Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Beams reason for leaving

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:16 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear it.
neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:27 pm

Culprit wrote:
Players leaving clubs for more money is nothing new. This will just become the norm like the NRL. Excuses will flow but the bottom line will be about more money. We all change jobs for more money.

True but most of us wait till the end of our contracts to leave

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:43 pm

swoop42 wrote:
So Dayne if it was all about family then why not be open to a trade to the Gold Coast where I believe your father actually resides?

If it meant less money so be it.

Family comes first.

I agree, If he wanted best for Collingwood. He would of let use talk to the Suns as well as they had more to offer and would of been a Bidding War

Lions had him Signed by Middle of the season when the Rumors started he was off to the Lions

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:55 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
So Dayne if it was all about family then why not be open to a trade to the Gold Coast where I believe your father actually resides?

Family comes first.

I agree, If he wanted best for Collingwood. He would of let use talk to the Suns as well as they had more to offer and would of been a Bidding War

Lions had him Signed by Middle of the season when the Rumors started he was off to the Lions

You can't blame him for wanting to play with his brother...for a shit load of cash. In the end it was a win win win. The Lions got Beams, he got to play with his brother for a big pay rise and we got 3 players in Greenwood, Crisp and Laverde (ie pick 5). I reckon we've come out on top, but only time will tell.
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:16 pm

End of the day we have to accept he's gone, accept his reason and move on we got compensated for it and now we move on. I am not sure the best thing to do is wish him an injury, etc. But I guess people will deal with his departure their own way in the end.

Least we have people that want to be at the club now.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
bwphantom Virgo

It's Better to Burn Out Than to Fade Away

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:09 pm

swoop42 wrote:

Family comes first.

His Fathers treatment centre is in Brisbane.

Jock McHale
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:57 pm

I've moved on from Dayne Beams and thank him for his services to the club from 2009 to 2014.

In regards to why he left the club I think are numerous reasons but admittedly most are speculative at best. I've heard people say that Buckley and Beams didn't get on whatsoever but Beams seems to contradict that idea in his first press conference with the Lions the other week.

I certainly believe family was partially the reason for his departure as it is well documented that his father had been recently ill with cancer and he wanted to travel back to Queensland to be closer to him on a more regular basis. From day one, there had always been this idea that Beams would eventually go back to Queensland and when he rejected a big-money offer to join the Gold Coast Suns a few years ago we all thought he might be here for the long haul.

I'm sure money was a big motivator and it's no secret that the Lions offered him a large sum to him to join their club so it wouldn't surprise if there were financial motivations to join the club. On top of all these factors, the idea of playing with his younger brother may have been appealing to him as well.

magpieazza 

magpieazza

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:13 pm

Dayne is going to love being out of the fishbowl, is going to get bigger bucks, is going to play with his brother and gets to be close to his Dad.

Who needs any more reason(s) to go.

I would have done the same.

Goodbye and good luck.

Hello Laverde, Crispy and Greeny.

Darkstranger 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:18 pm

[quote="bwphantom"][quote="swoop42"]So Dayne if it was all about family then why not be open to a trade to the Gold Coast where I believe your father actually resides?

Family comes first.[/quote]

His Fathers treatment centre is in Brisbane.[/quote]

Seriously, really? If you think that's the reason then you have no idea!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4   

Jump to: