Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Julie Bishop 'owns' the press club.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:42 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

stui magpie wrote:
I reckon she beats Gillard on just about every measure

Bwahhhh - those jingling tits have obviously hypnotised you and turned your brain to mushy mushy mush!

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:16 pm

Quote:
Julie Bishop named Harper's Bazaar's 'Woman of the Year'

After proving herself as a strong presence on the world stage following the MH17 tragedy, Foreign Affairs Minister Julie Bishop has earned the Harper's Bazaar's Woman of the Year award.
In an interview with the women's magazine Ms Bishop reflects on her role as a female leader in a male-dominated cabinet, while sticking by her controversial insistence she is not a feminist.
"Stop whingeing, get on with it and prove them all wrong," she told the magazine, in a veiled criticism of former prime minister Julia Gillard's promise to "call out misogyny".

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/julie-bishop-named-harpers-bazaars-woman-of-the-year-20141108-11j46w.html#ixzz3IYbxmp8h

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:20 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Quote:

After proving herself as a strong presence on the world stage following the MH17 tragedy, Foreign Affairs Minister Julie Bishop has earned the Harper's Bazaar's Woman of the Year award.
In an interview with the women's magazine Ms Bishop reflects on her role as a female leader in a male-dominated cabinet, while sticking by her controversial insistence she is not a feminist.
"Stop whingeing, get on with it and prove them all wrong," she told the magazine, in a veiled criticism of former prime minister Julia Gillard's promise to "call out misogyny".

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/julie-bishop-named-harpers-bazaars-woman-of-the-year-20141108-11j46w.html#ixzz3IYbxmp8h

This was my favourite quote:

"The article is sprinkled with praise from various political and public figures, including mining magnate Gina Rinehart and Attorney-General George Brandis, who describes Ms Bishop as "the complete political product: someone who has mastered her portfolio, who's proven she can be among the best".

Now that's what you call a truly ringing global endorsement! Laughing

(On a serious note, this sort of trivial nonsense is obviously part of a strategic public relations campaign using Julie Bishop to offset the repulsion women feel towards Abbott, something already identified as the biggest threat to the under-taxed elite. But they will just as readily throw her under a bus to preserve their political agenda if it suits).

I wonder if she ranks being honoured by the local Australian version of a wankerish high society fashion magazine as a bigger achievement than cutting 4.5B of foreign aid to impoverished humans including Muslim school girls on the eve of an election? Whoops, I guess the Conservative Nutters & Partners PR campaign team left that out!

Next, on behalf of the under-taxed of the nation, Rupert Murdoch will give her a Herald Sun Skippy Badge! FYI, some of the other profound content in Harper's Bazaar (no, this is not satire; it's a fair representation of the content):
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:22 pm

Quote:

BWAH!

They seriously chopped down trees to print that shite Shocked

Not sure I would take too much notice of an article in a rag that boasts such insightful and important articles as...

HOW TO HIDE YOUR ROOTS BETWEEN SALON VISITS Shocked

Woman buy and read this shite really??????

And anyway she can't be PM cause......

She ain't married

She is childless - one may say " barren"

And she is scarily reminiscent of Lady Penelope from the Thunderbirds!

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:33 pm

^Onward and upward, women of the world!

It's the all new modern woman triple shift: That's right, now you too can spend an additional 23 hours a week making yourself feel attractive enough to gain the male approval necessary to succeedon top of your underpaid, unstable employment and your entirely unaccounted for home responsibilities!

Just think: It all started with big dreams somewhere back in the 1960s! Viva la revolution!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:22 am

I quite like that kaftan but I'm not really a pattern person.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:29 am

I'm going to eat your children!
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:58 pm

Shaun Micaleff on Bishop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fh9xZ1G9jA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dq1o-isGHw4

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:54 pm

You're all misogynist.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:26 pm

Wokko wrote:
You're all misogynist.

So says Nicks's resident salt shaker's representative. Rolling Eyes

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:06 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Wokko wrote:
You're all misogynist.

I'm an atheist, not sure what Christian morality has to do with leftists who hate conservative women.

Carry on Comrade. Not a bad name for a film starring WPT as the Sid James. Laughing
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:59 pm

Wokko wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
Wokko wrote:
You're all misogynist.

I'm an atheist, not sure what Christian morality has to do with leftists who hate conservative women.

Carry on Comrade. Not a bad name for a film starring WPT as the Sid James. Laughing

The chip on your shoulder regarding strong assertive women borrows largely from the saltshakers attitudes.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:11 pm

Morrigu wrote:
Quote:

BWAH!

They seriously chopped down trees to print that shite Shocked

Not sure I would take too much notice of an article in a rag that boasts such insightful and important articles as...

HOW TO HIDE YOUR ROOTS BETWEEN SALON VISITS Shocked

Woman buy and read this shite really??????

And anyway she can't be PM cause......

She ain't married

She is childless - one may say " barren"

And she is scarily reminiscent of Lady Penelope from the Thunderbirds!

Yep.

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:47 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Wokko wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
Wokko wrote:
You're all misogynist.

The chip on your shoulder regarding strong assertive women borrows largely from the saltshakers attitudes.

Damn you speak utter shit sometimes. Not even dignifying this with a reply.
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:54 am

I'd be keen for an itemised list of what went with the 4.5B of foreign aid cuts (particularly involving moderate Muslim communities), and what she's doing about the dangerously inflamed relations with our most important neighbour, Indonesia. The question is not whether that relationship has quietened down for now, but whether under random unfavourable conditions when it flares up again what she has put in place to manage it.

Then, I'd like to know where the boat people who were towed away are today, or whether like a cowardly Pontius Pilate she's going to wash her hands of them like her sickly party. And then, I want to know whether Australia would honour the Refugee Convention should there be a massive catastrophe or people movement in the region, or if she would turn a blind eye for political gain like many in the years preceding the signing of the Refugee Convention did.

Thereafter, I would like an explanation as to why she shopped refugees around to poor nations like nuclear refuse, wasting national goodwill by horrifically trying to pay Cambodia's notoriously corrupt officials to take them, shaming and embarrassing all concerned.

If she's a more mature human being than Gillardas she has so loudly and publically proclaimedthen when is she going to reverse the disgraceful offshore towing and dumping of refugees that Gillard, like other insipid ALP types before her, all but pathetically acquiesced to? That's the only human test that can justify Bishop's grandiose claims. C'mon, Julie; you're either a better person than Gillard, as you claim, or you're just better at fraternising with and fawning over billionaires, getting all of the free PR coverage that corruptly earns you.

Once those topics are dealt with, I would like to know what she and her ministry are doing to tackle the now critical issue of Australia's declining revenue base. Australia, like much of the world, urgently needs international efforts to stop global parasites from extracting wealth and revenues without paying due taxes. Or, is she in fact spending most of her time facilitating quite the opposite through divisive, Machiavellian bilateral agreements that help elite wealth pay less tax?

Is she going to make her billionaire buddies pay their dues, or is she going to let Abbott and his cronies force poor and vulnerable children to suffer declining access at home and abroad to make up the lost revenue instead?

Beyond that, I would like to know what she is doing to give Australia independent manoeuvering room should the US elect a fruit bat who does something as idiotic in the Asian region as that nation regularly does in other regions.

Come on, FIGJAM Julie, get to work and show us why you rate yourself so highly.

Thus far, all I see is a performing one-woman public relations campaign sponsored by Australia's vulgar billionaire class, donating the powers and responsibilities of her office to the equivalent of riding around in a clown suit on a unicycle tooting a horn to divert attention away from creepy 1950s R.E. instructor, Tony Abbott.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4   

Jump to: