Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Rocket CONFIRMED to be flying the coop.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Collingwood 4 eternity 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:24 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Rocket was the first interstate premiership coach when the Bears were based at Carrara Stadium Gold Coast

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:20 pm

Brenny wrote:
I'm sure Collingwood already know Rockets intentions and are in communication with Hiss concerning his replacement.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Az 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:33 pm

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/rodney-eade-is-on-the-verge-of-returning-to-senior-coaching-with-the-gold-coast-suns/story-fni5f7ka-1227104016429?nk=64923522726a48e2dca82b594a5e54f9

Well looks as if the wheels are certainly turning. Met with GC twice over the weekend so it looks as though he is seriously considering it. Totally understand if he leaves, as he is basically inheriting a premiership list and would probably feel there is some unfinished business in terms of his coaching career. If GC weren't already going to be hard enough to beat in a year or so, Rocket knowing our game plan and all aspects of our club intimately is going to make it that much harder to beat them when the time comes. Fingers crossed he stays.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:12 am

Listening to Ed this morning they will need to give us $$$ for him to be released from his long term contract.

Who do we get to replace Rocket? Maybe a Bomber?
MJ23 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:33 am

Culprit wrote:
Listening to Ed this morning they will need to give us $$$ for him to be released from his long term contract.

Who do we get to replace Rocket? Maybe a Bomber?

Geeze, If Bomber and Bucks got along well I would jump at him.

certainly not infalible but knows when he is wrong and is not scared to admit it and change.

winpies Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:47 am

Would be very happy to have Bomber on board. A lot of experience there.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:27 am

Bomber is poison.

Much rather bring back Choco Williams or else find a role for Sanderson.
themonk 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:31 am

RudeBoy wrote:
Bomber is poison.

Agreed, Bomber has no idea what his doing or what he's about to say, a loose canon.

I suspect Bucks will be working hard to bring in Sanderson.

Choco would be great but would Nathan see him as a threat?
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:35 am

RudeBoy wrote:
Bomber is poison.

i don't subscribe that he would be the right fit for our club but how is he poison? that's a big statement without anything to back it up.

to me, he is someone who will always have a shelf life and needs to be constantly challenged. he's won two flags, managed to coach the tullamarine rabble well in difficult circumstances.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:59 am

Happy to have Williams. Was a fabulous captain and I wanted them to appoint him coach when they got MM (and again when they got Buckley).
themonk 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:35 am

John Wren wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
Bomber is poison.

i don't subscribe that he would be the right fit for our club but how is he poison? that's a big statement without anything to back it up.

to me, he is someone who will always have a shelf life and needs to be constantly challenged. he's won two flags, managed to coach the tullamarine rabble well in difficult circumstances.

When he arrived at Essendon he claimed he never wanted to be a senior coach again. Hird gets into trouble and he reluctantly takes the position, he states that it's only for 1 year. He then turns it right around and suggests he now wants the job.

If what's happening at Essendon was occurring at Collingwood the media would be wetting themselves.

I like Bomber Thompson but no thanks.
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:37 am

I don't get the big issue regarding Bomber, I think all poison came from Hird and his associations. Bomber's only real negative at the club was bringing in Dean Robinson, of course Bomber also worked briefly with Dank, but Dank spent more time with Hird's crew.

Not that I think he'd ever come to Collingwood anyway, but proven premiership winning coach, helped bring a new culture to Geelong cannot be too bad if he was brought in to help Buckley.

But don't see him coming to the club, so it's not a big deal, Williams would be an interesting one I'd think he'd probably want to stay where he is with a potential chance of being a senior coach there very soon.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:47 am

themonk wrote:
John Wren wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
Bomber is poison.

When he arrived at Essendon he claimed he never wanted to be a senior coach again. Hird gets into trouble and he reluctantly takes the position, he states that it's only for 1 year. He then turns it right around and suggests he now wants the job.

If what's happening at Essendon was occurring at Collingwood the media would be wetting themselves.

it's not a crime to change your mind. eade said he didn't want to coach again ...

themonk 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:54 am

John Wren wrote:
themonk wrote:
John Wren wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
Bomber is poison.

it's not a crime to change your mind. eade said he didn't want to coach again ...

Like MM? I just don't think he's worth the risk.
Flashman 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:18 pm

I just find it bizarre that Bomber has gone from the hottest coaching candidate with a choice of gigs between Essendon to GC to a footballing pariah with rumours about his private life and mental well being rife, all in the space of about 4 weeks.

Ever since he made his pitch at the Essendon B&F he's been basically shit canned by them for Hird and the Suns have gone Arctic cold on him.

Why?

Is he somehow now less of a coach now after doing (in my opinion) an excellent job with Essendon this very year?

I'm not a big one for conspiracy theories but ever since Thompson said his bit he's endured a crap load of negative publicity and damage to his reputation for essentially saying he found the love to coach again. One wonders whether the Hird P.R machine has done a number on Bomber much like it did with Robinson and Evans and tried desperately to do with Demetriou. I wouldn't put anything past that snake.

Anyway I reckon Thompson has plenty to offer as director of coaching or in a development role and we'd be wise to check his availability. He couldn't be any more erratic than Wayne Carey could he and we found work for him?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8   

Jump to: