Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pro and Con's of 2014 Trade Week

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mattdally 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:20 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

not sure about the small forward need?
i would have thought we have an abundance with Elliott, Broomhead, Kennedy, Blair, Fasolo we have that position covered.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:05 am

John Wren wrote:
Damien wrote:
The guys on AFL.com gave us a B- which is a pretty solid score in anyone's language.

Terry Wallace has been shit canning us on trade radio and SEN. Saying it was some sort of disaster for us. His voice fair dinkum makes my ears bleed. Imagine listening to that all day. Really knows Jack shit about it as far as I'm concerned. Needs another Rod Grinter coat hanger!

i disagree with your assertion about wallace. i'd take on board his views a lot faster than the vast majority on here. ultimately, it is just one opinion in a sea of opinions. he gave us a d minus which i thought was a touch harsh but i don't think we were a b minus. dwayne russell said we had a stellar trade period. what you think of wallace is how i think of russell.

we were very much hamstrung with what we could get for beams given we only really had one team we could deal with. the giants made a mockery of stating that x player was not for trade. this showed up brisbane but they held their ground. to have considered to have done really well we needed to have secured an aish type.

Wallace & King are 2 that I think know there shoit and generally make balanced assessments.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:18 am

This process of rating trading periods is all very subjective. Will always be assessed down when you lose established senior players and replace them with lesser known types. That changes completely if Crisp has a breakout year and Greenwood and Varcoe at a minimum maintain their 2014 form.

Ask me again this time next year and I'll let you know what I think.
melliot 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:59 am

Tannin wrote:
melliot wrote:
an experienced player in our back 6 is really needed

Would you feel better if I promised you, hand on heart, that the total experience in our back half would improve rapidly in 2015? Trust me on this: every single week, even if we go in with youngsters like Frost, Keefe, Williams, Langdon, Seedsman and Sinclair, our total back half experience will increase by an amazing six games in every single round of 2015.

It could be a case of the "blind leading the blind".
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:03 am

jackcass wrote:
This process of rating trading periods is all very subjective. Will always be assessed down when you lose established senior players and replace them with lesser known types. That changes completely if Crisp has a breakout year and Greenwood and Varcoe at a minimum maintain their 2014 form.

Ask me again this time next year and I'll let you know what I think.

Very True. How we look at it now could be totally Different in year time and longer

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:03 pm

Wallace preferred Tambling over Buddy Franklin. Laughing
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:58 pm

I read somewhere this morning (can't remember where), a review of all teams trading and we were rated as achieving 8/10.

Considering there was an article just prior to trade week predicting we'd be the big losers, I reckon that's a glowing endorsement of what our club achieved.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:28 pm

Wokko wrote:
Wallace preferred Tambling over Buddy Franklin. Laughing

A lot of recruiters were probably thinking the same thing, particularly if the club need was for midfield pace rather than KPPs, hardly defines him as a commentator.
melliot 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:04 pm

Do we credit Buckley for drafting or Hine?
Do we blame Buckley for drafting or Hine?

(Note: I request a sensible answers to these questions, not a ""perceptive fellow"" or "Bux is amazing" bias answer!) Smile

It's the head recruiters job, not the coaches. So why is the Tambling v Buddy drafting Wallace's mistake?
melliot 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:05 pm

^WHAT????!!!!

We can't type "S a d S a c k s" anymore it's an auto replacement with "perceptive fellow"

Last edited by melliot on Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
melliot 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:07 pm

^ worlds gone mad!
King Malta Leo

RIP Flip

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:40 pm

melliot wrote:
Do we credit Buckley for drafting or Hine?
Do we blame Buckley for drafting or Hine?

(Note: I request a sensible answers to these questions, not a ""perceptive fellow"" or "Bux is amazing" bias answer!) Smile

It's the head recruiters job, not the coaches. So why is the Tambling v Buddy drafting Wallace's mistake?

In all fairness I think it's a combination of both, but tilted more towards the recruitment department now than perhaps when Wallace was in charge of the Tigers.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:03 pm

I think recruiting departments now have far more responsibility than they did back when Wallace was a coach but ultimately it remains the coaches bag to carry.

Tambling turned out to be a bust but I recall at the time everyone was salivating at the prospect of drafting him. He and Delidio should have formed the nucleus of a very handy midfield.

Unless I'm mistaken that was the year we took Egan, passing on Lewis. Not to mention trading pick 37 (LeCras) for Morrison.

So let he who is without sin cast the first stone!
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:08 am

I really don't like Dwayne Russell's commentary, I found him annoying. Having said that I'm surprised to find myself linking him here. He thought Collingwood was the trade winner. Here are his reasons:

http://media.mytalk.com.au/3AW/audio/161014-dwaynepies.mp3

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:16 am

watt price tully wrote:
I really don't like Dwayne Russell's commentary, I found him annoying. Having said that I'm surprised to find myself linking him here. He thought Collingwood was the trade winner. Here are his reasons:

http://media.mytalk.com.au/3AW/audio/161014-dwaynepies.mp3

One of the more biased anti-Collingwood commentators so this must have been tough for him. Interesting that he really rates Crisp and I guess that highlights why people arrive at differing assessments, we all have our own opininions on the relative merits of the players in question.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: