Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

ISIS

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 119, 120, 121 ... 126, 127, 128  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:15 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually don't believe that's the case if anything, I suspect aggressive atheism only creates more of a siege mentality within religious groups and reduces the chance of secularisation (Russia's post-Soviet embrace of the Orthodox Church seems a case study in the effects of repression). Conversely, I think it's been well established that peace and prosperity are the conditions under which secularisation thrives. Perhaps it's not always so simple, but I do think atheism's best hope lies in tolerant multiculturalism and technological progress.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:23 pm

^^^ How do you explain the USA, then? Peaceful and prosperous for a long period of time - and full of people with pointy heads and fairy-beliefs - so much so that one can't really expect to be taken seriously running for high office unless one professes to believe in the Big Fsiry.
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:35 pm

^ Laughing
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:06 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
Skids wrote:
From Reclaim Australia web page.

A couple of years ago we attended a meeting organised by the Q society, as usual it was a well planned and executed meeting and the main speaker was an ex CIA intelligence officer with 30 years experience , in this meeting she referred to a document found in a secret muslim brotherhood base where it ironed out the steps for an islamic world, it was sectioned off into dates and one date was the event of 9/11 and the other date was a islamic caliphate which we now know as isis, this was down for 2014 and as we know is still in operation, the other date was where it ended as it was called global jihad... this date was 2016, and no one can say this is not happening now, we have seen violence and terrorism on a grand scale and it will just continue as more young muslims are radicalised and used as tools of terror, they are picking on soft targets to bear down the will of the people and in London last night was a typical attack
2016 , remember this global jihad , it will never stop , never end , these people are fanatics and will not have peace , wont accept any religion but their own and the ultimate aim is sharia law worldwide
2016... no peace, global jihad..... remember those words and harden your hearts and fight back , get involved, join a group , political party opposed to islam, educate yourself, educate others, be strong, be brave, fight back !!!!

You don't have to post this ridiculous garbage just because you find it.

I can post whatever I like.... can I not?

What makes me laugh is that the same people that believe the rubbish that's fed to them regarding global warming, discount the, obvious threat to the planet from Islam. How many lives need to be lost before people wake up to this disease?

Amazing to say the least.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:42 am

It's not necessary to regurgitate, holus-bolus, ridiculously illogical things other people put on the internet merely because those things accord with one's own paranoid prejudices.

Otherwise, whilst I accept that some with disordered thought patterns might see a connection between denying climate change on the one hand and oppressing entire peoples on the other, I'm quite content to treat each of those particular perversities as distinct topics.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:50 am

Skids wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
Skids wrote:
From Reclaim Australia web page.

A couple of years ago we attended a meeting organised by the Q society, as usual it was a well planned and executed meeting and the main speaker was an ex CIA intelligence officer with 30 years experience , in this meeting she referred to a document found in a secret muslim brotherhood base where it ironed out the steps for an islamic world, it was sectioned off into dates and one date was the event of 9/11 and the other date was a islamic caliphate which we now know as isis, this was down for 2014 and as we know is still in operation, the other date was where it ended as it was called global jihad... this date was 2016, and no one can say this is not happening now, we have seen violence and terrorism on a grand scale and it will just continue as more young muslims are radicalised and used as tools of terror, they are picking on soft targets to bear down the will of the people and in London last night was a typical attack
2016 , remember this global jihad , it will never stop , never end , these people are fanatics and will not have peace , wont accept any religion but their own and the ultimate aim is sharia law worldwide
2016... no peace, global jihad..... remember those words and harden your hearts and fight back , get involved, join a group , political party opposed to islam, educate yourself, educate others, be strong, be brave, fight back !!!!

You don't have to post this ridiculous garbage just because you find it.

I can post whatever I like.... can I not?

What makes me laugh is that the same people that believe the rubbish that's fed to them regarding global warming, discount the, obvious threat to the planet from Islam. How many lives need to be lost before people wake up to this disease?

Amazing to say the least.

So you're conflating (damn it I used that word) climate change with the radical islam?

Lucky , at least you used "Reclaim Australia" as a reliable source of balanced information. For a minute there I thought you used "Reclaim Australia".

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:00 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
^^^ How do you explain the USA, then? Peaceful and prosperous for a long period of time - and full of people with pointy heads and fairy-beliefs - so much so that one can't really expect to be taken seriously running for high office unless one professes to believe in the Big Fsiry.

It's certainly a glacial process in America extreme nationalism seems to be one of many factors in maintaining high levels of religiosity but religious belief is declining there, too:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/12/26/the-religious-right-is-right-to-be-scared-christianity-is-dying-in-america.html

And while you're right that an atheist candidate would have been electoral poison up until recent times, I suspect that's no longer the case. Bernie Sanders very nearly became a major party nominee without once declaring a belief in a deity (and I'd argue that his atheism was far from a major factor in his loss), while Trump's obvious lack of interest in Christianity may have hurt his reputation amongst the Ted Cruz set but wasn't enough to stop him from winning the nomination. So, for a country that's supposedly held captive by evangelicals, it came very close to a presidential contest between two non-Christians.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:37 pm

^

Put someone like Gillard, an open atheist living with a partner but unmarried in the frame. How do you reckon she'd go?

Julie Bishop? Non religious, divorced, childless with no apparent partner?

Penny Wong would have zero chance.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:28 am

Maybe, but it's all conjecture. I suspect, for instance, that Clinton was scared off choosing a female VP candidate because of fears (expressed by pundits in the week leading up to the announcement and likely shared by DNC leaders) that two women on a ticket would be seen as too radical. Maybe that's right, but maybe it also overestimates the conservatism of voters. At the end of the day, in a two horse race nearly anything can happen; and with the saturation coverage of the presidential campaign over there, voters would get used to the idea pretty quickly.

So, yeah, I wouldn't rule out an American Gillard, Bishop or even openly queer woman of Asian background, at least in theory, because you'll never know if you never try. The trouble is, they'll never try anyone so 'radical' because the people in charge of the US major parties are too conservative and risk averse. Plus, the kind of people who run for president are generally the kind of people with the financial resources to do so, i.e. rich white men.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:35 am

By the way, here's why it's important to avoid posting random stuff you see on Facebook without checking the facts first:

https://newmatilda.com/2016/08/05/patriots-muslim-polish/

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:11 am

ISIS in the west in Melbourne: (Reclaim Australia)

http://www.news.com.au/national/victoria/counter-terror-authorities-carry-out-raids-in-melbournes-northwest/news-story/ca14d8e5142cb565b5be4f7b132cdaf8

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:26 am

The disenfranchised radical right cuts a heroic figure, doesn't it?

We should have expected the police would arrest poor, law-abiding, white people instead of the Real Enemy. It's a conspiracy and the police are part of it. I am now absolutely certain that our governments, at all levels, are working quite deliberately to have every Ordinary Australian killed by terrorists. This arrest proves it.

We must rally, immediately, at 1060 West Addison.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:44 pm

It'll be interesting to see exactly what kind of terror act a right wing anti islamist was planning. Confused
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:08 pm

There IS a conspiracy against the patriot movement. Galea has just told the Magistrates' Court that - but he's still in custody. How can this be?
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 4:46 pm

"...or producing documents or materials that might lead to the causation of harm to members of the Victorian community,

Laughing

That's the line that tells me this is a load of bullshit. Interesting that suddenly news corp reporting is above reproach. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 119, 120, 121 ... 126, 127, 128  Next
Page 120 of 128   

Jump to: