Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Bucks and Hine overrated list in trade period

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:20 am
Post subject: Bucks and Hine overrated list in trade periodReply with quote

We brought in Treloar and Aish that cost us 2 1st Rounders and 2 2nd Rounders.

Treloar looks a Gun and Aish keeps getting Bet

But

They where more Cream on Top and not part if a Re-Build.

You think it Might of better to keep those Picks to get more Gun Kids In.

I am not saying what did was wrong but Something to think about

As I don't know what the Right Answer and we won't know the real answer for sometime

Stinger 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:56 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you know what you are getting already with those two selections. Nothing wrong with what we gave up there. It's the other selections that are yet to play out and show whether or not they were a thumbs up or thumbs down.
neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:03 am

DTM
Treloar and Aish are guns
You think we should not have recruited them
Instead we should have picked some gun kids

Can you see the contradiction?

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:13 am

Yeah I remember one passage of play involving DeGoey, Treloar, Moore, and marvelling at the skills, and thinking, thank god that's our future. And then, shit I hope we get someone in who respects those skills and doesn't trash them. That's sad and disappointing. We have a real good core list IMO, and the class of Varcoe and Sidey, and Pendles, but not as captain, to lead them through example and experience. Adams reminds me of Maxy, not the greatest player out there, but pure heart and effort. Is he ready yet? Maybe not, give Varcoe a crack at it.
Bucks2014 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:24 am

When everyone is playing well they all look stars because they do their part. Treloar is a star, Aish is improving with every game. He was injured majority of last year, so really he has played one full year of football.

The one that really gets me is the criticism of Pendles, other than the 2 horrible decisions of hand balling to Grundy in the centre clearances he was very good yesterday and no keyboard warrior will tell me different.

We are playing poor but seriously all of a sudden Pendles is now a poor captain and a hack. Rubbish he is a star and a born leader in a very poor football side.

Sorry the Pendles part should be in one of the other 30 threads about him. Calling him soft etc, did no one see him getting crunched by Gawn in a marking contest? Or see him win majority of our clearances?

Getting off the track again sorry Dave. Just pisses me off that one of the greatest to ever where the black and white is treated like crap.

In short I'm happy with the 2 players ie Treloar and Aish.

WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:00 am

Have no issues with us getting treloar and aish, they were available and you do what you can to get the best available at the time. Sure we gave up a lot but we will reap the rewards from them. They'll be 10+ year players, and great players at that.

We haven't seen what the other recruits have got, they're still developing in the twos. But the way things are going, we may well see them sooner than we think.

I think the criticism 're pendles is about his on field leadership rather than the way he plays the game. Some people want a hard arse mofo who takes no prisoners laying down the law. I don't think pendles is that person. He's a champion player who leads by the way he plays, that's it. He doesn't pull players into line.
derkd 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:06 am

Dave with all due respect, to attack one trade period is to miss the grander picture. As it stands the issue is one of whole team effort and i would argue the fact that we have players who just don't offer enough. Our structure coming out of the back line is woeful stagnant and standstill to the point where you notice that the player kicking out is force just to bomb it out more in hope.

I feel the issue affecting us the most is the missed tackles. too often opposition players slice though with little more then a few brushed aside hands.

I actually feel ANZAC day will be a good match. But if the Bombers play as well as they did against the Cats they will beat us. We have to play four quarters or we will lose simple as that.

Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:30 am

One of the problems with our list is a lack of an effective key forward. Cloke seems past it and Moore isn't there yet.

Last edited by Dangles on Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:30 am; edited 1 time in total
MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:25 am

But we traded in Jesse White to cover that Very Happy
MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:38 am

I am very frustrated with our performances so far this year, but I think our list build is good.

From here, development will be the key and, as I have been posting for some time, I think we need a lot of these younger guys to play together in the VFL for a while and preferably in a winning and premiership team in the VFL. I would much rather VFL guys had to put in a block of good games before being considered for promotion. Right now, if they play a decent half they are a chance.

Unfortunately, injuries and, to a lesser extent, form mean some of these guys are going to be pushed up to AFL before they are truly ready. That might be more beneficial longer term but means we might struggle for consistent quality performance in the short term.

The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:11 pm

How did Hine or Buckley overrate the list? We've traded in players for the future, we're looking for the future. While finals now would be great, and winning flags is the main goal of every team at the start of the season realistically it ain't happening.

There's nothing wrong with Aish, the season has only just begun and he's starting to get into the groove. Have some damn patience.

People on this forum were on Ben Reid's back after he played 4 games, claimed he was a dud, claimed this and that now look at his career minus his struggles with injuries.

Calm down.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:21 pm

I was expecting us to make the eight provided we weren't crippled by injury again. But it seems like our older players are deteriorating faster than our youngsters are developing, so progress might stall while we wait for the youngsters to come into their prime.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:39 pm

The treloar and aish deals are interesting.
2 top 10 picks and maybe low ones at that is a very high price to pay for anyone.
Treloar is no Dangerfield, Watson, Judd, etc...
No doubt he is an excellent player but is he or will he be a champion.?????
Same with Aish he looks a little slow to me.
Early days yet but the question is did we pay overs????
It will take a while to find out but I am not bullish on this one.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:59 pm

I think Treloar will be an absolute star, but I am yet to be convinced about Aish.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:19 pm

Big unit Yankee Cox, step on up !

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: