Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

not paying membership?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:59 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Just worked 20 hours overtime this week so I'll be buying my home & away membership despite the fact I can usually only get to about 10 games or so. Payday tomorrow & I'll be parting with the hard earned tomorrow for a renewal.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:59 pm

Member 7167 wrote:
CarringbushCigar wrote:
Oh really?

Yeah im sure it has nothing to do with the performance of the side.

The schedule has been fixed has it not?

Yeah, they were confused. It was all about on field performance and the scheduling had not to do with it. I am sure you have a better understating of their reasoning than they do. They must also be confused about where they live and how long it takes them to get from the MCG to their home.

Wake up to yourself. You are speculating on the motivation people that you do not know and probably have never set eyes on..

It is all about getting enjoyment and value out of their investment into their membership. There is little return if they do not attend.

By the way their family have still maintained two Captains Membership to share.

I totally understand where your brother and sister in-law are coming from because poor scheduling, affordability, distance and just growing disillusionment of the game can cause people to jump off from attending matches. It's disappointing to see loyal members like them drop off because of poor scheduling and frankly this year's scheduling was some of the worst I've ever seen.

Sure the AFL is trying to rectify by saying 2015 is the 'year of the fan' with much more family-friendly fixtures and activities but when people drop off it's very hard to convince them to come back. I don't think one bad year of scheduling can cause people to drop off but I think many years of disillusionment on this matter can though. Also the AFL shouldn't declare 2015 the 'year of the fan' because every year should be catered to the supporters who help the AFL and TV networks generate revenue in the first place.

I must admit scheduling looks drastically better next year after a decline in crowd numbers in Victoria this year so hopefully it lives up to expectation next year.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:38 pm

Member 7167 wrote:
think positive wrote:
CarringbushCigar wrote:
Oh really?

Yeah im sure it has nothing to do with the performance of the side.

The schedule has been fixed has it not?

yeah im with you, I know a few saying the same thing!!

the prickles will be back hopefully by mid season!!

hey, you gotta think positive!! Wink

They are done TP. They will be putting the money saved into holidays.

It's a cycle thing to though. I went to every game for about 4 years as a teenager, including the commodore cup. Then I started riding horses, stopped for a while, then when the kids were young, stopped again, now I go with one daughter. When she decided it's not cool hanging out with mum, or has friends to go with, I'll probably call it quits rather than attend every game alone. Cheers

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:30 am

Beast wrote:
Was going to renew even after all the shit that went on this year but getting Varcoe was the last drop for me.

have you renewed since?

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:55 pm

Haha wow. I forgot the then-vocal 'Varcoe sucks' contingent. Thankfully he made them look pretty stupid pretty quickly.
King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:51 pm

^Nobody saying don't recruit Varcoe at the time looks stupid now at all (well, not for the Varcoe reason anyway...).
He was crap at Geelong, and has played all of about a dozen pretty good games for us so far.

Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8   

Jump to: