Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

We will finish top 4 in 2015

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:24 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Breadcrawl wrote:
People who think we can't make the four must be assuming that we will cop heaps of injuries again because if we don't, you cannot draw a line through our early season form and the players we were already missing and conclude we aren't a premiership hope in 2015, especially factoring natural, reasonable improvement by 8-10 players which isn't countered by any natural, reasonable decline at all.

Great post RB

of course it'd be sensational if we were to climb back into the top four. there are so many variables that are out of our control and with the comp expected to tighten up again the probability of achieving that reduces.

will our third and fourth year plays take the next step? how will our trades perform? how will coming back from injury affect the performance and confidence of those players who have had some time off?

only two games separated 7th and 12th with a three game gap to 13th. port and north should improve on their 5th & 6th spots respectively. gcs should improve. essendon are an unknown quantity due to the asada notices. adelaide and west coast could go either way. then, of course, there is the draw/fixture which comes out on thursday.

if we get fewer injuries i anticipate a 5-10 finish (more likely 7th to 9th) and back in the top four in 2016.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:21 am

John Wren wrote:
Breadcrawl wrote:
People who think we can't make the four must be assuming that we will cop heaps of injuries again because if we don't, you cannot draw a line through our early season form and the players we were already missing and conclude we aren't a premiership hope in 2015, especially factoring natural, reasonable improvement by 8-10 players which isn't countered by any natural, reasonable decline at all.

Great post RB

of course it'd be sensational if we were to climb back into the top four. there are so many variables that are out of our control and with the comp expected to tighten up again the probability of achieving that reduces.

will our third and fourth year plays take the next step? how will our trades perform? how will coming back from injury affect the performance and confidence of those players who have had some time off?

only two games separated 7th and 12th with a three game gap to 13th. port and north should improve on their 5th & 6th spots respectively. gcs should improve. essendon are an unknown quantity due to the asada notices. adelaide and west coast could go either way. then, of course, there is the draw/fixture which comes out on thursday.

if we get fewer injuries i anticipate a 5-10 finish (more likely 7th to 9th) and back in the top four in 2016.

Go on then, be a killjoy, burst our bubble, and all you can base that on is logical rational thinking... bah-humbug!
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:57 pm

Mods - this thread should really be in the 'General Discussion' area. I posted it here by mistake.
Breadcrawl 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:51 pm

We were 8-3 without Reid or any contribution from Freeman or Scharenburg, or Karnezis.

We lose Ball, Lumumba, Beams and Maxwell, in particular Maxy is a loss as our downturn in form clearly suggests. But we have new recruits for 2015 coming out our earholes.

Freeman, Karnezis and Marsh are all likely to debut this year, then add the guys we add to the list this year - Crisp and Greenwood with some kays in their legs already, ready to go, and our pick 5 and Moore hopefully see more game time than our 6 and 10 did last year.

Now factor in that Toovs is back for his second year since the knee, and Brown is in this department too. Reid and Fasolo should make more worthy contributions, injury permitting.

NOW, add the improvement we should absolutely be expecting from our third and fourth year players, of which there are a couple of handfulls. A couple of them are ready to break out into the elite level of the comp IMO (I'll stick my neck out and name Elliott, Seedsman and Broomhead). Steele has every right to get even better, too.

In Feb I predicted that we'd finish 5-8 and lose our only final. I was wrong, but it isn't like I expect us to win the flag every year.

I think we've kept a little powder dry in each of the past two seasons. I realise this view is unpopular and I'm not trying to talk anyone else into it, but it gives me a little more confidence going into 2015.

Bucks can't afford anything less than the best onfield results possible next year. So I think we'll be having a Red Hot Crack. If we don't 'win a lot more than we lose' I'll be bitterly disappointed.

I won't start white-anting the coach or over-using stupid labels applied to different categories of supporter or anything, regurgitating the same useless statements in a Groundhog Day debate of utter futility - but I'll be bitterly disappointed.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:00 pm

Breadcrawl wrote:
We were 8-3 without Reid or any contribution from Freeman or Scharenburg, or Karnezis.

We lose Ball, Lumumba, Beams and Maxwell, in particular Maxy is a loss as our downturn in form clearly suggests. But we have new recruits for 2015 coming out our earholes.

Freeman, Karnezis and Marsh are all likely to debut this year, then add the guys we add to the list this year - Crisp and Greenwood with some kays in their legs already, ready to go, and our pick 5 and Moore hopefully see more game time than our 6 and 10 did last year.

Now factor in that Toovs is back for his second year since the knee, and Brown is in this department too. Reid and Fasolo should make more worthy contributions, injury permitting.

NOW, add the improvement we should absolutely be expecting from our third and fourth year players, of which there are a couple of handfulls. A couple of them are ready to break out into the elite level of the comp IMO (I'll stick my neck out and name Elliott, Seedsman and Broomhead). Steele has every right to get even better, too.

In Feb I predicted that we'd finish 5-8 and lose our only final. I was wrong, but it isn't like I expect us to win the flag every year.

I think we've kept a little powder dry in each of the past two seasons. I realise this view is unpopular and I'm not trying to talk anyone else into it, but it gives me a little more confidence going into 2015.

Bucks can't afford anything less than the best onfield results possible next year. So I think we'll be having a Red Hot Crack. If we don't 'win a lot more than we lose' I'll be bitterly disappointed.

I won't start white-anting the coach or over-using stupid labels applied to different categories of supporter or anything, regurgitating the same useless statements in a Groundhog Day debate of utter futility - but I'll be bitterly disappointed.

Can't argue with that.
skaman Taurus

One step beyond.......

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:02 pm

No love for Varcoe Bready?
Breadcrawl 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:37 pm

Oops forgot Varcoe. Also left him out of my Round 1 side.

No intentional, I think he's a good pickup and is another reason we can let ourselves indulge in high hopes IMO.

Cheers skaman Smile

skaman Taurus

One step beyond.......

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:39 pm

Breadcrawl wrote:
Oops forgot Varcoe. Also left him out of my Round 1 side.

No intentional, I think he's a good pickup and is another reason we can let ourselves indulge in high hopes IMO.

Cheers skaman Smile

Im probably on the outer here, but I think Varcoe may be slightly better than serviceable. Crisp and Greenwood even better. Here's hoping! Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: