Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Collingwood Acts on Fitness and Medical Teams

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:15 pm
Post subject: Collingwood Acts on Fitness and Medical TeamsReply with quote

Bill Davoren keeps his job, but the doctor has gone as has the strength and conditioning coach. At least they've acted eventually!

Www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/Collingwood-overhauls-fitness-and-medical-department-in-bid-to-beat-injury-curse/story-fni5f6hd-1227094710500

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:28 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Something had to change.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:12 pm

Great stuff.

Dr Bradshaw is being sued currently by former Geelong Footballer Mathew Egan who damaged his feet (a promising CHB) at Geelong some years ago. As I understand it Dr Bradshaw is being named as a defendant.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/former-cat-matthew-egan-takes-legal-action-over-foot-injury-20140826-108kib.html

Dr Bradshaw is highly respected as I understand it as a sports physician.

Looks like the good Dr been at Tigerland & the EPL as well if it's the same guy (which I think it is):

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2004/01/30/1075340842548.html?from=storyrhs

Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:18 pm

The really sinister part of the story was this, "The club has frequently increased year-on-year football spending but has been forced to make key cost cuts to prevent going over the leagues new footy tax."

So Collingwood is taxed and that money, our money, yours and my money, is paid to North who played finals and the Saints who sack coach after coach, with pay out after payout adding to their permanent state of bankruptcy. Let's not forget that permanent welfare recipient, the Western Bulldogs, who sack a coach forcing a two year pay-out and sign a young bloke on a million a year. This equalisation policy is a crock and we should all be very angry about it.

Breadcrawl 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:26 pm

Don't forget the guys who just poached our second best player, whose salary we will effectively keep paying via taxes on us to fund handouts for them
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:37 am

When did Sidebottom go? Did I miss that?
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:37 am

Hahahaha well done!
September Zeros 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:23 am

Neil Appleby wrote:
The really sinister part of the story was this, "The club has frequently increased year-on-year football spending but has been forced to make key cost cuts to prevent going over the leagues new footy tax."

So Collingwood is taxed and that money, our money, yours and my money, is paid to North who played finals and the Saints who sack coach after coach, with pay out after payout adding to their permanent state of bankruptcy. Let's not forget that permanent welfare recipient, the Western Bulldogs, who sack a coach forcing a two year pay-out and sign a young bloke on a million a year. This equalisation policy is a crock and we should all be very angry about it.

Correct weight Neil.

You can argue whether we are the most successful, you can argue whether we're the biggest, but you can't argue that we are not in the top 1 or 2 most wealthy clubs in the country. Yet it means very little if we can't use that fact to our advantage. It's very wrong IMO.

THE AFL seems to love handicapping us at every turn to keep us back in the pack. Why should we put up with it? Why does the club put up with it. Next thing they'll be capping memberships.

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:32 am

The AFL's efforts last year certainly had an impact on the number of members attending Collingwood games with their ridiculous scheduling. I suspect that that was by design. Potentially our membership earnings will be down next year for a few reasons including he one listed above. Not only will we be taxed but we could potentially have a drop in earnings.

Last edited by Member 7167 on Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Redlight 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:00 am

Neil Appleby wrote:

This bothers me too. The club has decided to cut spending so that they don't have to pay the tax, it's an effort to subvert the new system. I get why they're doing it but, frankly, I'd rather they just spent what they wanted to and copped the tax. I'm concerned that the club is cutting off it's nose to spite it's face.
roar 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:17 am

I'd rather they spend more if it's going to improve the team. Just pay the friggin tax. Winning flags is all that matters.
Darkstranger 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:20 am

The AFL wouldn't want to see Collingwood strike or lead a revolt.....would they?
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:56 am

Darkstranger wrote:
The AFL wouldn't want to see Collingwood strike or lead a revolt.....would they?

The AFL want interstate success in non Aussie rules states such as Qld and NSW. Their focus in on a national competition and the success of clubs like Collingwood are contrary to their ambitions.

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:47 pm

roar wrote:
I'd rather they spend more if it's going to improve the team. Just pay the friggin tax. Winning flags is all that matters.

Absolutely correct.

OEP Pisces

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:54 pm

Redlight wrote:
Neil Appleby wrote:

This bothers me too. The club has decided to cut spending so that they don't have to pay the tax, it's an effort to subvert the new system. I get why they're doing it but, frankly, I'd rather they just spent what they wanted to and copped the tax. I'm concerned that the club is cutting off it's nose to spite it's face.

I've been of the opinion for a while that Collingwood should float a proposal to the AFL, through the media, that this ridiculous "tax" money grab be sent to a worthwhile charity like Variety, The Smiths Family, Starlight Children's Foundation, Make-a-Wish Foundation, etc instead of mismanaged football clubs.

If the AFL really wants to persist with this "tax" then let's put the money they make to good use. Maybe then clubs like Collingwood would be more inclined to overspend and pay the tax and supporters like myself would be happy to see that money flow through to these organizations.

My two cents.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: