Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Victorian State Election

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:26 pm
Post subject: Victorian State ElectionReply with quote

Thoughts?

For mine it seems to be the election nobody cares about.

As far as the leaders go, that's been semi interesting. Napthine has grown on me after taking over from Red Ted and seems to be at least competent.

Andrews I've gone off. Initially I liked him, seemed to be a bloke who had some genuine vision. Then I started listening to him more closely and he's JAFOP. Just Another Fkn Ordinary Politician who is all script and no substance and blatantly misrepresents things. Nothing special here, How disappointment.

The Greens are the party for the inner city lefties, we need a party able to govern the whole state so they're a Pass for me.

PUP is a sitcom that was supposed to be a drama but the scriptwriter mixed some acid with his coke and voila.

Apparently Labor is way out in front in the polls, but that may or may not be a reliable indicator.

I may actually "forget" to go vote this year.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:34 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't particularly like what I've seen from Andrews, but I don't particularly care, either. It pretty much goes without saying that he's a personality-free, idea-free party hack. But he's running a party that actually cares about infrastructure as opposed to one that devotes itself to corrupt backroom deals and shock horror campaigns to keep the tabloid readership satisfied.

The way I see it, state politicians rarely achieve anything meaningful, but, as we've seen in Queensland and WA, they can certainly do a lot of damage. The Victorian ALP are simply a safer pair of hands.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:59 pm

David wrote:
I don't particularly like what I've seen from Andrews, but I don't particularly care, either. It pretty much goes without saying that he's a personality-free, idea-free party hack. But he's running a party that actually cares about infrastructure as opposed to one that devotes itself to corrupt backroom deals and shock horror campaigns to keep the tabloid readership satisfied.

The way I see it, state politicians rarely achieve anything meaningful, but, as we've seen in Queensland and WA, they can certainly do a lot of damage. The Victorian ALP are simply a safer pair of hands.

Keep in mind when you say that, that the Victorian ALP were in power for 10+ years before this one term Liberal government. All those schools didn't fall apart in the last 3-4 years.

I don't agree that the Vic ALP are a safer set of hands, I'd rate them no better than the current and undecided if they would be worse.

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:11 pm

stui magpie wrote:
David wrote:

Keep in mind when you say that, that the Victorian ALP were in power for 10+ years before this one term Liberal government. All those schools didn't fall apart in the last 3-4 years.

I don't agree that the Vic ALP are a safer set of hands, I'd rate them no better than the current and undecided if they would be worse.

ironic then that the labor party wants to change our number plates to "victoria - the education state".

i don't much like what matthew guy is doing to the place. outside of that, not too bothered.

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:52 am

David wrote:

Really? Are you sure you don't have your parties back to front? The Libs want to build things, Labor want to tear up contracts and give all the money to the unions, hence a very ugly campaign full of lies being run by 1 union against the current government that ignores the fact that all the issues faced now stem back nearly 10 years or more when Labor was actually in government...

I haven't liked Daniel Andrews since the 1st time I saw him 4 years ago on one of the networks election coverage representing the Labor party, still cant stand him, looks a smug, arrogant prick who cannot run the state.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:50 am

The Libs want the companies they have interests in to build thing then make what's built user pays.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:45 am

Three Points
1 - Penis Napthine is unelectable. I could run against him and win.
2 - Federal LNP is copping voter backlash in each State election.
3 - Cutting basics is always a killer for the LNP. They hate everything public and as soon as they get in it's slash and burn.
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:54 am
Post subject: Re: Victorian State ElectionReply with quote

Stui, it's not that nobody cares about it, rather it's that nobody is terribly interested. The Ted/Geoff./Denis show has been dead in the water for a couple of years already. The Liberal government is gawn and everybody knows it. What's left to talk about?
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:56 am

Culprit wrote:
Three Points
1 - Penis Napthine is unelectable. I could run against him and win.
2 - Federal LNP is copping voter backlash in each State election.
3 - Cutting basics is always a killer for the LNP. They hate everything public and as soon as they get in it's slash and burn.

^ nailed it

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:00 am

I am sure you could.
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:15 am

stui magpie wrote:
David wrote:

Top post David.

Stui, if you were stuck in a time-warp, you'd be right. The Brumby ALP government was indeed no better than the current mob. They started out OK under Bracks and did well for two or three terms, but then - as pretty much always happens to governments - they lost touch with voters, they became tainted with land deals and corruption (though not on anything like the scale of the Liberals, I grant you), and started ramming through big, dumb decisions like the MIKI shambles and the absurd desal plant. They needed a good smack in the chops, and that's exactly what they got.

I voted against them on the theory that however bad the Liberals turned out to be, they couldn't be much worse than Brumby's clowns. As we all know now, I got it wrong. Ted started out badly and never recovered: his government made bad decision after bad decision and within twelve months was more unpopular than Brumby's tired mob had been. Geoff and Denis came in to replace Ted, and nothing changed: the mismanagement continued and their unpopularity increased.

Dan Andrews isn't going to be a great premier, but he doesn't have to be. He just has to be better than the Liberal goons, which is a very easy task indeed. Victorian Labor had a huge fright at the last election. Under Brumby they thought they could do whatever they liked and ignore the good of the state. They learned that they can't. Andrews said just that many times. He will be a much better Premier than Brumby, Napthine, or Baileau. Not as good as Bracks or Cain or Hamer, obviously, but safe hands humbled by defeat.

As usual, they will get too big for their boots eventually and need to be cut down once more, but with any luck that won't be for another three for four terms in office.

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:46 am

Vic Libs have no talent, they're an uninspired mess. They really need to get Costello onboard or someone with some charisma to run the opposition because they're gawn.

While I of course will be voting LDP if they run a candidate in my seat I'll be preferencing Labor, and anyone who's paid attention to my political leanings know that's saying something.

Vic Libs are shit right now, they cut all the wrong things (TAFE) and are an insipid, do nothing mob of lazy shunts.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:49 am

That was not very original.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:42 pm

And Labour once elected should run an investigation into the Parks Deal that was done. What a disgrace.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/victoria-state-election-2014/state-election-2014-talk-is-cheap-20141106-11hwwh.html
ronrat 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:59 am

I am going to get fined for not voting and won't pay it. I will never pay it. I have left the country. If I want to vote I have to travel 4 hours either way to vote for some prat who has never even answered letters I have sent. I will get fined for council elections too. So they will be sent to a unit that will be vacant for at least 3 months for renovations and maybe more if the owners sell. And if I did vote I would vote for neither of the main parties. Neither have a progressive bone in their bodies. Yes they will put up bills that should be passed but only in the knowledge that they will call a conscience vote or safe in the knowledge that Canberra will have it changed. Marijuana use and voluntary medically assisted euthanasia being 2 prime examples. Neither party deserve any support.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 1 of 13   

Jump to: