Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Big shoes to fill

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:27 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

stoliboy wrote:
Is Adams replacing Luke Ball or Luke Ball and Dayne Beams?

Comment from Hine said something along the lines of Adams development covering for Beams.

no chance
Wilko 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:28 pm

Sure does
The only problem is having that experience of playing together like Mitchell / Hodge / Burgoyne
I would guess is lots of work to do in the off season

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:10 pm

I think we made a mistake by having Ball retire.

One more year couldn't have hurt. We've lost so much leadership.

Didaksgoal Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:30 pm

Presti35 wrote:

I was thinking about this scenario the other day, Presti. The thing that screwed the pooch was Beamer and his secret. If Collingwood knew Beamer wanted home/out, Bally may have gotten another year. (He probably would have)

As far as leadership...........you're right, it's Pendles, Sidey, Clokey.......tumbleweed.................(hear that breeze)...................(hear that breeze, again).................tumbleweed.............

With the right attitudes, less bullsh!t, and every person on board the Collingwood express, we can challenge for a flag in 3-4 years.......and we can even make the 8 next year.

That means two seasons of improvement, and then cherry ripe for a crack at the flag...........or at least I hope so.

Go The Pies!
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:44 pm

Presti35 wrote:

Ball should have retired at the end of 2013.
Az 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:51 pm

At what point do you make one more leader a priority over getting valuable games into the young guys? Time for Cloke, Sidey, Brown, Dasher, Keeffe, Adams etc to step up and lead and for us to make use of the great young talent we have who are banging down the doors for a game.

Keen to see Freeman up and about. Just re-watched his TAC highlights and reminded me how much of an asset to this team he can be if he kills it this preseason. Explosive speed out of the packs coupled with elite endurance, nobody will be able to keep up with this kid.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:29 am

RudeBoy wrote:
Presti35 wrote:

Certainly struggled throughout the 2014 season. Doubt there would have been any benefit in retaining him for 2015.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:18 pm

Presti35 wrote:

I'm inclined to agree. I know that the official statement was that Ball's persistent back injuries were the catalyst for him to retire but considering how much leadership we've lost recently I think retaining Luke Ball on that aspect alone would have been enough to convince me to retain him for another year but it wasn't to be unfortunately.

We do have some good leaders emerging like Langdon, Moore and Scharenberg but obviously they're far too young to impose themselves at the moment so it's up to the likes of Pendlebury, Sidebottom, Cloke and Swan to lead the way before these kids mature.

Bolsheviki 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:34 am

[quote="jackcass"]
RudeBoy wrote:
Presti35 wrote:

Certainly struggled throughout the 2014 season. Doubt there would have been any benefit in retaining him for 2015.[/quote)

They said the same about Maxy at the beginning of 2014 and his loss during the year was the beginning of the end of our season. Bally should have been given one more season, regardless of losing Beames. Don't ever underestimate the value of great leaders (particularly in a list void of them). Adams, whilst brave and determined, IMO is still a long way off proving himself at AFL standard, let alone mentioned in the same breath as Ball or Beames. Having said that, Greenwood is a good pick up and some consolation for their losses.

yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:32 am

Greenwood will be performing Ball's role as the extractor... he had a much better 2014 compared to Ball and really with Adams and Thomas we have plenty of hard nuts in there.

Greenwood gives the young guys a break and he has the endurance to run both ways. The game was getting beyond Ball - fantastic player but certainly the right time to retire.

Greenwood's presence will give Adams the opportunity to develop other aspects of his game along with his strong inside game. At such an early stage of his career I think Adams could be as damaging and valuable as Beams proved to be in recent years.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:36 am

Wolf wrote:
I saw a tweet yesterday from Tay saying "Rome I love you". Unless they have a Westpac Centre in Rome he is not back to training yet

Could be Roma Queensland Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: