Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

ISIS

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 105, 106, 107 ... 126, 127, 128  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:29 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Pies4shaw wrote:
I think it is critically important that we be motivated solely by revenge and the desire to inflict suffering, 'cause that will fix everything.

Do not feed the trolls

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:32 pm

CP wrote:
David wrote:
That headline made it sound like they died in some freak theme park accident or riding bicycles one-handed. I guess "45 ISIS fighters poisoned" is less of a clickbaity headline.

(By the way, I love when people start using euphemisms for 'killed' or 'murdered'. 'Eliminated' makes it sound nice and clean, like we're not actually talking about real human beings who died horribly.)

They aren't "real human beings".

They deserve to die "horribly".

One can only hope their suffering during their death throes was 1000 times greater than any of us could imagine.

"One" sounds like "one" would make a good ISIS recruit. A lack of empathy and regard for human life makes one a good candidate.

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:03 pm

"One" would lack the courage, David.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:21 pm

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/aug/18/isis-beheads-archaeologist-syria

Very sad news from last week but this man had serious courage of the highest order.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:54 am

Surprised no one has made mention of this.

Another lone wolf attack on a French train only avoided by the bravery of some holidaying American and British soldiers.

I've thought previously how a train would be an easy target for an incident like this given the captive nature of it.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=127_1440206505

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:07 am

swoop42 wrote:
Surprised no one has made mention of this.

Another lone wolf attack on a French train only avoided by the bravery of some holidaying American and British soldiers.

I've thought previously how a train would be an easy target for an incident like this given the captive nature of it.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=127_1440206505

Needs Steven segal @underseige2!

Saw this good stuff!

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:00 pm

Yes I heard about it Swoop but I don't think it was ISIS related necessarily, but I think the perpetrator had been in Syria recently but this hasn't been confirmed one way or another.

I found some really good articles about the causes and origins of how ISIS were able to thrive in Iraq and generally I agree with this point of view. Western intervention was definitely a catalyst for the emergence of ISIS after 2003 but Saddam's regime in the final 10 years certainly needs to be explored and discussed in more detail to understand the foundations of the group in the region.

Definitely worth a read to anyone who has the time

Iraq Is Still Suffering The Effects Of Saddam Husseins Islamist Regime - https://kyleorton1991.wordpress.com...e-effects-of-saddam-husseins-islamist-regime/

Saddam and the Islamists, Part 2 - https://kyleorton1991.wordpress.com/2015/04/20/saddam-and-the-islamists-part-2/

Saddam Husseins Regime Produced The Islamic State - https://kyleorton1991.wordpress.com/2015/04/21/saddam-husseins-regime-produced-the-islamic-state/

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:11 am

Al-Qaeda declares war on ISIS! Shocked Laughing Shocked

Quote:
Terror group al Qaeda has 'declared war' on fellow jihadists Islamic State in an angry speech by its leader.

Ayman al-Zawahiri, who replaced Osama bin Laden four years ago, blasted his opposite number in an audio message on the eve of the 9/11 anniversary.

Al-Zawahiri accused the ISIS chief Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi of 'sedition' for last year declaring he is the leader of all Muslims - the fourth Caliph.

In the message, released online on Wednesday, Egyptian doctor al-Zawahiri said: We have endured a lot of harm from Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi and his brothers, and we preferred to respond with as little as possible, out of our concern to extinguish the fire of sedition.

But Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi and his brothers did not leave us a choice, for they have demanded that all the mujahideen reject their confirmed pledges of allegiance, and to pledge allegiance to them for what they claim of a caliphate."

Al-Baghdadi had called on the worlds Muslims to obey him as the head of the caliphate in a rare public speech in Mosul, Iraq last year.

He said: "I am the wali (leader) who presides over you, though I am not the best of you, so if you see that I am right, assist me.

If you see that I am wrong, advise me and put me on the right track, and obey me as long as I obey God in you.

Zawahiri said "everyone was surprised" by al-Baghdadi's declaration and he had done this "without consulting the Muslims".

A counter terrorism expert has said the move will 'irreconcilably' divide the two militant groups.

Speaking to 6abc, Matthew Olsen added: "Zawahiri until now has not been willing to openly condemn Baghdadi and ISIS - it highlights how deep the division is between al Qaeda leadership and ISIS.

"It suggests that the differences are irreconcilable.

"Had ISIS and al Qaeda realigned by joining forces, it would be terrible."

The outburst came just ahead of the 14th anniversary of the September 11 attacks.

It is hoped the division could provide an opening for counter-terrorism operatives to exploit.

Mr Olsen said misinformation tactics could pit the two jihadi menaces against each other.

ISIS was formerly the al Qaeda branch in Iraq but split from the larger group two years ago.

In Afghanistan and Pakistan, ISIS "has been fighting non-stop" with the Taliban and al Qaeda, an official said.

They have also sometimes fought each other in Syria too.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/al-qaeda-declares-war-isis-6422015

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:54 am

Jezza wrote:
Yes I heard about it Swoop but I don't think it was ISIS related necessarily, but I think the perpetrator had been in Syria recently but this hasn't been confirmed one way or another.

I found some really good articles about the causes and origins of how ISIS were able to thrive in Iraq and generally I agree with this point of view. Western intervention was definitely a catalyst for the emergence of ISIS after 2003 but Saddam's regime in the final 10 years certainly needs to be explored and discussed in more detail to understand the foundations of the group in the region.

Definitely worth a read to anyone who has the time

Iraq Is Still Suffering The Effects Of Saddam Husseins Islamist Regime - https://kyleorton1991.wordpress.com...e-effects-of-saddam-husseins-islamist-regime/

Saddam and the Islamists, Part 2 - https://kyleorton1991.wordpress.com/2015/04/20/saddam-and-the-islamists-part-2/

Saddam Husseins Regime Produced The Islamic State - https://kyleorton1991.wordpress.com/2015/04/21/saddam-husseins-regime-produced-the-islamic-state/

Thanks Jezza - your research on this is always interesting.

I doubt that Saddam really produced Daesh, because i think the conditions for it were always there, and Saddam was in a sense surfing on it. A smaller sect suppressing a larger population inevitably builds explosive tensions, as the whole of the Arab Spring and its predictably chaotic aftermath has shown. It would probably have blown eventually as it did in Syria without Western intervention, but the Iraq War disaster let slip the dogs of war.

Looking forward to seeing AQ and Daesh being at war with one another. What's the warm-up act ? Kin Jong-Un and Putin in a cage-fight ? The slightly serious point in all this is that patience is probably a strategy, as these things tend to eat their own, in the end.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:58 am

Thanks for the response Mugwump! I didn't expect anyone to respond but yes I think the articles consider quite a few interesting points rather than simplistically stating that the Iraq invasion in 2003 caused the current turmoil in Iraq and Syria today. As I've stated numerous times, the invasion only perpetuated a problem that already existed in Iraq at the time under Saddam and the Baath Party. I still think the invasion was a massive mistake but what's done is done sadly.

In terms of the Al-Qaeda and ISIS schism this has been growing for a while now. ISIS was actually an offshoot of Al-Qaeda led by Abu Musab Al-Zarqawi and was known as Al-Qaeda in Iraq between 2004 and 2006 before it changed names over the years, but the two groups officially separated in February last year. From what I've found online with newspaper articles and journal articles, many within the Salafi movement regard ISIS as a cancer of their cause. The fact that Sunni groups like Al-Nusra Front and Jaysh Al-Islam (a part of the Islamic Front in Syria) have had no hesitation fighting against ISIS demonstrates this.

I am interested to hear your thoughts on Russia's planned involvement in Syria especially as they're a staunch ally of the Assad government. Will this change the context of the civil war in Syria or will a proxy war ignite if it hasn't already done so?

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:41 pm

Changed my mind - bomb the ISIS fcktards and anyone who supports them out of existence NOW!!

Escape from ISIS: The story of the secret network rescuing women and children held captive by ISIS.

http://www.abc.net.au/4corners/stories/2015/10/05/4323133.htm

Some seriously brave brave men and women - and yep I am calling more deserving - give these brave men the support they need to rescue the women and children ( 9 yrs old is ok apparently) from horrific systemic rape and brutality and give them asylum if they seek it especially the women and children - rather than the too many pea hearted opportunitisic young able bodied males who are currently tramping across Europe demanding and demanding!!!! Apart from the fact that I have no doubt that many of them are taking their sick doctrine with them with a view to imposing it on the people of Europe or any other country that is unfortunate enough to accept them Evil or Very Mad

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:56 pm

^Okay, well, I understand the passion, but you're getting too close to make impartial calls on that Wink
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:05 pm

Morrigu wrote:
Changed my mind - bomb the ISIS fcktards and anyone who supports them out of existence NOW!!

Escape from ISIS: The story of the secret network rescuing women and children held captive by ISIS.

http://www.abc.net.au/4corners/stories/2015/10/05/4323133.htm

Some seriously brave brave men and women - and yep I am calling more deserving - give these brave men the support they need to rescue the women and children ( 9 yrs old is ok apparently) from horrific systemic rape and brutality and give them asylum if they seek it especially the women and children - rather than the too many pea hearted opportunitisic young able bodied males who are currently tramping across Europe demanding and demanding!!!! Apart from the fact that I have no doubt that many of them are taking their sick doctrine with them with a view to imposing it on the people of Europe or any other country that is unfortunate enough to accept them Evil or Very Mad

If only it was that simple, Morrigu - but I don't think we can bomb them out of existence. They are a large organised crime syndicate with no scruples living on the back of chaos within one of the least attractive of the world's religions. They also hide amid civilian populations, and trying to bomb them will cause more disasters of the kind that happened with MSF in Afghanistan over the weekend, creating more Anti-western feeling.

The thing that will probably cleanse them from the earth is either good and brave soldiering from the regional powers (Turkey, Iran, Saudi, Syria) or their own internal squabbles over loot.

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:25 pm

^ yes you are right but I am sick of these people - I am sick of seeing what they do and trying to patch up the physical wounds with no ability to heal the psychological and I am sick of government and associated wordsmiths talking about the big picture - the big picture ain't working!!

I am wound up atm - and have been chastised ( sort of Wink ) by hubby for my out of control ( read too many f's) language tonight and rational thought is currently illuding me ( if I ever had it)

I have done 3 stints O/S with MSF and I think someone who - if I was a religious person I would describe as an angel has lost their life just doing the right thing - always did the right thing Crying or Very sad

I'm irrational and should be ignored!!!

Last edited by Morrigu on Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:29 pm

Morrigu wrote:
^ yes you are right but I am sick of these people - I am sick of seeing what they do and trying to patch up the physical wounds with no ability to heal the physiological and I am sick of government and associated wordsmiths talking about the big picture - the big picture ain't working!!

I am wound up atm - and have been chastised ( sort of Wink ) by hubby for my out of control ( read too many f's) language tonight and rational thought is currently illuding me ( if I ever had it)

I have done 3 stints O/S with MSF and I think someone who - if I was a religious person I would describe as an angel has lost their life just doing the right thing - always did the right thing Crying or Very sad

I'm irrational and should be ignored!!!

No you shouldn't, god help us if the world was ruled solely buy rational, unemotional, men!

we need to get angry, and stay angry about what's going on, it's clearly becoming a global situation.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 105, 106, 107 ... 126, 127, 128  Next
Page 106 of 128   

Jump to: