Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Poor old Bob Rush

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:27 am
Post subject: Poor old Bob RushReply with quote

the afl is about to retract the attribution of rush coaching the 1930 grand final.

i think it may have been mentioned in another post, mchale only coached 713 games but was credited with the coaching the 1930 grand final as wel making it 714 games.

listening to col hutchison on sen it sounds farcical what the afl are about to do.

regan is true fullback 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:40 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this why Jock Mchale is only credited with 7 premierships rather than 8 in the coaches table in the Age?

Quote:
Veteran coach Rodney Eade a real chance to finally land elusive flag with Gold Coast Suns

Date
October 28, 2014 - 4:33PM

Rohan Connolly

Surely even if Jock was incapacitated on the day, he coached the team for the entire year and the historic record should credit 1930 for both men, like a joint Brownlow
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:45 am

Yes I think this is why Jock Mchale is credited with 7 premierships rather than 8 in the coaches table in the Age, but I'm not completely sure.
i hate carlton 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:56 am

Yet more anti-collingwood rubbish.

He's kicking pineapples!

My favourite nicks thread (Laugh at Carlscum): http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=66021&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:59 pm

I am yet to see a balanced approach from the AFL since Gil (the peoples game) took the reins. Actions speak louder than words and I am still awaiting the first change in direction. So far it has been more of the same.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:31 pm

Member 7167 wrote:
I am yet to see a balanced approach from the AFL since Gil (the peoples game) took the reins. Actions speak louder than words and I am still awaiting the first change in direction. So far it has been more of the same.

what are you wanting to see?

some things will not become apparent until we rock up to our first home game next year. the opening up of nab challenge games to club members is a start. so too, some aspects of the 2015 fixture which is being selectively leaked in the lead up to tomorrow's release.

35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:59 pm

Actually a lot will become apparent when the 'draw' is released. We'd better get a draw befitting 11th place. We already know the fixture for 5 or 6 games, we know we'll get Carlton twice and Essendon twice ,plus Brizzo first and Melbourne on the old girl's b'day.
We'll also get some of the best sides in the first half dozen and the last couple, & its highly unlikely we'll play StKilda, Melbourne or Footscray twice. I wouldn’t mind a few quid on getting North twice and Richmond twice, the other might be Brisbane. If not it will be sides who are expected to improve greatly, maybe GWS or Wet Toast.

The McHale/Rush thing is quite similar to what happened with Clarkson/Bolton in 2014, if Clarkson had been unable to do the job on Grand Final day should the flag be credited to Him, or Bolton?
The obvious answer is both, but what if there's only room for one name on the mahogany? For me its McHale/Clarkson, besides Bob did get a grandstand, where's the Jock McHale stand?

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
Redlight 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:46 pm
Post subject: Re: Poor old Bob RushReply with quote

John Wren wrote:
the afl is about to retract the attribution of rush coaching the 1930 grand final.

i think it may have been mentioned in another post, mchale only coached 713 games but was credited with the coaching the 1930 grand final as wel making it 714 games.

listening to col hutchison on sen it sounds farcical what the afl are about to do.

Is this all because they've promised Malthouse that 'pick a team' celebration in round 5? Maybe it should've been round 4 and they're just covering up a monumental stuff-up?
HAL 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:49 pm

Then again, it may not.
mattys123 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:40 pm

KB is on board.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-premiership/kevin-bartlett-accuses-afl-of-historical-lie-over-jock-mchales-coaching-games-record/story-e6frf3e3-1227106427528?from=public_rss&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

If ever Eddie had to really speak up about an issue that effects a great of our club, it's right here.

Bob Rush was given a medallion as the winning coach for (mates with) sake.
HAL 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:42 pm

I know a lot of Bobs.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:14 pm

It seems a pretty open-and-shut case to me. If you play every game for the year but miss out on the grand final, you don't get a premiership medallion. Why would it be any different for a coach?
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:19 pm

What a pile of horseshit. Rush coached 1 game, and from what I just read was instrumental in getting the win.

Suck shit Malthouse, you break the record in front of 2000 in New Zealand.
Didaksgoal Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:06 pm

So lovely that the AFL can change history because they shagged/fact up.....again! As the 2015 draw is done, they've had to scramble and alter and fact up, again.........I'm prepared to give Gil a chance, but this is strike one, Son.

I hope KB on SEN continues to talk this up to death like he has been. Jock didn't coach that particular game, therefore it should not be counted......Everyone knows it.....and no altering of history will change it..Ha Ha Ha HA HA Ha HA Ha HA Ha Ha HA Ha HA Ha!!!!!!!!!

Mark Stevens will be rubbing his hands together................can't wait for that press conference. Malty might even throw his shoe at him!!!!

GO THE PIES!!
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:59 am

I guess the AFL have really dug their own grave here by allowing such sentiment in the first place. MM should have just broken the record against whichever random team Carlton was playing that week. It would have been a big enough event in its own right. Now I can only presume that they'd have to change the whole fixture if they were to admit that they'd stuffed up (which obviously they won't).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: