Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

A Fit Nathan Brown for 2015

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:56 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Brown really the answer? Brown is great guy and loves Collingwood and whilst he could be anything he has really struggled to be a key player who is one of the first guys you would pick in selecting the 22. It's not his fault he just had a crap run of injuries. I ask the question, did we miss him this year?
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:36 pm

^^Yes. Badly.
axl13 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:08 pm

You guys are quick to forgot how good Browny is one on one with big forwards. Just remember how good he was on Nick Riewoldt.
Fatui Attata 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:17 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
Let's hope so, we desperately need either Brown or Reid, maybe even both, holding down a defensive spot for most of next season. We saw last year that without Maxwell the defense simply didn't function without an experienced player holding it together.

Reid and Brown are our two most important potential gains coming into 2015. Adding two A-grade players makes a major difference and even more so when injected into your spine.

Those two are our epidural.

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:27 pm

axl13 wrote:
You guys are quick to forgot how good Browny is one on one with big forwards. Just remember how good he was on Nick Riewoldt.

No doubt about that, it's hard to see through the crap that was our year in the end.
Az 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:36 pm

Can't understand the knock on Browny. Out of Keeffe and Frost he is the only bloke who can handle the big full forwards reliably. Can only remember Tippett getting a hold of him at one point but other than that has been very solid. Very dependable to kill a contest! Just don't ask him to kick it unless it's down the boundary! Wink
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:42 pm

I agree that our prospects are really bright next year and beyond. We lost Beams, which was a grave loss, but we have gained significantly in return with Greenwood, Varcoe and the potential of Crisp. As others have pointed out, there is so much potential and strength in our list. Reid, Brown, Sinclair, are all massive "recruits" apart from all else. 35forever started berating us for pretending that somehow we were "better off" by losing Beams. Clearly, to have retained Beams with Greenwood would have been awesome...but I think that our list now has a "wild card" quality about it that could really be unleashed in a colossal way. The addition of Crisp, Varcoe plus, I am hoping a Pick 5 who is also endowed with leg speed changes the whole dynamic of our team. The loss of Beams could well be very significantly compensated by the injection of leg speed alone. I am really looking forward to 2015. Bring it on!
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:54 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
FrankieGoesToCollingwood wrote:
A fit Brown, Reid, Swan and more confident Tooves are 4 big reasons why we can improve next year. It won't be all about the youth

I'm not so sure about Toovey, as Langdon covered his role pretty well last year I reckon. However, Swanny, Reid and Brown will definitely be the big 'new recruits' for us in season 2015. Throw in Freeman, Karnezis, Fasolo and Marsh, it's clear we're much better placed than we were this year - and that's before we include Crisp, Greenwood, Varcoe, Moore, a player like Laverde and possibly even Scharenberg later in the season. We've got every reason to be excited.

I'm pretty sure Toovey will be back at his best, let's not forget he was our most competent one on one defender before doing his knee. All he needs is a little confidence. Langdon was fantastic and exceeded everyone's expectations but history suggests he might find his 2nd year a little more difficult. Good thing is he seems very grounded and level headed. My best defence would feature both.

Bolsheviki 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:38 am

RudeBoy wrote:
FrankieGoesToCollingwood wrote:
A fit Brown, Reid, Swan and more confident Tooves are 4 big reasons why we can improve next year. It won't be all about the youth

I'm not so sure about Toovey, as Langdon covered his role pretty well last year I reckon. However, Swanny, Reid and Brown will definitely be the big 'new recruits' for us in season 2015. Throw in Freeman, Karnezis, Fasolo and Marsh, it's clear we're much better placed than we were this year - and that's before we include Crisp, Greenwood, Varcoe, Moore, a player like Laverde and possibly even Scharenberg later in the season. We've got every reason to be excited.
Shocked
Bolsheviki 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:45 am

Not sure why the knock on Tooves. Rarely beaten one on one and when fit is our number one defender to take on oppositions best small/mid forwards.
Browny and Reidy are musts for defence. Add Marley, Langdon and Frost and that is as good as we get.

E 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:09 pm

roar wrote:
No, he was dropped after some disappointing performances.

no, that is simply not true!

winpies Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:38 pm

magpieazza wrote:
I just want to say something out loud because I need it to sink in my head...

[b]Ben Reid and Nathan Brown are both still only 25 years old[/b]

Oh My God !!!!!!

Seems like they have been around forever. Let's hope they are both fully fit and firing for 2015....we need them to be. They both make a big difference to our team.

Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:46 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
Reid and Brown are our two most important potential gains coming into 2015. Adding two A-grade players makes a major difference and even more so when injected into your spine.

I agree that they were badly missed and that they immediately add spine to the back line, but only one of those boys could ever be regarded as A-Grade.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:25 am

Neil Appleby wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:

I agree that they were badly missed and that they immediately add spine to the back line, but only one of those boys could ever be regarded as A-Grade.

Brown may not be an A-grader yet but hasn't played 100 games yet either. Look at Cale Hooker, moved from battling for a senior berth in 2013 with Carlisle and Pears to All Australian in 2014 as he climbed past that 100 game barrier. And I'd say that Brown's 1v1 efforts were at least the equal of Hooker's, probably even better, until this year.
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:30 am

Like pervious years, we do have the players with potential. It is really only the injuries that have halted our on field development and stalled our success.

Lets just hope we see a massive change of fortune in 2015 where we see injuries have no to little impact.

Reid is a proven A Grader but if Brown staffs fit he could realise more of his potential and me may see a better Brown than in the past. At his age he should be at his best.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: