Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What chances Laverde?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cityslick1 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:07 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Pavlich started in the back line playing similar to Lever. He could turn into the next kouta / pav beast midfielder running off half back... or alternatively a Matthew Scarlett type back. Would you pass that up for the next Hawkins, or the uncertainly that surrounds Wright. Not my call, but Lever looks a standout talent with his attack on the ball, smarts and dash
Breadcrawl 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:22 am

My dad once had a 70s Valiant that he turned into a tractor.

True story.

These days when people are looking at buying a tractor I just say, "nah bro, just go out and get yourself a 70s Valiant, an angle grinder and a welder."

You reckon there are doubts over Wright (who I do not want) but you want a guy who didn't play the championships because of injury. No doubts there.

We need a midfielder, now and into the future.

We should get a midfielder.

cityslick1 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:46 am

I'd still prefer laverde at our pick, assuming brayshaw and mcCartin are gone. He looks to have a lot of upside about him, along with smarts and pace. Only worry being his low numbers and questionable tank. Which could limit him becoming an elite mid, as it did daisy.

Just saying that because lever is a defender atm, he shouldn't be discounted altogether. Even if you needed a forward before a defender, you'wouldn't want a Petrie or crameri instead of a Scarlett or clement. Not saying this is what's happening, but best available should be at the front of our minds with pick 5... whomever that is. Lever looks v good, And could develop into a high possession rebounding back / mid, which would increase his stock.
Breadcrawl 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:13 am

I've already shared my thoughts on the 'best available' mentality.

Hine is gonna know a lot better than any of us.

If he takes Lever I'll start anticipating a Pavlich-like metamorphosis.

I bet we get a mid though

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:24 pm

I said it earlier, I don't like the idea of using a prime DP on a 200cm+ KF, history tells us guys of that height don't last as KFs, they always break down.

Moore was a little different as he's much more versatile, if he doesn't make it as a KF he could make it as a defender-Wingman, if wright doesn't make it as a KF the only other option is the ruck, and we're set for young rucks.

Also, we have an abundance of 200cm players now, we don't need anymore IMO, let's get some bloody class in the midfield.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:56 pm

Defender wrote:
I said it earlier, I don't like the idea of using a prime DP on a 200cm+ KF, history tells us guys of that height don't last as KFs, they always break down.

Moore was a little different as he's much more versatile, if he doesn't make it as a KF he could make it as a defender-Wingman, if wright doesn't make it as a KF the only other option is the ruck, and we're set for young rucks.

Also, we have an abundance of 200cm players now, we don't need anymore IMO, let's get some bloody class in the midfield.

I tend to agree with Defender on this.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:09 pm

If Laverde goes at 4 then I'm happy to take Wright at 5.

Good big men are far harder to find and with the evenness of this years draft a good midfield prospect will still be available at 30.

We've taken all of Adams, Broomhead, Freeman and Kennedy over the last 2 seasons so I don't think taking a midfielder is such a high priority as some seem to feel.

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:15 pm

swoop42 wrote:
If Laverde goes at 4 then I'm happy to take Wright at 5.

Good big men are far harder to find and with the evenness of this years draft a good midfield prospect will still be available at 30.

We've taken all of Adams, Broomhead, Freeman and Kennedy over the last 2 seasons so I don't think taking a midfielder is such a high priority as some seem to feel.

None of those players mentioned scream elite mid to me, there's nothing to suggest any of em will be the next Pendles-Swan ATM, shit, even Shazza and Freeman have massive ?s over them.

You like this.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:20 pm

Pick 5: McCartin if available, Wright, Laverde in that order for mine.

A good big man will beat a good little man says Jack Dyer according to Lou Richards.

Then again Jack also said that Spaghetti Marijuana was his favourite Italian food.

Wright: Great kick, great mark, fast for his size & a good build now. What's not to like?

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:23 pm

watt price tully wrote:

A good big man will beat a good little man says Jack Dyer according to Lou Richards.

Then again Jack also said that Spaghetti Marijuana was his favourite Italian food.

Wright: Great kick, great mark, fast for his size & a good build now. What's not to like?

What's not to like?

Chances are we'll be waiting a long time before he becomes AFL ready, same as Moore although I think Moore can be utilised in lesser positions meaning he'll be AFL ready sooner.

You like this.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:06 pm

Defender wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

What's not to like?

Chances are we'll be waiting a long time before he becomes AFL ready, same as Moore although I think Moore can be utilised in lesser positions meaning he'll be AFL ready sooner.

That said, Emma Quayle says at his best he beats just about all in this years draft. Has not always been consistent so far in his young years. Just pop him a few steroids then no worries mate Wink

I reckon can't go wrong with good big men. Midfielders come & go. Take Beamer for instance

Breadcrawl 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:53 pm

Billy Morrison
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:06 pm

You don't overlook a potential Lockett because you have a promising Mark Richardson.

Well unless you're Collingwood.

Breadcrawl 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:11 pm

Tony Lockett would have been a shit midfielder
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:25 pm

swoop42 wrote:
You don't overlook a potential Lockett because you have a promising Mark Richardson.

Well unless you're Collingwood.

Is he a potential Locket though? Knightmare reckons he isn't an overly strong contested mark for his size, said he's at his best on the lead.

He didn't exactly tear the u18s apart which is worrying.

You like this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9   

Jump to: