Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

not paying membership?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:06 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Member 7167 wrote:
Frankie, being a fan is all very nice but it does not pay the bills and in many cases it is lip service, and nothing more. I must admit I find that many of those that complain the most and show little understanding of what it takes to be a winner come from this group.

Oh please do share your understanding of what it takes to be a winner.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:18 pm

Member 7167 wrote:
Frankie, being a fan is all very nice but it does not pay the bills and in many cases it is lip service, and nothing more. I must admit I find that many of those that complain the most and show little understanding of what it takes to be a winner come from this group.

They are called fans for a reason. Fans move around a copious amounts of hot air and make a bit of noise but little is achieved.

To be a supporter you need to give tangible support (go to games, buy a membership or support the club by buying merchandise) within the individuals means. Unfortunately in the real world the club can buy very little with lip service.

As I said earlier, If we were all just fan the club and the league would cease to exist.

hmm, thanks for the new comeback. I can now add to " are you a paid up member?" with " are so you just move around copious amounts of hot air, and make a lott of noise, but really, achieve nothing!" the next time some feral from another club is giving me shit.

that's the thing I can never understand

fans and even supporters of any other club, they are so feral! Shocked

Adz 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:32 pm

If I downgrade my legends to social club will my level 2 seat be forfeited
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:17 pm

I don't bother buying a membership, I work most weekends and live in rural Victoria and have young kids, that and the club seems to be doing fine financially, I also get a GF seat for free if/when we make it as my father in law is an old MCC member, he still needs to go in a ballot but he hasn't missed out on GF tickets during the 16 years I've known him.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:44 pm

Adz wrote:

I down graded to captains and we kept our level 1 seats, not sure about level 2, email the club.

(Is there still a social club with reserved seat membership?)

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:35 am

think positive wrote:
Adz wrote:

I down graded to captains and we kept our level 1 seats, not sure about level 2, email the club.

That's the Legends membership TP.
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:32 am

RudeBoy wrote:
think positive wrote:
Adz wrote:

There are various ways to do it. Some are social club members with a booked seat. Others are AFL members with booked seats in our area.

As far as level 2 is concerned they have gone in the direction of making it a Legends members area only. If you drop your Legends membership and do not have a reserved seat, your seats will be reallocated. If you book seats they may be allowed to maintain your seat in level two but they could allocate you to level 1 or 3. Talking to them in advance would be a good tactic.

They are now charging extra for level two. There is a waiting list for level 2 and you pay to go on the waiting list.

I am on level 1 and we were asked last year by the club if we wanted to move to level two. I said no thanks as I sit with my family (all Legends) and my brother/sister in laws group of 4 who are Captains.

I personally think it is wrong that they charge extra for level 2. Just exploitation based upon demand.
Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:17 pm

Member 7167 wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
think positive wrote:
Adz wrote:

There are various ways to do it. Some are social club members with a booked seat. Others are AFL members with booked seats in our area.

As far as level 2 is concerned they have gone in the direction of making it a Legends members area only. If you drop your Legends membership and do not have a reserved seat, your seats will be reallocated. If you book seats they may be allowed to maintain your seat in level two but they could allocate you to level 1 or 3. Talking to them in advance would be a good tactic.

They are now charging extra for level two. There is a waiting list for level 2 and you pay to go on the waiting list.

I am on level 1 and we were asked last year by the club if we wanted to move to level two. I said no thanks as I sit with my family (all Legends) and my brother/sister in laws group of 4 who are Captains.

I personally think it is wrong that they charge extra for level 2. Just exploitation based upon demand.

is this a new thing? I've been level 2 legends since the Ponsford opened (season 2004?). I don't believe that my Legends membership price would be any different to yours. $899

punkologist Aries

Barwick goals, the pies are home!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:24 pm

mudlark wrote:
Proud Pies wrote:
mine's paid in full and i can't wait

After cracknig the shits and saying I'm not renewing,So is mine Cool

this
Robbie 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:23 am
Post subject: All of us and one extra for 2015Reply with quote

I along with my family and a new member of our family, are paid up and looking forward to the 2015 season and the Mighty Magpies. Remember " They Hate Us Cause They Aint Us" and we all need to show them Collingwood really is Side By Side with the Largest Membership of any club in Australia.

If you don't believe your membership counts then it maybe your membership is lost but you are the loser because Collingwood Members stand Side by Side and we don't weaken.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:30 am

Proud Pies wrote:
Member 7167 wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
think positive wrote:
Adz wrote:

is this a new thing? I've been level 2 legends since the Ponsford opened (season 2004?). I don't believe that my Legends membership price would be any different to yours. $899

Yes they brought it in this year. Standard legends is $864. And legends level 2 is sold out. You even pay to go on the waiting list!

I dropped to captains at $595 for me and $415 for junior (uni student concession) saves me about $500, I'm in the ballot for the GF, if we happen to get there and miss out in the ballot, I'll buy corporate seats! Lining up the odds, it's a good deal! I kept my level 1 mcg seat, and I'm happy with the seats, just waiting on Etihad seats, as we were mcg legends, full was sold out last year.

Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:14 am

Well, they never advised us that we'd be paying more.... I wouldn't give up my seats, but we should have been advised
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:50 pm

Proud Pies wrote:
Well, they never advised us that we'd be paying more.... I wouldn't give up my seats, but we should have been advised

Check with the club. The extra charge may be restricted to new members or those upgrading ??? To level 2
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:56 pm

Member 7167 wrote:
Proud Pies wrote:

Check with the club. The extra charge may be restricted to new members or those upgrading ??? To level 2

Nope got an email telling us that legends level 1 and 2 price would remain the same, and legends level 2 would be going up

Got the email ages ago about start of October

cobood Aquarius

In Bucks I trust!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:57 am

Legends m/ship paid in full.... Go Pies 2015!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8   

Jump to: