Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

ISIS

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 111, 112, 113 ... 126, 127, 128  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:24 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

^ agreed. It was a very good read, but it doesn't really take us far beyond what we know : That Sharia law is rooted in the Koran, and the Koran, formed as it was in a time of war under exteremly harsh conditions, has many inflammatory passages used to justify militancy. Nice professors in American universities might want a debate about the need to historicize Sharia, but in the Middle East and Pakistan that's not really cutting much ice, and it is from those countries that the cultural imperialism and aspirations of Islam are being defined, and the murder flows.
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:28 pm

Mugwump wrote:
^ agreed. It was a very good read, but it doesn't really take us far beyond what we know : That Sharia law is rooted in the Koran, and the Koran, formed as it was in a time of war under exteremly harsh conditions, has many inflammatory passages used to justify militancy. Nice professors in American universities might want a debate about the need to historicize Sharia, but in the Middle East and Pakistan that's not really cutting much ice, and it is from those countries that the cultural imperialism and aspirations of Islam are being defined, and the murder flows.

That was a good article, TP. Nice find.

Mugwump, I honestly have no idea what you're saying there; what is not cutting much ice in the ME and Pakistan and how the heck would you know anyhow? Confused

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:28 pm

pietillidie wrote:

Well there you go then I finally post something you don't hate and is reasonably interesting to you and still I get no credit - b*stard Razz Razz Wink

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:44 pm

U.S. issues travel warning, sees 'increased terrorist threats'

http://news.yahoo.com/u-issues-travel-warning-sees-increased-terrorist-threats-224523312.html

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:48 pm

Oh a web page.
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:40 pm

Morrigu wrote:
pietillidie wrote:

Well there you go then I finally post something you don't hate and is reasonably interesting to you and still I get no credit - b*stard Razz Razz Wink

Haha - good article Smile TP was probably thinking: "That ba%&ard owes me, anyhow!"

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:30 am

Bugger, was nt really me!
Skids Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:17 am

ISIS 'left on brink of defeat' by Russian bomb attacks with only 34 bases left

China has also joined the war against ISIS after it claimed to have killed Beijing man Fan Jinghui, 50, alongside Norwegian national Ole Johan Grimsgaard-Ofstad, 48, who were feared to have been taken hostage in September.

Chinese President Xi Jinping: "China will strengthen cooperation with the international community, resolutely crack down on violent terrorist operations that devastate innocent lives and safeguard world peace and security."

He also called on the relevant departments to boost security work "outside China's borders".

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/isis-left-on-brink-of-defeat-by-russian-bomb-attacks-with-only-34-bases-left/ar-BBnoOcI?li=AAavLaF&ocid=sl5mdhp

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:49 pm

MSN news wrote:
600 extremists were destroyed

Why not say 'killed'? A bit unpalatable to acknowledge that these are human beings?

Not saying it's wrong to bomb ISIS targets, necessarily. I just think it'd be nice if such events could be reported honestly without the need to reach for euphemism just so we can tell ourselves we're the good guys.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:47 pm

How about "600 delusional arsewipes were converted to organic fertiliser"
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:50 pm

Still mind-boggling that these two wanted to live in the "Islamic State", but no surprise by their violent end.

http://www.news.com.au/world/middle-east/is-pinup-changes-her-mind-is-brutally-punished/news-story/5105e2438e6b933e0d42646d1198e9ac

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:11 pm

^ so sad beautiful young so young girls .........
Skids Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:16 am

Over the course of four minutes and fourteen seconds, ISIS literally threatens every country on the face of the earth, shows pictures of its fighters grinning and horsing around like something out of a Gap ad, calls Bill Clinton a "fornicator", runs down the statistics on verteran suicide rates in America, brands Russia and France a "coalition of devils", says the US is too weak to put boots on the ground, speaks out against racism, and tells the US, Russia, France, and "all of you" to "bring it on."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3333470/ISIS-taunt-America-new-video-urging-bring-vow-bring-fire-enemies-80-banners-raised-against-mock-soldier-suicides.html

This mob really need to taste some force. Evil or Very Mad

C'mon David, tell me about my islamophobia, how there's only a few nut jobs out there and all your other apologist rhetoric.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:52 am

Are you saying that because you realise that ISIS represents a tiny percentage of the Muslim world (and is also 'at war' with most Muslims), or because you don't?

Do you know the difference between Sunni and Shia Islam, and what ISIS think of Shiites?

Do you know how many Sunni Muslims have been killed by ISIS for not following their particular brand of Islam?

Do you know how many Sunni-dominated countries are currently fighting against ISIS?

I'm not going to hold your hand through this. If your problem is with reality, do your own research and leave me out of it.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:16 am

For those underestimating the extent of sectarian conflict within the Islamic militant world, let alone the Muslim world as a whole, this is from June:

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/jun/30/islamic-state-threatens-hamas-gaza-strip

Quote:
We will uproot the state of the Jews [Israel] and you and Fatah, and all of the secularists are nothing and you will be overrun by our creeping multitudes, said a maskedIslamic Statemember in the message addressed to the tyrants of Hamas.

ISIS on the Muslim Brotherhood:

http://shoebat.com/2014/08/23/isis-declares-war-hamas-muslim-brotherhood/

Quote:
[The Brotherhood] seeks to support the religion in terms of the Social Contract theory and is resorting to the ordinances and other exaggerations from the trash bin of ideas. Whoever does this is someone who claims to support the religion while they practice witchcraft.

ISIS vs the Taliban:

http://nationalinterest.org/feature/taliban-vs-isis-the-islamic-state-doomed-afghanistan-13153

And the list goes on.

If ISIS can't handle even the slightest deviation from its theological or political positions, how do you think they're possibly going to capture the hearts and minds of the Muslim world? Their numbers speak for themselves.

ISIS members and co-conspirators (both inside and outside Iraq/Syria): 52,600257,900
Global Muslim population: 1,570,000,000

Even if we take the maximum estimate, that's a grand total of 0.015%.

To put that into perspective, there are 234,000 convicted child molesters in America out of a total population of 318 million. That means that 0.073% of Americans are convicted child molesters.

An American is five times more likely to be a child molester than a Muslim is to be a member or co-conspirator of ISIS.

Should we be letting Americans into this country?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 111, 112, 113 ... 126, 127, 128  Next
Page 112 of 128   

Jump to: