Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Victorian State Election

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:02 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

partypie wrote:
I generally number my upper house votes, then I know exactly where they will go. It takes a while but it is worth it.

Same here and yesterday it wasthe first time I voted below the line in any election whether that's federal or state, albeit it was only my second election I was able to vote in either election.

It took a while to fill it out but it's worth it as you can number the candidates you want from 1 to 40 as opposed to just writing 1 for your favourite party in the legislative council/senate and then relying on the notion that the party you voted for in the upper house will preference the way you generally want them to preference, even though it's not a good reflection of support across the upper house as Tannin demonstrated.

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:36 pm

Just back from a great few days in Sydney. The media reported up there that the State Election results had nothing to do with Abbott and and his Cronies. This despite members of the LNP saying it did. The other is that NSW will now get the 3 Billion Dollars that was marked down for Victoria.

Also Victoria is a weird State and that is why we have Petrol Prices an average of 20 Cents a Litre Cheaper. One suggested there is more competition in Victoria and that is why the fuel is cheaper there.

The other is NSW Liberals are a shoe in the next State Election and have nothing to worry about from the Victorian result.

Arrogance is wonderful.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:41 pm

Well if something dramatically happens then the Coalition should be victorious in the next state election come March 28.

On a two-party preferred basis they are ahead 55-45 against Labor.

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:57 pm

Jezza wrote:
Well if something dramatically happens then the Coalition should be victorious in the next state election come March 28.

Anythings possible. Selling off their Electricity is causing angst and throw in half the Liberals are now on the cross bench due to corruption. March is a long way off.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:39 pm

NSW Labor vs NSW Libs. What a choice!
partypie 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:46 pm

Culprit wrote:
Jezza wrote:

Anythings possible. Selling off their Electricity is causing angst and throw in half the Liberals are now on the cross bench due to corruption. March is a long way off.

I think NSW is very different in that the alleged corruption of Eddie Obied and Ian McDonald will stay in voters memories for a long time. So far ICAC hasn't even looked at McDonalds portfolios.
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:33 pm

And now, in a move of breathtaking shoot-yourself-in-the-head stupidity, the Liberals have elected the hard right former Minister for Corrupt and Secret Land Deals as their new leader. It might be a very long time before we see another Liberal government in this state.

Seriously, what were they thinking?

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:16 pm

I dunno. People were saying the same about Abbott, and look how that turned out...
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:21 pm

David wrote:
I dunno. People were saying the same about Abbott, and look how that turned out...

A +1 on Tannin's post would've sufficed Wink

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:02 pm

Tannin wrote:
And now, in a move of breathtaking shoot-yourself-in-the-head stupidity, the Liberals have elected the hard right former Minister for Corrupt and Secret Land Deals as their new leader. It might be a very long time before we see another Liberal government in this state.

Seriously, what were they thinking?

I agree Tannin! The state Liberals need an extensive overhaul of personnel who can guide them to the next election being formidable opposition and actually having a chance to reclaim power in Victoria.

I completely agree with others over the last few weeks that have been saying that there's no talent from within the state Liberal party that could genuinely lead the party in a competent and strong manner as far as I can see.

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:22 pm

^ Oh, good shot Sir!

David, it's not so much the Tea Partyesque ideology Guy seems to lean towards (though that is certainly electoral poison - look at the two hard-right cut-everything Liberal governments in office now, in Canberra and Queensland, and notice that although are both shiny new first-term outfits elected on thumping majorities,, both are so on the nose with voters that they are staring down the barrel of the impossible defeat), it's the massive smoking gun of secret land deals and favours and corruption pointed straight at the head of Matthew Guy.

Why would anyone in their right mind take such a risk? It's only going to take a few cross-benchers and the government to get seriously annoyed with him and Hey! Presto! it's Royal Commission Time, complete with sworn evidence and cross examinations and subpoenas for the secret documents .... once that happens, the Victorian Liberal Party will be in very deep shit.

Why, out of all your thirty-something MLAs, would you choose the one who is most vulnerable to a corruption enquiry? Do they just not realise what a risk it is? Or is the average Liberal member so used to deals and favours and presents in brown paper that he thinks it's normal? Fair dinkum, it beats me.

The great thing about a loaded gun is that you don't have to use it right away. Labor, if they are smart, will keep quiet about it for as long as they are looking good for reelection. The moment the Libs start hitting them in the polls, bang! it's Party Time.

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:27 pm

Cheers Jezza. We cross-posted. My applause was for WPT's nifty return of service.

Jezza, I agree with you, at least up to a point. I'd be surprised to find that there wasn't a worthy Liberal leader somewhere in the house. Their new LC leader strikes me as a decent sort (on only a little knowledge, I admit). And much as I put the boot into him at every opportunity (as you do with pollies, especially Liberal ones), Ted was better than the average sort. Why on earth did they get rid of him?

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:12 pm

^

It's all good Tannin, once Jezza makes his first couple of $mil as a lawyer then decides to go into politics, he'll sort them out. Wink

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:45 pm

stui magpie wrote:
^

It's all good Tannin, once Jezza makes his first couple of $mil as a lawyer then decides to go into politics, he'll sort them out. Wink

The Tea Party might need legal representation Wink

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:38 am

I'm not impressed the ALP have nothing so far!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 10 of 13   

Jump to: