Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Rocket CONFIRMED to be flying the coop.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:05 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw where he was quoted as telling Pert he was hanging around....but if he leaves it should be a condition he takes Davoren with him or we won't release him.
35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:34 pm

Don't know who the anti-Eade people are, I always thought he was a good fit. If he does leave another former coach should be sought to replace him, Ayers would be good, but for the sake of continuing turmoil I'd take Thompson. Even the most devout Bucks fan has to admit there's some chance, no matter how small, that he might not last the season.
Frankly I hope he does last the season, We'd hafta be in a pretty crappy position for him to be dropped. But if he was I'd like someone better than the current assistants to take over as interim.
That said I can't see Bucks passing up his best mate for the job.

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:25 pm

Deja Vu wrote:
jackcass wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
Defender wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
Rocket seems a decent bloke, who knows the game, and gets on well with the players and coaches. Plus, he has a good football brain, from his long experience as a player and coach. He'd be hard to replace if he left us.

If he let, my heart would love to get choco Williams back to the club, but my brain says he might be 'too big a personality' and end up a destabilising force. Maybe Sanderson could do the gig. At the end of the day, we need someone to work closely with Bucks, but preferably someone strong-willed enough to think independently and provide a counterweight to Bucks own positions. Only by having someone around to challenge and question will better decisions be made.

Garry Ayres perhaps.

Not a bad idea. I actually know Gary quite well and he is a terrific bloke. He also has 5 Premiership medallions, a Norm Smith, AFL coaching experience at Geelong and Adelaide and has coached Premiership teams at Port Melbourne.

Often wondered why he hasn't been picked up by an AFL club for a role other than senior coach.

Was an assistant when Sheedy was still at Bombers

But then moved on to Port Melbourne
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:09 pm

Breadcrawl wrote:
I have heard nothing. Just the title of this thread.

A coup is an attempted military overthrow of the current government, is it not?

Let's not have this turn into a rumour mate...Buckley is, in fact, the messiah...

I blame auto correct, I also didn't put Eade in the title, it was supposed to say EAD. Twisted Evil

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:55 pm

If Eade were to leave then Brendan McCartney would seem a good fit to take over his role even if it included a bit more hands on work in terms of player development.
Flashman 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:10 pm

McCartney has been rumoured to possibly be returning to Essendon but they now have Harvey and are reportedly close to signing Mark Neeld so I doubt they'd need him if that's the case.

I wouldn't be against Bomber Thompson being given a shot either.

Essendon seem to have shat in his face somewhat considering he stood in for the Golden Boy in the clubs hour of need. He did a very good job this year and obviously has the desire to stay on as coach but instead appears to have been wiped like a dirty arse in favour of golden bollocks. That just typifies the ham fisted handling of important issues that Essendon as a club has been routinely making of late.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:30 pm

Flashman wrote:
McCartney has been rumoured to possibly be returning to Essendon but they now have Harvey and are reportedly close to signing Mark Neeld so I doubt they'd need him if that's the case.

Essendon seem to have shat in his face somewhat considering he stood in for the Golden Boy in the clubs hour of need. He did a very good job this year and obviously has the desire to stay on as coach but instead appears to have been wiped like a dirty arse in favour of golden bollocks. That just typifies the ham fisted handling of important issues that Essendon as a club has been routinely making of late.

Bomber Thomson is loopy. He has a good footy brain , but is far too erratic and rather lazy.
Flashman 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:09 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Flashman wrote:

Bomber Thomson is loopy. He has a good footy brain , but is far too erratic and rather lazy.

The erratic stuff I can see though are you sure you're not mixing up being lazy with his relaxed demeanour?

Thompson knows exactly what it takes to build and maintain a successful side over an extended period and he has plenty to offer in a clearly defined mentoring role as a sounding board, strategist and tactician.

I think his performance this year has enhanced his value as a football person. It would have been so easy for the bottom to fall out of Essendon's performance as it did at the end of 2013 but with his leadership and guidance it didn't happen.

Whether or not he wants to be second fiddle again is another question and if Rocket goes my money would be on Sanderson to fill the breach.
Az 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:49 pm

Flashman wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
Flashman wrote:

The erratic stuff I can see though are you sure you're not mixing up being lazy with his relaxed demeanour?

Thompson knows exactly what it takes to build and maintain a successful side over an extended period and he has plenty to offer in a clearly defined mentoring role as a sounding board, strategist and tactician.

I think his performance this year has enhanced his value as a football person. It would have been so easy for the bottom to fall out of Essendon's performance as it did at the end of 2013 but with his leadership and guidance it didn't happen.

Whether or not he wants to be second fiddle again is another question and if Rocket goes my money would be on Sanderson to fill the breach.

Good post Flash. Senior coaches don't get to be lazy, and for Bomber to get the drug cheats to where they got to this year under the pressure they experienced, there's absolutely nothing lazy about that. I think Bomber would be an invaluable addition to our ranks if Eade chooses to go despite his recent intentions to stay. Would much rather him over Sando. Sure he's a bit loopy, but he's always been a character. He definitely knows when the situation requires him to be serious.

My only concern is he is still undoubtedly well into the coaching game, and with Rocket's duties moving more into admin than coaching/mentoring recently, the job may not suit him as he would at least want to be a senior assistant coach.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:11 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Flashman wrote:

Most of the great coaches are loopy.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
On the March 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:46 pm

I wouldn't be wanting to have anything to do with anyone who has had anything to do with that crap over at Essendon.

Unless of course Heppel or Hurley want to make their way over! Very Happy
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:20 pm

Defender wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
Flashman wrote:

Most of the great coaches are loopy.

You've got me there! Embarassed
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:44 pm

There's something not quite right with Bomber.

He's been rejected by his own club in favour of Hird. Seemed a certainty for the Suns job but now it looks as if they want nothing to do with him. Since he backflipped and made it clear he wanted Hird's job his standing has declined dramatically.

Eade's job is certainly not a good fit for him, but even as a senior assistant or adviser, you'd usually want someone who does not have immediate senior coaching ambitions. I'm also not sure the baggage he comes with is worth the extra effort and some of his recent odd behaviour would have to be a concern.

It's a no from me.

Last edited by AN_Inkling on Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:49 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:

He's been rejected by his own club in favour of Hird. Seemed a certainty for the Suns job but now lit looks as if they want nothing to do with him. Since he backflipped and made it clear he wanted Hird's job his standing has declined dramatically.

Eade's job is certainly not a good fit for him, but even as a senior assistant or adviser, you'd usually want someone who does not have immediate senior coaching ambitions. I'm also not sure the baggage he comes with is worth the extra effort and some of his recent odd behaviour would have to be a concern.

It's a no from me.

He is definitely emotionally unstable and would be destabilising influence at our club. I suspect he's taken far too many drugs. Wink
Flashman 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:18 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:

He's been rejected by his own club in favour of Hird. Seemed a certainty for the Suns job but now lit looks as if they want nothing to do with him. Since he backflipped and made it clear he wanted Hird's job his standing has declined dramatically.

It's a no from me.

He is definitely emotionally unstable and would be destabilising influence at our club. I suspect he's taken far too many drugs. Wink

Not too far from the truth if the rumours are to be believed (which I don't).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8   

Jump to: