Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Rocket CONFIRMED to be flying the coop.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:52 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Praise the Lord.

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:19 am

^^ I don't get this! We have no idea what his role involves or how effectively he does it. Same for the angst about some of the lesser coaches.
King Malta Leo

RIP Flip

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:26 am

jackcass wrote:
^^ I don't get this! We have no idea what his role involves or how effectively he does it. Same for the angst about some of the lesser coaches.

Yeah I'm in the same boat here.

If you asked some of these people to explain what it is Rocket does they wouldn't be able to do so, but they'd tell you that whatever it is he's obviously bad at it.

Confused
woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:42 am

King Malta wrote:
jackcass wrote:

Yeah I'm in the same boat here.

If you asked some of these people to explain what it is Rocket does they wouldn't be able to do so, but they'd tell you that whatever it is he's obviously bad at it.

Confused

Agree. All I know is that he has Geoff Walsh's old job. Handles contracts but not sure what else. Only the club knows how good or bad he is handling his current role.
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:59 am

jackcass wrote:

On The Club last year it was said he mentors the coaching group, and also part time gives players advice around the club. Pendlebury has said Rocket gives time to the players to discuss stuff, give them advice etc.

Also apparently helps coaches who want to become a senior coach one day by giving them advice, and taking them under his wing. Plus helps Bucks with stuff too.

I am not sure what time last year it was on The Club, but they spoke to players, and Eade himself about his role and that was what was said.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
nomadjack 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:51 pm

I don't get the angst either. The guy's got a sharp footy brain, a good sense of humour, is very easy to listen to and has a great rapport with the players. Is a good foil for a pretty young coaching panel.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:49 pm

Rocket seems a decent bloke, who knows the game, and gets on well with the players and coaches. Plus, he has a good football brain, from his long experience as a player and coach. He'd be hard to replace if he left us.

If he let, my heart would love to get choco Williams back to the club, but my brain says he might be 'too big a personality' and end up a destabilising force. Maybe Sanderson could do the gig. At the end of the day, we need someone to work closely with Bucks, but preferably someone strong-willed enough to think independently and provide a counterweight to Bucks own positions. Only by having someone around to challenge and question will better decisions be made.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:34 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Rocket seems a decent bloke, who knows the game, and gets on well with the players and coaches. Plus, he has a good football brain, from his long experience as a player and coach. He'd be hard to replace if he left us.

If he let, my heart would love to get choco Williams back to the club, but my brain says he might be 'too big a personality' and end up a destabilising force. Maybe Sanderson could do the gig. At the end of the day, we need someone to work closely with Bucks, but preferably someone strong-willed enough to think independently and provide a counterweight to Bucks own positions. Only by having someone around to challenge and question will better decisions be made.

Garry Ayres perhaps.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:26 pm

Defender wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

Garry Ayres perhaps.

Not a bad idea. I actually know Gary quite well and he is a terrific bloke. He also has 5 Premiership medallions, a Norm Smith, AFL coaching experience at Geelong and Adelaide and has coached Premiership teams at Port Melbourne.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:06 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Defender wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

Garry Ayres perhaps.

Not a bad idea. I actually know Gary quite well and he is a terrific bloke. He also has 5 Premiership medallions, a Norm Smith, AFL coaching experience at Geelong and Adelaide and has coached Premiership teams at Port Melbourne.

Often wondered why he hasn't been picked up by an AFL club for a role other than senior coach.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:33 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Defender wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

Garry Ayres perhaps.

I reckon the role has a shelf life of 2 years Max anyway, Bucks would've learnt everything there Was to learn from Rocket, having a fresh brain to pick every 2 years or so is the way to go IMO.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:16 pm

RudeBoy wrote:

Choco did a Good Job Richmond and GWS. Where he was never center of Attention

Az 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:31 pm

I believe his sole purpose at the club is to do weekly injury updates brought to you by blackmores.

For real, doesn't he do what Walsh used to? Contracts, player welware, while still doing a bit of the director of football stuff where needed? I consider him a jack of all trades at the club and would be very handy to keep around given his experience.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:34 pm

Existing in reality, eh?
Deja Vu 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:58 pm

jackcass wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
Defender wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

Garry Ayres perhaps.

Often wondered why he hasn't been picked up by an AFL club for a role other than senior coach.

Was an assistant when Sheedy was still at Bombers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8   

Jump to: