Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

ISIS

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 110, 111, 112 ... 126, 127, 128  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:47 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Good article! Thanks for linking it Morrigu.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:15 pm

Morrigu wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
Fair rant this.

Quote:
WALEED Aly has unleashed on Australia’s politicians and Muslim leaders who have preached “hate” in the wake of the Paris attacks saying their actions actually help Islamic State rather than defeat them.
The Project co-host used his regular ‘We need to talk about’ segment to not only call for solidarity following the atrocity, which left 132 people dead and hundreds more injured, but to highlight what he says is the truth about the militant organisation — that they’re weak.

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/waleed-aly-hits-out-at-isis-over-paris-attacks-calls-them-weak/story-fn948wjf-1227611388541

FWIW I agree.

Agree but I thought this piece was even better!

The reluctance to blame Islamic State alone for Paris attacks plays into their hands

http://www.smh.com.au/comment/the-reluctance-to-blame-islamic-state-alone-for-paris-terror-attacks-plays-into-their-hands-20151116-gl0d0o.html#comments

Good article M.

I'm glad it was written by Hussain Nadim rather than Moishe Goldberg Wink

I've mentioned a few times over the years I want Hisb-ut-Tahrir banned in Australia as they are in other counties around the world. I don't know why we tolerate such hate filled, racist & misogynist organisations in Australia.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:41 am

^

Yeah,

If people want to read hate filled spiteful rubbish, just go to GD after a loss.

Razz

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:18 am

stui magpie wrote:
^

Yeah,

If people want to read hate filled spiteful rubbish, just go to GD after a loss.

Razz

Laughing Laughing

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:50 pm

Here are the links of a four-part interview of an ISIS defector who trained jihadists and was a part of the recruiting process but has now subsequently left the group.

This interview was done before the Paris attacks occurred. Part four of the interview can be found below the articles of part one or two.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/11/15/confessions-of-an-isis-spy.html

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/11/16/how-isis-picks-its-suicide-bombers.html

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/11/17/inside-isis-torture-brigades.html

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:07 pm

^ cheers Jezza - a cult is a cult is a cult it seems.

Oh and I wasn't having a shot at you re the Russian plane bombing - just trying to post in context - I hope you didn't think I was.

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:43 am

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:39 am

^ Excellent Wokko, I laughed and laughed
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:43 pm

Morrigu wrote:
^ cheers Jezza - a cult is a cult is a cult it seems.

Oh and I wasn't having a shot at you re the Russian plane bombing - just trying to post in context - I hope you didn't think I was.

No I didn't think you were Morrigu so it's cool and it was a good thing you posted it anyway because it was important news in the context of what we were discussing in the last week or two.

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:05 pm

Mugwump wrote:
^ Excellent Wokko, I laughed and laughed

Haha, yes; even I laughed at that!

Sadly, some people will think it's saying something scientific about human behaviour and even something factual about Muslim peoples; nevertheless, it's a rare and endangered treat to get some decent conservative humour.

The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:32 pm

I had posted a bit about this in the Paris attacks thread, but this probably should go here.

Quote:
The FBI has stepped in to investigate a possible terrorist threat to be carried out during a big time WWE event.

The Phillips Arena in Atlanta, home to Sunday's "Survivor Series" is reportedly one of several targets for an ISIS-related attack. According to a statement from the FBI, they are taking the threat seriously, but do not have "specific or credible information of an attack at this time."

As of now, the event is still a go, and both the FBI and WWE say they will be working with other law enforcement agencies to ensure the safety of those attending.

Source: TMZ

There was increased security at last night's NXT live event in Venice, FL.

There were metal detectors and security were checking bags and patting people down, which has never happened before for an NXT live event at the venue.

Quote:
SURVIVOR SERIES UPDATE:

As previously reported, ISIS may be planning to hit the Survivor Series pay-per-view in Atlanta.

The local CBS in Atlanta is reporting that the FBI is taking the threat very seriously, they issued this statement to Action 2 News:

"The FBI is aware of reports of an alleged threat that includes an Atlanta, Georgia venue and event. While we take all threats seriously, we do not have specific or credible information of an attack at this time. We have, however, made the proper notifications as we continue to work closely with our law enforcement and private sector partners to keep our community safe."

The Georgia Emergency Management Agency Director Jim Butterworth has told Channel 2 that his agency is working very closely with the FBI, the Georgia Information Sharing & Analysis Center & others in evaluating the severity of this threat.

Channel 2 is reporting that the Atlanta Police Department is talking about possibly replanning the event.

As noted, Triple H has said that Survivor Series is currently still happening as planned.

We'll keep you updated.

This is not the first time there were some threats on the wrestling company, there were fears during the first Gulf War when they did an angle with Sgt. Slaughter that they had to take some security measures. Nothing eventually happened and some speculated that there was nothing going on, just the poor ticket sales for the event which was why they moved from the big out door arena to the smaller indoor arena, but you never can tell.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:10 pm

The Prototype wrote:
I had posted a bit about this in the Paris attacks thread, but this probably should go here.

Quote:
The FBI has stepped in to investigate a possible terrorist threat to be carried out during a big time WWE event.

The Phillips Arena in Atlanta, home to Sunday's "Survivor Series" is reportedly one of several targets for an ISIS-related attack. According to a statement from the FBI, they are taking the threat seriously, but do not have "specific or credible information of an attack at this time."

As of now, the event is still a go, and both the FBI and WWE say they will be working with other law enforcement agencies to ensure the safety of those attending.

Source: TMZ

There was increased security at last night's NXT live event in Venice, FL.

There were metal detectors and security were checking bags and patting people down, which has never happened before for an NXT live event at the venue.

Quote:
SURVIVOR SERIES UPDATE:

As previously reported, ISIS may be planning to hit the Survivor Series pay-per-view in Atlanta.

The local CBS in Atlanta is reporting that the FBI is taking the threat very seriously, they issued this statement to Action 2 News:

"The FBI is aware of reports of an alleged threat that includes an Atlanta, Georgia venue and event. While we take all threats seriously, we do not have specific or credible information of an attack at this time. We have, however, made the proper notifications as we continue to work closely with our law enforcement and private sector partners to keep our community safe."

The Georgia Emergency Management Agency Director Jim Butterworth has told Channel 2 that his agency is working very closely with the FBI, the Georgia Information Sharing & Analysis Center & others in evaluating the severity of this threat.

Channel 2 is reporting that the Atlanta Police Department is talking about possibly replanning the event.

As noted, Triple H has said that Survivor Series is currently still happening as planned.

We'll keep you updated.

This is not the first time there were some threats on the wrestling company, there were fears during the first Gulf War when they did an angle with Sgt. Slaughter that they had to take some security measures. Nothing eventually happened and some speculated that there was nothing going on, just the poor ticket sales for the event which was why they moved from the big out door arena to the smaller indoor arena, but you never can tell.

[img]https://fbcdn-photos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xtf1/v/t1.0-0/p526x296/12027796_905686829515530_460795665889762880_n.jpg?oh=a17edc2e35f7375def4c10453a71636d&oe=56EEB559&__gda__=1459165948_d94f9f4bc8e05f445e054215d1efc640g[/img]

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:13 pm

I thought this was a quite interesting read.

https://independentaustralia.net/article-display/how-islamic-law-can-take-on-isis,8400

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:33 pm

^

It was. Good article.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:49 pm

Morrigu wrote:
I thought this was a quite interesting read.

https://independentaustralia.net/article-display/how-islamic-law-can-take-on-isis,8400

Good read

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 110, 111, 112 ... 126, 127, 128  Next
Page 111 of 128   

Jump to: