Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The Big Group to run Pies new social club at Westpac Centre

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:13 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Collingwood 4 eternity wrote:
Looks like the new Collingwood social club @ Westpac Centre is going to be called "Glasshouse"

Quote:

Glasshouse

Centrally located near Melbourne’s iconic Botanical Gardens and the City, The Big Group will launch another contemporary and sophisticated event space late 2015 – Glasshouse.

The venue will be able cater for 500 sit-down and 1000 stand-up.

http://www.thebiggroup.com.au/the-venues/exclusive-venues/

And not a Collingwood FC to be seen.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:35 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Is she from Frankston or Moe with a first name like that?

More like Toorak or Brighton.

Cakewalk 

For a minute there I lost myself , I lost myself

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:57 pm

The problem that may occur if you try to attract the corporate market is that there's a lack of appeal due to it being an upmarket bar in a football club and the rank and file members don't warm to an upmarket venue, instead of a more traditional down to earth social club.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:03 pm

Cakewalk wrote:
The problem that may occur if you try to attract the corporate market is that there's a lack of appeal due to it being an upmarket bar in a football club and the rank and file members don't warm to an upmarket venue, instead of a more traditional down to earth social club.

they may have a dress code that stops the pre or post game fans anyway!!

seriously, who wants to buy overpriced drinks in that kinda place after a game??

Collingwood 4 eternity 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:04 pm

Will be interesting if in 2016 someone wants to book it for a function eg wedding reception , bah mitzvah , or birthday party , they wouldn't be able to take a booking on a day that Collingwood plays at the G , so it would have to be available for the club to have an after match function for fans coming from the G or even Etihad or when the club is playing interstate and the club want to put a fans function on , until the next seasons footy draw is released.
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:41 pm

Will be interesting if in 2016 someone wants to book it for a function eg wedding reception , bah mitzvah , or birthday party , they wouldn't be able to take a booking on a day that Collingwood plays at the G , so it would have to be available for the club to have an after match function for fans coming from the G or even Etihad or when the club is playing interstate and the club want to put a fans function on , until the next seasons footy draw is released.

I would suggest that the area comprises of more than one room. From my understanding there is going to be a cafe and light meals area as part of the facility as well as conference rooms and the social club. The club have not been all that transparent in this area and as such invites speculation.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:02 pm

Member 7167 wrote:

I would suggest that the area comprises of more than one room. From my understanding there is going to be a cafe and light meals area as part of the facility as well as conference rooms and the social club. The club have not been all that transparent in this area and as such invites speculation.

from late last year:

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/collingwood-football-club-seeking-liquor-licence-for-governmentbacked-community-centre-20131228-300v3.html

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:02 pm

think positive wrote:
http://www.babynamespedia.com/meaning/Chyka

It's a Japanese name, not an Aussie bogan name.

Nah, cashed up Bogan Wink Razz

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:09 pm

swoop42 wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

Upper Middle Bogan.

The house prices have declined, the neighbourhood just isn't the same anymore, why even James & Tanya had to shift houses. My word, ever since the nouveaux riche shifted it it hasn't been the same. Why, all these vulgar football people.

Join me for a nice cup of tea Cynthia?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:21 pm

It's pronounced Bouquet!
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:37 pm
Post subject: HmmmmmmReply with quote

I think this decision is typical of the hated of Victoria Park. Our Club is not working class anymore. Bit like modern ALP I guess. Yuppies who can't get a gig in the silver spoon Liberals, yet crave power and influence to feed their ego. Lets go to the new Social Club. Get behind it with drunken cheering and a few punch ups over team selections like the good old days.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:17 pm
Post subject: Re: HmmmmmmReply with quote

Hiss wrote:
I think this decision is typical of the hated of Victoria Park. Our Club is not working class anymore. Bit like modern ALP I guess. Yuppies who can't get a gig in the silver spoon Liberals, yet crave power and influence to feed their ego. Lets go to the new Social Club. Get behind it with drunken cheering and a few punch ups over team selections like the good old days.

Not a bad idea!

Bruce Gonsalves Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:24 pm

swoop42 wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

Not sure about her, but her hubby Bruce was from East Bentleigh.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:04 pm

Bruce Gonsalves wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

Not sure about her, but her hubby Bruce was from East Bentleigh.

We moved, against my wishes, to Bentleigh in the south east, the dullest suburb in Melbourne. I frequented what was known as a ‘penny library’ where you paid for each book you borrowed. Wink

From Peter Corris on a life time in Libraries:

http://newtownreviewofbooks.com.au/2012/08/10/the-godfather-peter-corris-on-a-lifetime-in-libraries/

Apologies to the Nicksters from Bentleigh: Member & Gloveman Gayfer!! Mind you that was in the 50's / 60's.

punkologist Aries

Barwick goals, the pies are home!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:16 pm

Looks like the new Collingwood social club @ Westpac Centre is going to be called "Glasshouse"

Quote:

Glasshouse

Centrally located near Melbourne’s iconic Botanical Gardens and the City, The Big Group will launch another contemporary and sophisticated event space late 2015 – Glasshouse.

The venue will be able cater for 500 sit-down and 1000 stand-up.

http://www.thebiggroup.com.au/the-venues/exclusive-venues/

Doesn't sound like a social club to me at all, sounds like a wedding reception venue. Just Like Westpac Centre, I won't be going there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8   

Jump to: