Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Beams reason for leaving

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:58 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Flashman wrote:
Captain_MyCaptain wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
So Dayne if it was all about family then why not be open to a trade to the Gold Coast where I believe your father actually resides?

If it meant less money so be it.

Family comes first.

Exactly. I don't believe he really really wants to play with his brother.

Unless he wants to run around kicking the dew off in the NEAFL he doesn't Wink

Would the Lion's risk not picking Claye? I think saving his bro's career may have been the main reason behind the move Wink.

35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:00 pm

There are clearly two kinds of Collingwood supporter, those who hate and despise players who leaver another club, and those who can't help but have a soft spot for guys who have provided them with so much enjoyment over the years. I am so glad to be one of the latter, I can't imagine forming and maintaining so much bitterness and gall, it can't be good for the health! Especially with someone like Beamer who has without any doubt been one of our best 3 or 4 for several years. It must take a lot of work to talk oneself into believing that Beamer was somehow "not all that great anyway". To find frankly laughable reasons why we'll be better off without him. Beamer is acknowledged by his peers as one of the very best, the elite few, we were lucky to have him as long as we did.
Oh, and stop trying to tell yourselves we somehow got Greenwood for Beamer, we didn't! If Beams had stayed we'd still have picked up Greenwood, (can't even bring myself to think about THAT midfield, wow!) when a player names the club he wants to go to he almost always gets there, North would've accepted pick 30 or we would've come up with some other sweetener to soothe their egos. For Beams we got Crisp and Pick 5. Both could turn out to be champion players, and both could turn out to be duds. I think the former is true if we still have the ability to develop players we had in the Butters days. Only time will tell.
Good luck Dayne, I hope you have a great career, except against us.

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
Flashman 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:01 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
Flashman wrote:
Captain_MyCaptain wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
So Dayne if it was all about family then why not be open to a trade to the Gold Coast where I believe your father actually resides?

Family comes first.

Would the Lion's risk not picking Claye? I think saving his bro's career may have been the main reason behind the move Wink.

So he wasn't lying and it was family reasons after all Very Happy
Az 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:22 pm

Flashman wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:
Flashman wrote:
Captain_MyCaptain wrote:
swoop42 wrote:

Family comes first.

So he wasn't lying and it was family reasons after all Very Happy

With Rich and Redden coming back into the side in addition to Dayne, I honestly don't see Claye being in the best 22. If they manage to keep their midfield, he is never getting into that line up for years.
SuperSwede 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:50 pm

35forever wrote:

Still, I really wonder why people have the idea that if an AFL identity says something in an interview it has to be true. It really isn't a fool proof way to learn the truth!

No, I guess what a player says in an interview doesn’t necessarily have to be true. But we shouldn’t dismiss the possibility that it might be. I suppose after all if somebody says something your underlying assumption – unless you know otherwise – would be that the person actually means what he says. Even if he happens to be an AFL player.

surfer1 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:49 am

35forever wrote:
There are clearly two kinds of Collingwood supporter, those who hate and despise players who leaver another club, and those who can't help but have a soft spot for guys who have provided them with so much enjoyment over the years. I am so glad to be one of the latter, I can't imagine forming and maintaining so much bitterness and gall, it can't be good for the health! Especially with someone like Beamer who has without any doubt been one of our best 3 or 4 for several years. It must take a lot of work to talk oneself into believing that Beamer was somehow "not all that great anyway". To find frankly laughable reasons why we'll be better off without him. Beamer is acknowledged by his peers as one of the very best, the elite few, we were lucky to have him as long as we did.
Oh, and stop trying to tell yourselves we somehow got Greenwood for Beamer, we didn't! If Beams had stayed we'd still have picked up Greenwood, (can't even bring myself to think about THAT midfield, wow!) when a player names the club he wants to go to he almost always gets there, North would've accepted pick 30 or we would've come up with some other sweetener to soothe their egos. For Beams we got Crisp and Pick 5. Both could turn out to be champion players, and both could turn out to be duds. I think the former is true if we still have the ability to develop players we had in the Butters days. Only time will tell.

Well said
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:58 am

Players leaving clubs for more money is nothing new. This will just become the norm like the NRL. Excuses will flow but the bottom line will be about more money. We all change jobs for more money.
Nick - Pie Man 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:59 pm

So are we still supposed to hate him?
Breadcrawl 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:09 pm

I dunno what we are supposed to do - but I still hate him
surfer1 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:31 pm

Look he is 24 maybe with life skills not yet fully developed, like most his age, gave us over 100 games Copeland winner premiership player and for maybe a variety of reasons has decided to move on. I am prepared to accept what he says , namely its family, sure there are $$$ involved but can any of you say with the ties of family, state alignments and $$$ at his age with maybe not a lot of other fee earring skills you would do different?

I have no ill feelings to him, I thank him for what he has done. Sure he may have handled his departure more diplomatically but who knows what was said to and by him behind closed doors.

Can't we just remember and move on?
schuey07 Aries

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:08 pm

I hope he does his knee and never comes back the same player. F&@k him, if your not with us your against us.
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:23 pm

35forever wrote:

Whilst I am not one of these people i can rationalise that some people who get emotionally involved feel very betrayed by a player leaving mid contract espcially when the player concerned handles things quite poorly as Beams has done. If he had turned up to the Copeland night, gave a speech with a bit of grace and then immediately returned to Qld to be with his dad, things would have been perceived in a very differt way by many.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:46 am

He will never be part of another Premiership team, not with those bunch of assholes up there, skintville, propped up by the League, and under a dodo of a halfwit coach who tweets shit about the Pies. Hes made his bed, now he must lie in it, playing up there before minute crowds too.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:16 pm

They now have a good "therapist" up at the Bears.
F*** him, he left.

Since when did footy supporters, especially Collingwood ones, become so bloody pragmatic.
It's tribal, it's passionate, he left us.
HE LEFT US.

F*** off Dayne, withOUT my best wishes.

Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
BBHS Cancer

bbhs

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:14 pm

My only comfort is he played some pretty shitfull finals football for us. Other than that huge loss.

Good luck Dayne hope you win many spoons.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4   

Jump to: