Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

ISIS

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 112, 113, 114 ... 126, 127, 128  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:41 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I hadn't seen those David, interesting, thanks. You'd expect them to implode in the end, but it's the sheer amount of carnage they might do beforehand, in their own region and in our cities, which makes time and containment vital.
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:53 pm

Godfather of terror: Saudi Arabia and 'IS'

http://www.dw.com/en/godfather-of-terror-saudi-arabia-and-is/a-18876511

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:46 pm

Good article Morrigu! We shouldn't also forget that Qatar needs to be held to account as well as Saudi Arabia for the spread of Wahhabi Islam.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:23 pm

David wrote:

ISIS members and co-conspirators (both inside and outside Iraq/Syria): 52,600257,900
Global Muslim population: 1,570,000,000

Even if we take the maximum estimate, that's a grand total of 0.015%.

To put that into perspective, there are 234,000 convicted child molesters in America out of a total population of 318 million. That means that 0.073% of Americans are convicted child molesters.

An American is five times more likely to be a child molester than a Muslim is to be a member or co-conspirator of ISIS.

Should we be letting Americans into this country?

Easy to keep the convicted child molesters out, not so easy to identify the ISIS conspirators/sympathisers.

I get your point but I think personally it's a dumb comparison.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:18 pm

^ it's just an example. You could just as easily replace them with the ones who haven't been caught, or gang members, or unconvicted rapists - in all cases, the proportions will likely be higher or in the same ballpark.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:32 pm

Again, I do get the point but you're making it badly IMO.

There are statistics on the known percentage of a Muslim population to become radicalised.

The fact that there is several streams of Islam is no security as there's documented examples of people becoming radicalised and going to the dark side from the opposition.

I'm not implying by any stretch that all muslims are a worry, far from it, but comparing Muslim immigrants from warzones to non muslim immigrants from non warzones is comparing apples and oranges.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:37 pm

Is Assad buying oil from ISIS?

Quote:
Is Syria Buying Oil From ISIS? US Sanctions Syrian Businessman For Acting As 'Middleman' In Transactions

The U.S. Treasury Department sanctioned a Syrian businessman Wednesday. Officials say he served as a middleman for the Syrian governments oil purchases from the Islamic State group, Reuters reported.

In the U.S. governments latest effort to cut off funding for the group, which claimed responsibility for the terror attacks in Paris earlier this month, the Treasury Department said it also sanctioned three other individuals and their affiliated businesses, including the Russian Financial Alliance Bank, for allegedly helping Syrias central bank evade international sanctions.

U.S. officials have long been vocal with concerns that Syrian President Bashar Assad was boosting the Islamic State groups finances by buying oil on territory that was previously controlled by the Syrian government in Damascus. But the U.S. governments sanctions Wednesday were the first to be imposed on Syrias oil trade.

http://www.ibtimes.com/syria-buying-oil-isis-us-sanctions-syrian-businessman-acting-middleman-transactions-2200675

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:01 pm

Sounds like propaganda to divert attention away from the fact that US ally Turkey, specifically the son of the President, is buying the vast majority of the oil from IS.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:28 pm

This made me laugh.

http://www.triplem.com.au/melbourne/stuff/pub-talk/2015/11/some-genius-just-turned-isis-into-a-rubber-duck-army/

Laughing

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:33 pm

Oops. Too much data.
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:06 pm

stui magpie wrote:
This made me laugh.

http://www.triplem.com.au/melbourne/stuff/pub-talk/2015/11/some-genius-just-turned-isis-into-a-rubber-duck-army/

Laughing

Lol Laughing

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:30 pm

An interesting article :Submitted by Prof. Sharma (India), Nov 8, 2006 at 06:32 (No, I don't know who he is, but to have written this almost a decade ago is what interested me)

http://www.danielpipes.org/comments/65537

Big difference to your numbers David......

Quote:
Also keep in mind that while only 15% of Muslims are potential jihadists today, that percentage is growing rapidly. Thanks to OPEC funding and clerical indoctrination, the Islamic world is becoming increasingly fundamentalist. In twenty years most Muslims could be terrorists - and probably will be.

There is another factor in play that we must not ignore. When America invaded Iraq my analysis was validated. With accessible Infidel targets, the gap between potential jihadists and actual jihadists narrowed substantially. Acts of terrorism increased over one million percent - from one every several months to hundreds per day. Given the opportunity to tangibly demonstrate their religion, an unparalleled number of Muslims became terrorists. Therefore, should there be another miscue like Iraq, or should the war on terror be expanded, rather than dealing with 1.8 million Islamic jihadists, the world will have to confront a hundred million of them, or more.

Cool

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:45 pm

Great Vishnu, I thought you were going to hit me with an academic study there and was getting prepared to write a lengthy rebuttal. That is - how can I put this gently? - quite possibly the stupidest thing I've ever read.

But don't believe me, have a look at Skids' link for yourself. You'll want to see for yourself how our esteemed Indian professor derives his '15% of Muslims are potential jihadists' claim. It goes something a bit like this:

https://youtu.be/H9PY_3E3h2c

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:49 pm

Thanks for explaining - how can I put this .
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:43 pm

Laughing Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 112, 113, 114 ... 126, 127, 128  Next
Page 113 of 128   

Jump to: