Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Cheersquad Rules - What a Joke

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darkstranger 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:44 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Care factor ZERO about the Cheersquad.. Every single one of these mobs are an embarrassment to the AFL.

Nothing worse seeing a Grown person with a banner and team make up on...just stay home please.
King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:14 pm

Didn't that document say "2014" in the heading????
Changes are a comin' we're told.......

Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:48 am

Darkstranger wrote:
Care factor ZERO about the Cheersquad.. Every single one of these mobs are an embarrassment to the AFL.

Nothing worse seeing a Grown person with a banner and team make up on...just stay home please.

Yellow Pages for you my freind search Hoyts Cinemas for Theatre Goers Smile

joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:53 am

King Monkey wrote:

Yes correct that was the season gone Rules and Regulations...Forget the brand we the Collingwood supporter made the brand, You dont alter the brand if you do, you do so with dire consequences, Let Collingwood people be Collingwood people............... supporting ummm Collingwood!!

If one gets what im trying to say Smile

Merry Christmas

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:45 am

The Collingwood cheer squad brand has had more new starts than St kilda/Footscray have had over the past 15 years.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:34 am

stoliboy wrote:
How about an active area like in the soccer. If you sit in that area expect standing, singing and chanting.

A Cheersquad criteria like that that doesn't take into consideration those who want to cheer loudly, etc and be more about control is never going to work.

The soccer ends have more independence.

I like the active area suggestion
I always stand behind the city end so yelling and jumping
up and down is not an issue for us standing.

King Malta Leo

RIP Flip

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:47 am

stoliboy wrote:
How about an active area like in the soccer. If you sit in that area expect standing, singing and chanting.

A Cheersquad criteria like that that doesn't take into consideration those who want to cheer loudly, etc and be more about control is never going to work.

The soccer ends have more independence.

I personally think it'd be a great idea, and while there are some who wouldn't, the beauty of it is that if you don't want to support your team in that manner you don't have to sit there but if you do you can. I think that culture is what Joffa and the club are trying to drive with this new Barracker's end.

The independence in soccer Active Areas actually comes from these groups being separate from the club. So while there is cooperation and communication between the two groups they are run autonomously and their leadership originates from within, rather than dictated terms from the football club.
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:46 pm

Darkstranger wrote:

How does it effect you what they do? Don't be a judgmental tosser.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:38 pm

From all the reports I've heard our CS is a shadow of it's former self, surely getting the numbers-passion back should be the priority.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:40 pm
Post subject: HeyReply with quote

joffa corfe wrote:
King Monkey wrote:

Yes correct that was the season gone Rules and Regulations...Forget the brand we the Collingwood supporter made the brand, You dont alter the brand if you do, you do so with dire consequences, Let Collingwood people be Collingwood people............... supporting ummm Collingwood!!

If one gets what im trying to say Smile

Merry Christmas

Simple tell the Club and its rules to stick it up where the sun don't shine. Who wants to be a member of the pussy galore micro managed anti fun no passion cheer squad anyway.

Come and join the Anti Corporate AFL cheer squad where I sit. No rules there. Security are shit scared to come near us. Other Clubs fear us. The Collingwood Corporates are denying we exist.

yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:46 am

So I assume Hiss you are the CEO of the ACACS...?

Do you spend time coming up with hippy chants that 'Fight the Power' etc. It doesn't seem that you are that Collingwood-centric in your 'anti-capitalism' stance, however I am partial to your grass roots approach - if there is some grass getting passed about Smile

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:09 pm

Jeeeesus, what next, by golly, the old cheersquad back in the 70s out at Vic Park, pre joffa, under a guy named Bugsy Vinnicombe, now there was one hell of a passionate, crazy, roaring, squad, that put the fear of god into other fans and Opposition players, down the yarra falls end, where my mates an I stood with our eskies full of piss. ! Now those were the days, these airy fairy goodie two shoes types now would have shit their pants with that cheer squad. ! They even sent the Dons floggers on fire, oneday out there, in the early 70s, nearly caused a riot. Ahh, the memoires !

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:47 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Jeeeesus, what next, by golly, the old cheersquad back in the 70s out at Vic Park, pre joffa, under a guy named Bugsy Vinnicombe, now there was one hell of a passionate, crazy, roaring, squad, that put the fear of god into other fans and Opposition players, down the yarra falls end, where my mates an I stood with our eskies full of piss. ! Now those were the days, these airy fairy goodie two shoes types now would have shit their pants with that cheer squad. ! They even sent the Dons floggers on fire, oneday out there, in the early 70s, nearly caused a riot. Ahh, the memoires !

The yarra falls end come rain hail or shine was nirvana!
There was no text anti social behaviour signs anywhere!
The beer and pie shop was right behind you!
The comments from the crowd were amazing and constant
Don Scott from Hawthorn copped it badly.
It had its limitations but if you asked me which did
I prefer- the mcg or the yarra falls end - no comparison!
PS I know the person who set them ( floggers ) on fire and it was a girl!

Last edited by thompsoc on Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:48 pm

Piesnchess wrote:

The real men used to stand at the other end of the ground, none of those fancy seats there.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:55 pm

I hold a very strong view that we are over ruled and over governed in this country and this is a direct result of the do gooders and politically correct types who have no worldly experience sitting up there ion the ivory towers making rules to protect us from ourselves. This is certainly one of my pet hates.

All the same I believe the club has a degree of duty of care in who it allows to join the cheer squad. The working with children requirement is valid in my opinion. The last thing I would every want to see is convicted sex offenders in our cheer squad communicating with and influencing young teenagers and children. In years past society had too much faith in adults of this nature and we know now that that was very naïve.

At the other spectrum the last thing we need is some drunken fool giving us all a bad reputation due to his obnoxious, aggressive and offensive behaviour.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4   

Jump to: