Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The Big Group to run Pies new social club at Westpac Centre

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:54 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Having spent a couple of days at Flemington over the last week reminds me of the fact that it has something to cater for everyone. I was lucky enough to spend Oaks Day in the Peak Dining room doing it in style in a business setting but also spent time in the Bernborough Bar having a beer with other mates.

Clearly we aren't the size of Flemington but there is no reason why the social club can't cater for everyone. ie: an upmarket dining room with a dress code and a public bar type enviro where you can get a frothy at pub prices (actually bowling club prices would be better) a pie or a Parma and go in your thongs if you want. Talk shit, relax and watch training.

I like both, depending on the crowd I'm with.

The Board bangs on about us being the peoples club so it should cater for all.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:43 am

Damien wrote:
Having spent a couple of days at Flemington over the last week reminds me of the fact that it has something to cater for everyone. I was lucky enough to spend Oaks Day in the Peak Dining room doing it in style in a business setting but also spent time in the Bernborough Bar having a beer with other mates.

Clearly we aren't the size of Flemington but there is no reason why the social club can't cater for everyone. ie: an upmarket dining room with a dress code and a public bar type enviro where you can get a frothy at pub prices (actually bowling club prices would be better) a pie or a Parma and go in your thongs if you want. Talk shit, relax and watch training.

That would be good.

Though I have an image of a sign for the great unwashed who can't read, a pic of someone in thongs, shorts, grotty of course, a Guernsey, scraggly hair, tatts and an arrow to the right, (or maybe that left, I can never remember which political party is which)!

Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:41 pm

They going to fill it with pokies?
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:51 pm

think positive wrote:
Damien wrote:

That would be good.

Though I have an image of a sign for the great unwashed who can't read, a pic of someone in thongs, shorts, grotty of course, a Guernsey, scraggly hair, tatts and an arrow to the right, (or maybe that left, I can never remember which political party is which)!

I think i got carded for using the great unwashed term, maybe it was lollipop.

But on topic i completely agree with Burgo, its been a long wait and whilst I enjoy the beer garden, it would be great to have a public/sports bar type arrangement which has reasonable prices where we can go to watch sport and enjoy some Daics memorabilia.

The Peter Daicos Bar Smile
With $10 parmas for lunch and $15 for dinner.

1 rule - no opposition colours.
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:12 pm

CarringbushCigar wrote:
think positive wrote:
Damien wrote:

That would be good.

But on topic i completely agree with Burgo, its been a long wait and whilst I enjoy the beer garden, it would be great to have a public/sports bar type arrangement which has reasonable prices where we can go to watch sport and enjoy some Daics memorabilia.

Pretty sure we had the Peter Daicos Bar and the Tony Shaw Bar back at Vic Park Social Club. Maybe the old neon signs are stored somewhere and we can revitalise them.

I think I may well have had a beer with you in the Bernborough Bar at Flemington at some stage Ewey.

CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:09 pm

yes mate - love the energy there - its close to the betting ring and the exit in case the plunge in the get out stakes doesn't come off

Damm we should have got that sign on loan, and stuck it up at Chelsworth
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:56 pm

CarringbushCigar wrote:
think positive wrote:
Damien wrote:

That would be good.

Sounds perfect, but can I get the Parma without the sauce please?

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:12 pm

Yep plenty of Parmas for Balmey, hes gonna need em now !!

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:13 pm

Right now? Ugh. What if it didn't happen?
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:19 pm

think positive wrote:
CarringbushCigar wrote:

Sounds perfect, but can I get the Parma without the sauce please?

Sorry mate our Italian Michelin Starred Chef don't speak a da english and he is handy with a knife.

I think it's Licca's poppa, very proud of his sauce.
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:39 pm

We've waited a long time for this Social Club so let's just wait a bit longer before sinking the boots in shall we? I suspect that since it's a three level building there will be various venues within it. A pre-match cafe and dining room would seem to be the minimum requirement. On non match days the cafe would need to operate as the current one does. A terrace BBQ area would be great too. Currently the Westpac Centre cafe offers good quality and reasonable prices. On training days I've had plenty of decent brekkies there and the coffee is fine. The food compares to my favourite little cafe in Alphington so if the Social Club can offer something similar on week days I'll be happy.

Let's not forget that the Vic Park Social Club was as dead as a door nail most days and nights except for the Pokies people. What a depressing place it was in its final years. These places need to provide services that don't run at a loss. Even the current small cafe is a million times better than anything Vic Park could offer up. I'm confident this will be a great place that caters for all of us.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:45 pm

Neil Appleby wrote:

Let's not forget that the Vic Park Social Club was as dead as a door nail most days and nights except for the Pokies people. What a depressing place it was in its final years. These places need to provide services that don't run at a loss. Even the current small cafe is a million times better than anything Vic Park could offer up. I'm confident this will be a great place that caters for all of us.

Lets not forget that Vic Park was allowed to run down by the current admin who did nothing to spruce it or ever spruike it like they do Olympic Park.
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:57 pm
Post subject: YesReply with quote

1061 wrote:
Neil Appleby wrote:

Lets not forget that Vic Park was allowed to run down by the current admin who did nothing to spruce it or ever spruike it like they do Olympic Park.

Yes well said Hal. They hated Victoria Park and we loved it. The old Social Club was treated like an ageing old prostitute. How sad! The Pokies were a foul infestation. The Social Club should have only been opened on match days and weekends as well as the very successful Friday night disco. We loved that. Bring it back and watch the crowds return.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:59 pm

Is that a command?
i hate carlton 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:46 pm

A good indicator of WHO the 'Social Club' is aimed at will be the pies. Will they be appalling Mrs MSG's or even worse, some gourmet variety, or will they be 4'n'20's ? Secondly - the price they charge for said pie.

He's kicking pineapples!

My favourite nicks thread (Laugh at Carlscum): http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=66021&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8   

Jump to: