Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

I hate the Olympics

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:51 pm
Post subject: I hate the OlympicsReply with quote

http://m.theage.com.au/sport/olympics-2012/dumb-and-dumber-to-be-sent-home-early-from-london-20120609-202kh.html

Quote:
Nick D'Arcy and Kenrick Monk will be sent home from the London Olympics immediately after the final day of the swimming events as punishment for posting inappropriate images on social network sites this week.

The Australian Olympic Committee has decided to send the duo back to Australia at the conclusion of their commitments in London as a result of images posted of the two swimmers brandishing guns while competing in California a fortnight ago. The pair were quickly tagged "Dumb and Dumber" after an image became public. D'Arcy and Monk have also been banned from blogging and using any social media sites throughout the games, including Twitter and Facebook.

What a bunch of absurd PR-wank... and that's just the Olympics!

Let's get our heads around the rules here:

1) Guns are legal to buy in America, unless you're an Olympian. If you are, you're not even allowed to touch them.

2) You are entitled to maintain social media profiles and keep them private, unless you're an Olympian. If you are, your data is not only permitted to be spread around without recourse, but you are responsible for any offence that some do-gooder might take. The media will dub you "dumb" for not realising this.

3) Nick Green is the ultimate arbiter of personal and professional morality and behaviour for Olympians. No matter how harmless your action may be (or would be considered to be by most sensible people), if you breach his standards, yer out.

4) Hypocrisy, however, is permissible for Olympic officials. Thus, holding guns is inappropriate, but shooting is still an Olympic sport. You must be a member of the shooting team to horse around with guns.

5) Olympians must be held to a ridiculously high standard of behaviour at all times in their personal lives. Cities hosting the Olympics can clear out the homeless as they see fit, whilst diverting millions of valuable taxpayer dollars to extravagant ceremonies.

Are we good? Right.

I hate the Olympics.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:09 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't hate the olympics but I found all the rubbish about the photo to be borderline ridiculous.

One article referred to the guns the were holding as high powered weapons the same as those used in the Port Arthur Masacre. FMD, one bloke had hand guns, the other had shotguns, neither of which Bryant used at Port Arthur.

And I really love the bleat about "High Powered weapons".

Guess what dipshit, they don't make many low powered ones.

2 young blokes, get a photo taken holding some guns and suddenly they're linked with serial killers. FFS get a grip.

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:21 pm

Two complete scumbags who should never have been allowed on the team in the first place, you mean. One assaulted another swimmer, causing serious injury, was found guilty, and fined. He STILL has not paid the fine, and now he demonstrates his contempt for the sort of decent people who are paying for his ticket through their taxes with this stunt. Throw the barstard off the team. We don't want him.

The other one is the meathead who fell off his skateboard (which he wasn't supposed to be on 'cause he was in training) and then wasted any amount of important police investigation time with his completely-made-up story about being deliberately run off the road while cycling. Throw this one off too.

The only money the government should spend on accommodation for scumbags like these two is for extra time in the clink.

Black_White Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:28 pm

Love the Olympics. Will watch hours and hours of it, and become an expert on sports I only see every four years.
But the administrators have been run by the media in this case.
There was no problem with the pic, there was no problem with posting it on social networks.
But the media smelt a story and considering it involved the "bad boys" of the swimming world someone decide they could make a name for themselves.
When will the administrators, and the media, realise that the Australian people are just not that precious?
Nick - Pie Man 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:37 pm

They are that precious. Listen to SEN, the poor dears ring this 'Finey' character every night to whinge about people like Nick Darcy.

(why is it that every Nick I know is a prick???)
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:41 pm

You could almost understand the hysteria if the story went something like.. they then proceeded to pick of innocent bystanders in the street.. before turning the guns on themselves
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:10 am

Tannin wrote:
Two complete scumbags who should never have been allowed on the team in the first place, you mean. One assaulted another swimmer, causing serious injury, was found guilty, and fined. He STILL has not paid the fine, and now he demonstrates his contempt for the sort of decent people who are paying for his ticket through their taxes with this stunt. Throw the barstard off the team. We don't want him.

The other one is the meathead who fell off his skateboard (which he wasn't supposed to be on 'cause he was in training) and then wasted any amount of important police investigation time with his completely-made-up story about being deliberately run off the road while cycling. Throw this one off too.

The only money the government should spend on accommodation for scumbags like these two is for extra time in the clink.

+1 - they are an embarrassment.

david how can anyone hate the olympics??

i understand non sporty people having no interest, but hate?? strong word

i love them, i laugh and cry and cheer, not just for the aussies, not just for the poms, but for the winners. the best of the best. its simply smashing!!

BTW my sister represented Oz at 2 olympics and 2 commonwealth games. she has two bronze commonwealth medals, and yeah yeah i konw, they dont count, but hey, guess what, $£$%^%%$ oath they do!!

good on anyone for having a go.

i loved the english bird man, i love the movie of the Jamiacan bob sled team. i loved Carl Lewis. i loved Alisha Camplins Gold, and of course the accidental skater winner!!

the guy from a small African country, who swan a lap in about 5 min, how bloody good was that??

he had a go.

oh to be that good at something.

bring em on, no sleep for me!!

Miss_Lisey_Molloy Taurus

Keith Urban - CMA 2005 Entertainer Of The Year!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:19 am

I hate them. I honestly HATE them! Everything about them! The only part that was exciting was when Kylie sang at ours. That's it!

We are having a Mini Olympics for the kids at my creche, so I am getting the TV hooked up to an aerial so we can have the olympics playing. I want them to understand why we are having our own olympics. But, the TV is right in front of my desk so I am going to have to listen to it all day! I think I might die lol Razz

Love always, Alyssa xoxo

Jarrod Molloy's #1 Fan! Pies are Premiers in 2010!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:52 am

Kylie was your highlight?? For real?

OMG

Your not a sporty person are you, just guessing

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:53 am

Tannin wrote:

I read about that; both cases would have been good ground for them to be given the boot... so why this?. I mean, really.

I don't buy an 'accumulation of factors' argument because this is so totally trivial compared to the previous incidents that it just makes the committee look worse. Some serious adjustment of priorities required, methinks.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:54 am

think positive wrote:

OMG

I confess I enjoy the European Handball.

Could give gymnastics, swimming and track & field a miss.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:06 am

David wrote:
Tannin wrote:

I read about that; both cases would have been good ground for them to be given the boot... so why this?. I mean, really.

I don't buy an 'accumulation of factors' argument because this is so totally trivial compared to the previous incidents that it just makes the committee look worse. Some serious adjustment of priorities required, methinks.

Kind of like Ben Cousins and the Eagles huh?

Obviously athletic prowess is more important than social values.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:19 am

David wrote:
think positive wrote:

OMG

I confess I enjoy the European Handball.

Could give gymnastics, swimming and track & field a miss.

Lucky you have a remote control!

So you won't be watching Bolt run?

Watching the sheer perfection of the human body in motion. Gymnastic can get a bit repetitive, but wow, some of the things they can do.

The mateship of the games.

The only time I like watching flash backs of history.

The runner, winning, but stopping to help a fallen team mate. And goes on to win anyway.

The world champion, who broke and was eliminated from the final. I still cry at her pain now.

The black athletes with their fists held high on the podium. I don't care that it was political, it was a great moment.

The american dream team. WOW. How good was that!

The aboriginal winning the 200 metre gold medal after so much expectation was on her shoulders. ( someone thought Kylie was better than that moment?)

Ali lighting the flame, his body riddled with alziemers. OMG the tears when he came out. I will never forget that moment.

The swimmer, who came back from defeat, swimming from the outside lane, and once again, against all the odds, was king of the pool. Racing up to hug his wife in the crowd. How good was that 14 minutes? Who thought he could do it?

A big portion of the world coming together, the colour of the opening ceremony. The tiny contingents from small countries, there is no other event like it.

The best in action, simply the best.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:13 am

think positive wrote:
David wrote:
Tannin wrote:

Kind of like Ben Cousins and the Eagles huh?

Obviously athletic prowess is more important than social values.

I may be in the minority, but I don't see it as being a sporting organisation's job to enforce social values.

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:33 am

David wrote:
I may be in the minority, but I don't see it as being a sporting organisation's job to enforce social values.

Do try to think straight my friend. Sport is a "social value". Sport does little else other than "enforce social values".

OK, that's not quite qhat you meant when you posted. But a little reflection on the history of these two scumbags will soon bring you to the same conclusion.

These two scumheads are only onm the team in the first place because they begged and pleaded for forgiveness and asked for one more chance, because they promised faithfully that they were really nice, decent lads underneath it all and that their history of lies and violence and anti-social behaviour was O V E R over. Now we find them glorying in violence once again, taking actual delight in weapons designed to maim and kill.

They have not reformed. The have demonstrated their contempt for the norms of decent behaviour, and I am still paying for their trip to London! Throw the barstards off the team right now with their papers marked "never to be reconsidered".We should NEVER send dishonest, lying thugs to represent our natiion.

(Except where they wear a nice tie and are are paid-up members of the Liberal Party, of course.)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 1 of 25   

Jump to: