Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Be daring Collingwood. Do this!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
axl13 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:46 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would we want a guy who is addicted to the old coke .
Didaksgoal Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:00 pm

Defender wrote:
Needs to be someone with different coaching lines, no use picking your own brain if ya get my drift.

Enter John Worsfold or Gary Ayres.

Yep, solid options for sure. Put these names on the short list, Ed. I hated Worsfold as a player, but he'd certainly be a very good candidate for the job.

Go the Pies!
Az 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:37 pm

Bomber is and still wants to be a coach. We are after a director of football. Even if he decided to join us in the role, how many seasons before another coaching job opens up and Bomber is poached just like Rocket? We need to find a man who is absolutely 100% committed to being the director of football at Collingwood, not a coach who still has the fire in the belly. Now if there was a senior assistant or senior coaching slot opening up at the Pies, that's when you would inquire about his availability.
skaman Taurus

One step beyond.......

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:49 pm

Az wrote:
^ Apparently so did Rocket before he joined up. Agree that this person needs to come in from outside Collingwood and not already be good buddy's with Nathan or the players.

Woosha would definitely be a god grab

Really? Rocket ,(Im pretty sure) was a Collingwood supporter.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:02 am

burnsy17 wrote:
Seth wrote:
Get Bomber Thompson, end of story!

No thanks.....there are reasons GC and Dogs didnt want to touch him with a 10 ft pole

HE knows what it take to win premierships, that's good enough for me,and I reckon hes itching to get away from the golden boy now, why the hellwould he want to play second fiddle to that goose again. I say, get Bomber too, all the way. Exclamation Idea

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:29 am

Piesnchess wrote:
burnsy17 wrote:
Seth wrote:
Get Bomber Thompson, end of story!

No thanks.....there are reasons GC and Dogs didnt want to touch him with a 10 ft pole

HE knows what it take to win premierships, that's good enough for me,and I reckon hes itching to get away from the golden boy now, why the hellwould he want to play second fiddle to that goose again. I say, get Bomber too, all the way. Exclamation Idea

I think Ablett played a massive part in him missing out on the GC job, I've heard the rumours regarding the 2010 Cats, their rift may have gifted us the 2010 flag.

If I had my way I'd throw the book at Bomber for our 'head job' 'if' our 2015 doesn't go to plan.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:43 am

Bomber Thompson may not be playing any role in football next year depending on the outcome of the ASADA saga
Why sign him to a contract and then have to pay him while he is banned?
Hard to put a clause in a contract knowing it is a likely outcome.

Deja Vu 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:37 am

The role of Football Manager does not require premiership success, it doesn't even require a football person. It requires some with excellent people and managerial skills - someone who is able to keep all egos in check; players, coaches, administrators.

The best person for the job may be someone we've never heard of.

CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:47 am

Deja Vu wrote:
The role of Football Manager does not require premiership success, it doesn't even require a football person. It requires some with excellent people and managerial skills - someone who is able to keep all egos in check; players, coaches, administrators.

Few inside football circles wants to work with Bucks and Ed is now on the nose.

As soon as Bucks is replaced the Coaches Association will introduce a mandatory pathway for senior coaches.

There is 94% consensus that 3 years minimum as an assistant is an essential pre-requisite.
Deja Vu 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:24 pm

Care to provide any evidence? Or should I just take you for your word?
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:46 pm

We have an opportunity to do something creative.

I'd prefer to have the Football Manager, a largely administrative and organisational position, not necessarily with any hands on football role. We have an array of coaches, trainers and recruiters to do the football stuff. The football manager needs to ensure that Bucks has all the resources at his disposal to bring us on field success. They need to liaise with all parts of the football club to ensure everyone is on song and working well together. Bucks should not have to report or answer to them, rather they should be a valuable resource for Bucks to get what he needs to bring on-field success.

Maybe Dekka could do this for 12 months and use that time to train Maxwell into the role. Maxy is such a professional, calm and intelligent person, that I reckon he'd be perfect for the role. I don't expect this will happen, because footy clubs are inevitably conservative institutions, but I think it would be a terrific move.
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:47 pm

CarringbushCigar wrote:
Deja Vu wrote:

As soon as Bucks is replaced the Coaches Association will introduce a mandatory pathway for senior coaches.

There is 94% consensus that 3 years minimum as an assistant is an essential pre-requisite.

What evidence do you have to support this or is it just sheer supposition or speculation on your behalf?
die4pies Scorpio

Homeward bound

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:24 pm

CarringbushCigar wrote:

By "football circles" you mean you and your mate next door?

Breadcrawl 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:11 pm

Defender wrote:

, I've heard the rumours regarding the 2010 Cats, their rift may have gifted us the 2010 flag.

Nope not letting you get away with that one. Hogwash. Our defeat of the Cats in the preliminary final of 2010 was the best I have ever seen any team play. To suggest we won it because the other team was off their game due to a rift is just complete horseshit

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:55 pm

Breadcrawl wrote:
Defender wrote:

, I've heard the rumours regarding the 2010 Cats, their rift may have gifted us the 2010 flag.

Nope not letting you get away with that one. Hogwash. Our defeat of the Cats in the preliminary final of 2010 was the best I have ever seen any team play. To suggest we won it because the other team was off their game due to a rift is just complete horseshit

+1.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4   

Jump to: