Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

ISIS

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 126, 127, 128  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:35 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Jezza wrote:
David wrote:
I know, just find it funny that they, Russia, the US, China and the EU can all agree on something for once.

Quite amazing how ISIS has formed enemies everywhere. Apart from a few small terrorist groups it has no alliances with anyone. Not even Al-Qaeda endorses them Shocked

LOL - The ISIS pamphlet How to Create Enemies and Piss People Off coming to a remote terror training camp near you! Dale Carnegie eat your heart out!

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:26 am

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2014-09-29/woman-assaulted-racially-abused-at-batman-train-station/5776684

Quote:
A woman had her head slammed into a train carriage and was racially abused during an alleged attack at a railway station at Coburg North, in Melbourne's north.

Police said the 26-year-old victim was standing near the doors on the Upfield line train as it was approaching Batman station at 7pm on Thursday September 25 when another woman came towards her and started making racial comments.

She then grabbed the woman by the hair and neck, and repeatedly pushed her head into the wall of the carriage.

Police not saying anything about the ethnic/religious identity of the victim, but I'll give you a couple of clues: 1) It was in Coburg, and 2) police are not saying anything about the identity of the victim.

Opportunistic terrorism scares have consequences. How much more of this stuff will we have to put up with?

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:38 am

I agree, someone should blow Coburg up.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:29 am

David wrote:
http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2014-09-29/woman-assaulted-racially-abused-at-batman-train-station/5776684

Quote:
A woman had her head slammed into a train carriage and was racially abused during an alleged attack at a railway station at Coburg North, in Melbourne's north.

Police said the 26-year-old victim was standing near the doors on the Upfield line train as it was approaching Batman station at 7pm on Thursday September 25 when another woman came towards her and started making racial comments.

She then grabbed the woman by the hair and neck, and repeatedly pushed her head into the wall of the carriage.

Police not saying anything about the ethnic/religious identity of the victim, but I'll give you a couple of clues: 1) It was in Coburg, and 2) police are not saying anything about the identity of the victim.

Opportunistic terrorism scares have consequences. How much more of this stuff will we have to put up with?

I'm confused, what's your point? The ethnicity of the victim and the attacker were both made clear in other media, does it bother you that the ABC is covering it up? Confused

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:07 am

And in the meantime, I give you 'Islamic State - the sitcom".

Shocked Shocked Shocked

Quote:
Baghdad: Reclining on a gold-rimmed purple sofa, the leader of the Islamic State extremist group mulls his social-media strategy as an over-affectionate sword-wielding dwarf looks on.
Here's the town drunk, who has become a zealous follower of the Islamic State, beating those who consume alcohol — though he still drinks in secret himself.
And there's the shop owner who is informed that vegetables with names in the Arabic language that are female in gender can't mix with those of the male gender.
That's right, a new weapon has been unleashed in this country devastated by Islamist militant violence — comedy.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/world/islamic-state-the-sitcom-20140930-10nsoy.html#ixzz3EkUn8imy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:17 am

think positive wrote:

Hi ASIO, she was joking or at least I think she was. Shocked
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:01 pm

This is doing the rounds on Facebook. (supposed) shot of a letter to the editor in a newspaper. A bit of 'Australia- love it or leave it" by a Muslim.

As a sentiment it's getting some good support.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/v/t1.0-9/10649695_10152417858577479_6197405816286842485_n.jpg?oh=6f499c825f7af233a1ee1a37669a008f&oe=5487041C&__gda__=1417891657_7c8767af4e85f95ed35f009ca6c6d975

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:54 pm

I like Ali I think he will stay!
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:32 am

Well said, Ali. Australia is not perfect (and I'm not too sure about his belief that Australia is an "equal" society), but it's a lot better than those parts of the world that cannot effectively separate religion and the state, or that have no secure tradition of pluralism, democracy and freedom.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:35 am

Australia is my home.
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:23 am

Mugwump wrote:
Well said, Ali. Australia is not perfect (and I'm not too sure about his belief that Australia is an "equal" society), but it's a lot better than those parts of the world that cannot effectively separate religion and the state, or that have no secure tradition of pluralism, democracy and freedom.

Not to mention also a lot better than those moronic Western countries which have let their wealth gaps blow out because they've fallen hook, line and sinker for the fanatical Murdoch/George W. Abbott socio-economic lies.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:01 am

pietillidie wrote:
Mugwump wrote:

Not to mention also a lot better than those moronic Western countries which have let their wealth gaps blow out because they've fallen hook, line and sinker for the fanatical Murdoch/George W. Abbott socio-economic lies.

No argument there if you mean that you prefer Australian society to the US. So do I, and probably for similar reasons.

If you do mean the US though, can you see any potential for nuance in the fact that this "moronic" country elected (twice) an intellectual, thoughtful black President who's been introducing universal health care ? Is it possible that your demonology in this area is a bit simplistic ?

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:28 am

think positive wrote:
Lucky I moved out a few years back. Shocked
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:47 am

Mugwump wrote:
pietillidie wrote:
Mugwump wrote:

No argument there if you mean that you prefer Australian society to the US. So do I, and probably for similar reasons.

If you do mean the US though, can you see any potential for nuance in the fact that this "moronic" country elected (twice) an intellectual, thoughtful black President who's been introducing universal health care ? Is it possible that your demonology in this area is a bit simplistic ?

As explained in the other thread, if you can call an abstract entity like a country or a giant red dragon or a new world order or a global warming conspiracy "authoritarian", or even anything at all, you can also call it "moronic", especially if it elected George W. Bush twice Wink

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:12 am

Can't argue with the last bit either. The "worst President in Us history" trophy is bolted into a cabinet in Crawford, and I hope it's safe there for a century.... Looks a good bet.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 126, 127, 128  Next
Page 18 of 128   

Jump to: