Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

I plead with Collingwood

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:54 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Geek wrote:
joffa corfe wrote:
1-So let me ask why do stadiums around Australia let A League supporters support as they wish ?

This is not about which is the better game its all about the atmosphere!

2-Why don't AFL venues just say support as you wish ?

3-What are they afraid of ?

4-Is OUR game run by the wrong people ?

5-Why are people heading back to suburban football ?

6-Has media saturation caused the sanitisation of our terraces ?

7-Why is it always ' DONT ' instead of 'DO '

8-What if no one listens what will be the prognosis ?

9-Why are we not allowed to support ?

10-Can someone give some type of clarification on the meaning ' Support ' Supporter!

11-Do active supporters damage ' The Brand ' ?

12-What is the purpose of 'Roar Meters' ?

13-At any game of football why do supporters think its important to take pics of each other via twitter for a scoreboard Status ?

14-Why is it called the peoples game when many people can no longer afford to go ?

15-Why cant we say that at all interstate games at MCG we let kids in for free ?

16-Concession card holders in for five bucks ?

17-Why is the AFL so nasty or appear to be nasty ?

Hey Joffa. Love your work, but to join up 2 of your points...

Point 5 is actually a good thing.

Point 14: Aussie Rules is the peoples' game, not AFL.

People going back to the local grounds and abandoning what the AFL has become is positive for the game itself. Get the sport away from pampered, semi-skilled athletes and back to gifted footballers and tough bastards who just wanna play. Where there is an on field role for the skinny midget as well as for the barge at full forward. Where there are positional battles instead of an ongoing beep test. Where the only sounds you hear from fking Holden is the tooting of the car horns when Macca dobs it from 45 or Jonesy gives a bit of hip and shoulder to that little smart arse in the number 9.

The AFL will survive. Won't be on crowd numbers, unless:

a) there is a real change in our culture towards wanting the chanting/singing experience or
b) the next generation of fans really does like the cheesy shyte that everyone here complains about (including the alriiiiiight can you feeeeel it guy)
c) a lot of overpaid suits decide that they will give up their spots at the trough.

I'm getting old now and maybe 'b' is possible but I thought the kids would be a bit more sophisticated than that. The other two just won't happen

Regardless, there will still be enough people tuned in to watch to keep the sponsors happy and the media rights deals coming through. The product will remain viable and our club will maintain its traditional role as the pantomime villain who gets so close to winning, only to shoot itself in the foot, or have the rules bent against our favour, much to the delight of everyone else. We could call ourselves the Wile E Coyotes or something.

Meanwhile, out in the burbs and in the country footy itself will benefit from all the people who want an "authentic match day experience". (In my day we called it a good day out at the footy) All those people who want to see an honest contest of guts and skill with a touch of mongrel will be happy to get on down and cheer the guys (or girls) on and to have a pie or two with a couple of beers and maybe a shot at the meat tray. Maybe walk home afterwards telling a few jokes with their mates and be in in time to watch the Saturday Night Product ("... and you just get the feeling that tonight's game is crucial, don't you Dennis?")

Thank you i enjoyed reading your post very much Smile

I pretty much guess we all agree give the game back to the supporters on match day.

Dont tell us what we cant do, Let us do what we have always done, Keep the bullshit for the movie theatres.

Things wont get better because no one is listening, Funny that the only thing we have heard so far as we head towards 2015 The Year Of The Fan is they have abolished some night games/ twilight games then they tell us they are listening to the fans..This mob does not care aboutt he fans its all about $$$$$$

BHPIE 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:18 pm

Collingwood should have a feral section , which i think would be the most popular of all where ya can cut loose ,within reason ,it used to be called Vic Park.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:42 pm

joffa corfe wrote:
Geek wrote:
joffa corfe wrote:
1-So let me ask why do stadiums around Australia let A League supporters support as they wish ?

This is not about which is the better game its all about the atmosphere!

2-Why don't AFL venues just say support as you wish ?

3-What are they afraid of ?

4-Is OUR game run by the wrong people ?

5-Why are people heading back to suburban football ?

6-Has media saturation caused the sanitisation of our terraces ?

7-Why is it always ' DONT ' instead of 'DO '

8-What if no one listens what will be the prognosis ?

9-Why are we not allowed to support ?

10-Can someone give some type of clarification on the meaning ' Support ' Supporter!

11-Do active supporters damage ' The Brand ' ?

12-What is the purpose of 'Roar Meters' ?

13-At any game of football why do supporters think its important to take pics of each other via twitter for a scoreboard Status ?

14-Why is it called the peoples game when many people can no longer afford to go ?

15-Why cant we say that at all interstate games at MCG we let kids in for free ?

16-Concession card holders in for five bucks ?

17-Why is the AFL so nasty or appear to be nasty ?

Hey Joffa. Love your work, but to join up 2 of your points...

Point 5 is actually a good thing.

Point 14: Aussie Rules is the peoples' game, not AFL.

People going back to the local grounds and abandoning what the AFL has become is positive for the game itself. Get the sport away from pampered, semi-skilled athletes and back to gifted footballers and tough bastards who just wanna play. Where there is an on field role for the skinny midget as well as for the barge at full forward. Where there are positional battles instead of an ongoing beep test. Where the only sounds you hear from fking Holden is the tooting of the car horns when Macca dobs it from 45 or Jonesy gives a bit of hip and shoulder to that little smart arse in the number 9.

The AFL will survive. Won't be on crowd numbers, unless:

a) there is a real change in our culture towards wanting the chanting/singing experience or
b) the next generation of fans really does like the cheesy shyte that everyone here complains about (including the alriiiiiight can you feeeeel it guy)
c) a lot of overpaid suits decide that they will give up their spots at the trough.

I'm getting old now and maybe 'b' is possible but I thought the kids would be a bit more sophisticated than that. The other two just won't happen

Regardless, there will still be enough people tuned in to watch to keep the sponsors happy and the media rights deals coming through. The product will remain viable and our club will maintain its traditional role as the pantomime villain who gets so close to winning, only to shoot itself in the foot, or have the rules bent against our favour, much to the delight of everyone else. We could call ourselves the Wile E Coyotes or something.

Meanwhile, out in the burbs and in the country footy itself will benefit from all the people who want an "authentic match day experience". (In my day we called it a good day out at the footy) All those people who want to see an honest contest of guts and skill with a touch of mongrel will be happy to get on down and cheer the guys (or girls) on and to have a pie or two with a couple of beers and maybe a shot at the meat tray. Maybe walk home afterwards telling a few jokes with their mates and be in in time to watch the Saturday Night Product ("... and you just get the feeling that tonight's game is crucial, don't you Dennis?")

Thank you i enjoyed reading your post very much Smile

I pretty much guess we all agree give the game back to the supporters on match day.

Dont tell us what we cant do, Let us do what we have always done, Keep the bullshit for the movie theatres.

Things wont get better because no one is listening, Funny that the only thing we have heard so far as we head towards 2015 The Year Of The Fan is they have abolished some night games/ twilight games then they tell us they are listening to the fans..This mob does not care aboutt he fans its all about $$$$$$

fair suck of the sauce bottle. we have not even made it out of 2014 yet. let's give the afl a chance. we're unlikely to fully recognise and appreciate any changes until we turn up to our first melbourne game.

joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:55 pm

I'll retire gracefully from this convo with these famous words from Sir Bobby Robson....

"What is a club in any case?

Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it.

It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes.

It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

It’s a small boy clambering up stadium steps for the very first time, gripping his father’s hand, gawping at that hallowed stretch of turf beneath him and, without being able to do a thing about it, falling in love."

Sadly todays generation and the next will argue otherwise.

Stay safe have a great 2015 folks Smile

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:16 pm

Great words by Sir Bobby! He sums up the notion of supporting a club extremely well!
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:00 pm

joffa corfe wrote:
I'll retire gracefully from this convo with these famous words from Sir Bobby Robson....

"What is a club in any case?

Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it.

It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes.

It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

It’s a small boy clambering up stadium steps for the very first time, gripping his father’s hand, gawping at that hallowed stretch of turf beneath him and, without being able to do a thing about it, falling in love."

Sadly todays generation and the next will argue otherwise.

Stay safe have a great 2015 folks Smile

I still enjoy the footy, but if I'm honest I have to say that my love affair with the game died the day we left Victoria Park. A large part of our heart and soul was ripped out and destroyed when we moved to a stadium shared with a host of other teams and run by a snobby cricket club. Quite simply we are much less Collingwood now than we were when we had our own home in Collingwood. Sadly, the leaders of our club, including members of our current board, did not value our culture and traditions enough to fight to the end to keep us at Vic Park, even as our headquarters and training base alone. I recently was in the UK, and I took my 19 yr old son (who never got to see a Collingwood game at Vic Park) for a visit to Anfield, the home of the Liverpool FC. Here was a club I was envious of, for the way they treasured their history and culture. Hundreds of people every day arrive in buses to pay 25 pounds for a tour of their home ground. This is a club formed the same year as us in 1892, but one which knows that preserving and treasuring its history is of paramount importance. Without that, clubs are empty vessels.
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:43 pm
Post subject: YeahReply with quote

Collingwood started to die when we were wrenched out of Victoria Park. That is the truth of it!

We were told that the big lonely concrete rip off called the MCG was good for us. Wrong! It was good for the corporate types who saw our club and game as a great business opportunity for them. We were simply told it was good for us too. And by the core measures of our enjoyment of the game experience, the fun we have as fans, fair go pricing and a real sense of fan control over the direction of our Club, we have been failed.

So despite the crap by some on here claiming they are blindly continuing to support this arrogant wrecking of our game experience by paying memberships and boasting year in year out, I for one will undertake a careful assessment. One which looks at whether continuing to renew I could be responsible for somehow encouraging the wrecking a the fans experience and fair go treatment by the power corporate elites.

Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:45 pm
Post subject: Re: YeahReply with quote

Hiss wrote:
Collingwood started to die when we were wrenched out of Victoria Park. That is the truth of it!

We were told that the big lonely concrete rip off called the MCG was good for us. Wrong! It was good for the corporate types who saw our club and game as a great business opportunity for them. We were simply told it was good for us too. And by the core measures of our enjoyment of the game experience, the fun we have as fans, fair go pricing and a real sense of fan control over the direction of our Club, we have been failed.

So despite the crap by some on here claiming they are blindly continuing to support this arrogant wrecking of our game experience by paying memberships and boasting year in year out, I for one will undertake a careful assessment. One which looks at whether continuing to renew I could be responsible for somehow encouraging the wrecking a the fans experience and fair go treatment by the power corporate elites.

What he said.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5   

Jump to: