Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

ISIS

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 93, 94, 95 ... 126, 127, 128  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nick - Pie Man 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:47 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Just out of interest, at what point does it stop being 'terrorism' and start being plain old boring criminal activity? I seem to remember people were killing each other and blowing shit up well before the Muslims came and ruined Australia.
Nick - Pie Man 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:47 am

If I were to rob someone would that be terrorism? Would it be terrorism if I did it after walking past a mosque?
Nick - Pie Man 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:48 am

What if I robbed a rich guy because I really don't like how other people have more money than I do.

What if I killed him and ate his heart to steal his courage? Would that be terrorism?
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:50 am

Nick - Pie Man wrote:
Just out of interest, at what point does it stop being 'terrorism' and start being plain old boring criminal activity? I seem to remember people were killing each other and blowing shit up well before the Muslims came and ruined Australia.

Referring to Dictionary.com the basic definition of 'terrorism is as follows:

"The use of violence and threats to intimidate or coerce, especially for political purposes".

If these extremists had it their way we would be living under an Islamic caliphate governed by Sharia Law hence they pursue terror acts as a way to terrorise and to intimidate people to submit to their demands. Of course we'll never live under Sharia Law but they're still insane!

ronrat 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:18 am

Nick - Pie Man wrote:
If I were to rob someone would that be terrorism? Would it be terrorism if I did it after walking past a mosque?

Anything committed, for political purposes, without coverage of a legal state and a declaration of war and imposed on a civilian population is terrorism. Committed against the State can be treason or insurrection. They should charge these pricks with treason. It really narrows down whatever options they had. For starters they go straight to a Federal court.

If they are Australian citizens I am all for refusing them a passport, forever. A passport is not a right. It is a privilege. And don't give me that Bill of rights bullshit, we don't have one.

Nick - Pie Man 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:28 am

"The use of violence and threats to intimidate or coerce, especially for political purposes".

What do they mean by 'especially'? Would non-political threats fall under this definition? If I were to post something that could be as construed as threatening on facebook, would that make me a terrorist? Let me remind you that I have a very ethnic surname.
Nick - Pie Man 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:28 am

I'm not trying to be a smart arse here - no, really! - it just seems to be a very loose definition, is all.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:32 am

Nick - Pie Man wrote:

What do they mean by 'especially'? Would non-political threats fall under this definition? If I were to post something that could be as construed as threatening on facebook, would that make me a terrorist? Let me remind you that I have a very ethnic surname.

I'm not what Dictionary.com is saying exactly but I suspect maybe the definition extends to religious purposes as well but first and foremost it's typically motivated for political purposes and change even if religion is connected to this political motivation in some shape or form at certain times.

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:55 am

So was there anything to the plot or was it just Daniel Andrews needing a boost in the polls? Or does that only apply 1 way...
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:00 am

eddiesmith wrote:
So was there anything to the plot or was it just Daniel Andrews needing a boost in the polls? Or does that only apply 1 way...
All Pollies like a Terrorism Plot, it's a definite Poll booster.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:46 am

eddiesmith wrote:

Ahem, you think Andrews coordinated the plan for the AFP, anti terrorism squads and anti-terror intelligence as an plot? Shocked Rolling Eyes

Perhaps he was arranging them to bomb under Swanston Street to expedite the proposed train networks

I'm sure the religious right nutters have seen a video of Andrews as a Muslim. Come to think of it have you seen Andrews's Birth certificate? I for one haven't: I mean with a middle name of Mohammed I'm sure Dan Andrews can't be trusted.

Why was it that Dan Andrews lowered his head when visiting the ISIS "non violence collective" last week?

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:25 pm

watt price tully wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:

Ahem, you think Andrews coordinated the plan for the AFP, anti terrorism squads and anti-terror intelligence as an plot? Shocked Rolling Eyes

Well according to Nicks every other terrorist plot uncovered has been to give a boost to the polls by a politician...

Oh but I guess I was right that it only works 1 way, although under Nicks Conspiracy Theories it does come at a time when Daniel Andrews went back on an election promise where he said they will pay nothing to tear up the East West Link contracts...

Very nice distraction indeed and boy did he have plenty to say after the raids...
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:00 am

eddiesmith wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:

Well according to Nicks every other terrorist plot uncovered has been to give a boost to the polls by a politician...

Oh but I guess I was right that it only works 1 way, although under Nicks Conspiracy Theories it does come at a time when Daniel Andrews went back on an election promise where he said they will pay nothing to tear up the East West Link contracts...

Very nice distraction indeed and boy did he have plenty to say after the raids...

Nah, you've confused things:

As Tannin noted of course terrorism etc will boost polies votes.

However in this case his voting doesn't need a boost, the Libs lost quite comprehensively just a few months ago in an election that the Mad Monk said was going to be a mandate on the said East West link. Don't let facts get in the way of a good story. They lost comprehensively. Build a train bridge & get over it.

At the same time it wasn't a state issue that is, it was a federal police issue / federal terror issue - so can't be attributed to a State Premier re the timing of the release of information.

Nice try to try to make a link here when there isn't one.

Previously, the Mad Misogynist Monk as leader of the Federation of Commonwealth States is in a better position to use Federal police info etc.

But major events such as natural disasters & wars etc generally assist sitting Governments.

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:28 pm

Something positive.... ISIS, Taliban announced Jihad against each other.

http://www.khaama.com/isis-taliban-announced-jihad-against-each-other-3206

Let's hope they wipe each other out.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:52 pm

Skids wrote:
Something positive.... ISIS, Taliban announced Jihad against each other.

http://www.khaama.com/isis-taliban-announced-jihad-against-each-other-3206

Let's hope they wipe each other out.

That's something we can all agree on Smile First time I'll be backing a jihad success

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 93, 94, 95 ... 126, 127, 128  Next
Page 94 of 128   

Jump to: