure was even worse than the Brumby disease.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:18 pm

stui magpie wrote:

Swanny will appear in a G string with Krudd to give you a personal lap dance. Razz

5 stars.

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:41 pm

Tannin wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

I haven't said it a second time yet, but I will if you like.

Bracks was decent but Brumby was crap, eny fule kno that. Hell, I voted against him myself, and voting Liberal is a desperate last resort at any time. Mind you, I learned my lesson: as we all discovered, the Ted/Denis cure was even worse than the Brumby disease.

Sometimes cutting out a cancer does a lot of damage. Brumby, like Krudd, had to go. I get the feeling the Libs aren't too far away from doing a bit of surgery on themselves in Canberra. Word is that the backbenchers are revolting against Hockey and Bishop is feuding with Abbott. No surprise given all the PR spin from her camp and surging poll numbers.

Things could get interesting.
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:56 pm

From an Age reader:

"One would have thought the Liberals would have learnt a lesson and elected a new leader with Dick Hamer-style decency."

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:57 pm

^ Of course, first they would have to find one. In the modern Liberal Party, that could be tricky.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:20 am

So he'd be a Tricky Dicky?
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:52 am

Dick Hamer was a bit of a hero of mine. Voted for him in 1983 I think it was and would still vote for him today if he were leading the libs. And how they need men like him. Actually both sides do.

Dick was a decent man, with real Liberal values. His government passed laws that had a direct bearing on my life; I was no longer deemed to be a criminal for being who I was. It was a very big deal for me. Of course, it took Victoria Police about 20 years to catch up, but the fact remains, the Liberals were prepared to fight for justice in those days. What ever happened to them?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:47 am

Same thing that has been allowed to happen all over not just in our Proud Country but the world over.

Corporatization!

Quote:
Corporatization is the process of transforming state assets, government agencies, or municipal organizations into corporations. It refers to a restructuring of government and public organizations into joint-stock, publicly listed companies in order to introduce corporate and business management techniques to their administration

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corporatization
partypie 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:44 pm

Neil Appleby wrote:
Dick Hamer was a bit of a hero of mine. Voted for him in 1983 I think it was and would still vote for him today if he were leading the libs. And how they need men like him. Actually both sides do.

Dick was a decent man, with real Liberal values. His government passed laws that had a direct bearing on my life; I was no longer deemed to be a criminal for being who I was. It was a very big deal for me. Of course, it took Victoria Police about 20 years to catch up, but the fact remains, the Liberals were prepared to fight for justice in those days. What ever happened to them?

I got plastered with Dick Hamer one night at an arts do probably late 1970s - what a nice man. The next morning I woke up going ... What did I do last night? Got smashed with a LIBERAL premier ... Never thought it possible. He seemed genuinely interested in people and loved life.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 11 of 13   

Jump to: