Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

ISIS

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 104, 105, 106 ... 126, 127, 128  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:49 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

swoop42 wrote:
Glad to see Tone has wasted no time in using this disgusting act to further his own political agenda.

Quote:
Terror attacks overseas show fundamentalist militants are threatening Australia, Prime Minister Tony Abbott has said.

"This illustrates yet again, as far as the Daesh death cult is concerned, they're coming after us," he said

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-06-27/abbott-condemns-spate-of-terror-attacks/6577786

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-06-27/terror-attacks-by-islamist-militants-mark-day-of-bloodshed/6577608

Crikey let the blood at least coagulate Tone and worry about the victims and there families before concerning yourself with the possible wider ramifications.

It's not like we don't already comprehend the issue at hand.

God knows you jam it down our throat at every opportunity.

yeah, i heard something about what abbott said and was despairing. firstly, because i couldn't immediately comprehend how he arrived at the link he made and secondly, because he is our prime minister nd co es out with this.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:20 pm

Terrible events in Tunisia, Kuwait and France but somewhat unsurprising considering it's the lead up to the first anniversary since ISIS declared a 'caliphate' last year on June 29 and they were clearly making a statement of superiority after setbacks in Syria last week against the Kurdish forces.

I think Abbott's reaction to these events has played into his hands beautifully. It's not wrong to say that there are people who sympathize with ISIS and their ideology in Australia but I don't think scaring people to the point that ISIS is coming for us was appropriate and accurate either. The problems with ISIS largely exist in the Middle East and North African region as the attacks of Tunisia and Kuwait demonstrate.

Here's an interesting rundown of things with ISIS a year on since its self-declaration of a 'caliphate'.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/isis-a-year-of-the-caliphate-4-maps-that-show-how-far-and-fast-the-group-has-spread-10342191.html

<edit: link fixed>

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:31 pm

Hehe

http://theshrug.net/wait-until-you-hear-how-these-45-isis-fighters-were-eliminated/

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:49 pm

That headline made it sound like they died in some freak theme park accident or riding bicycles one-handed. I guess "45 ISIS fighters poisoned" is less of a clickbaity headline.

(By the way, I love when people start using euphemisms for 'killed' or 'murdered'. 'Eliminated' makes it sound nice and clean, like we're not actually talking about real human beings who died horribly.)

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:51 pm

Does that make sense?
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:56 pm

David wrote:
That headline made it sound like they died in some freak theme park accident or riding bicycles one-handed. I guess "45 ISIS fighters poisoned" is less of a clickbaity headline.

(By the way, I love when people start using euphemisms for 'killed' or 'murdered'. 'Eliminated' makes it sound nice and clean, like we're not actually talking about real human beings who died horribly.)

Oh food poisoning is a horrible death? You'd prefer being burnt alive in a cage, or having your head chopped off with a blunt knife?

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:27 pm

Don't say "head chopped off with a blunt knife". Try, perhaps, "irreversibly anatomically challenged by reason of collateral damage occasioned by careful application of blunt incision."
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:36 pm

think positive wrote:
David wrote:

Oh food poisoning is a horrible death? You'd prefer being burnt alive in a cage, or having your head chopped off with a blunt knife?

None of them are on my Christmas wishlist, thanks!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:51 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Don't say "head chopped off with a blunt knife". Try, perhaps, "irreversibly anatomically challenged by reason of collateral damage occasioned by careful application of blunt incision."

Hehehehe got to love a lawyer!

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:13 pm

think positive wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

Yeah, use a lot of words to just say "Fatally vertically adjusted"

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:30 pm

think positive wrote:
Hehe

http://theshrug.net/wait-until-you-hear-how-these-45-isis-fighters-were-eliminated/

This isn't the first time ISIS fighters have fallen victim to food poisoning like this so you'd think they would have learnt the first time.

Good riddance I say!

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:46 pm

stui magpie wrote:
think positive wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

Yeah, use a lot of words to just say "Fatally vertically adjusted"

You've obviously never been paid by the folio for your drafting. Wink
CP 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:22 pm

David wrote:

They aren't "real human beings".

They deserve to die "horribly".

One can only hope their suffering during their death throes was 1000 times greater than any of us could imagine.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:24 pm

Oh you can, can you?
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:24 pm

I think it is critically important that we be motivated solely by revenge and the desire to inflict suffering, 'cause that will fix everything.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 104, 105, 106 ... 126, 127, 128  Next
Page 105 of 128   

Jump to: