Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Renters ignored by politicians/treated as second class

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:07 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Brenny wrote:
My parents are renting a place in Albert Park at the moment. They are doing a direct lease as it works out cheaper for the folks and the landlord gets the same amount as they would have got through the agent.

They have been doing that for 12 months so far and it's worked out very good, for both parties.

Dad has done some work to the place, like painting and always keeps the garden neat and tidy and the place is always tidy and clean.

I plan on buying my first place later this year (provided I get to the 20% deposit by mid year - which so far is on track Very HappyVery Happy) and I know a few people who will gladly rent from me - my sister and her partner.

I've already said it will be through a private lease (I'd have to look into how I can set it up properly) as it works out better for me and cheaper for them.

I live at home with the brother whilst he's doing his apprenticeship. I don't mind as it's 'cheap' for me rent wise, but I don't mind dropping some cash into him from time to time to make sure he's all good.

I think there are some great deals out there, like what my parents got, but they're very hard to come by and there are not many of them.

Good planning. Make sure you get landlords insurance. We had a private lease on our first rental property about 20 years ago. She was related to my husbands sister. Worked great until she got close to buying her own place and started paying late, less, and had to be hassled. Never deal with relatives, or friends when money is concerned. I've had a couple of bad tenants, the damage they can do in a short space of time is scary. I've also had some great tenants. Once we sell our old house, we will only have one little place. The woman is single, 2 kids and keeps it like its her own. I resist putting up the rent, she has my number, I fix things straight away, and give her a voucher for Christmas.

Great deal for her, because she deserves it. The guy in my old house, well I won't tell you what I'd like to do to him!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: