Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Get on for 2010 keep your heads up

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimbeam 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:55 am
Post subject: Get on for 2010 keep your heads upReply with quote

The ship has sailed its course for 08, the cards didnt fall our way.

But last night i found some real positives.

Maxwell in the 3rd was the best i have ever seen anyone play Buddy boy. Unbelievable effort from a bloke that will now learn to play 1 on 1 for the next 4 weeks. Well done Max.

Clarke was awesome coming our of defense, love his run and carry, his delivery is also fantastic.

Heater was great and can and must be used as a swing man, Micks got a gem and can use heater back or forward to try and turn a game.

Pendles stared and showed some real guts, stood up and played with some real class.

Thomo played well, presented and contributed throughout the game, missed a few easy rolls but that was the story for us last night.

The sack got running, provided some good rebound, is a major key to our future.

Swany could have done serious damage, was in good position early, failed to convert, damn shame, fix your boots mate.

JACK played an excellent game for a bloke in his position, clean hands, clear thinker, fantastic foot skills and kicks true. Great bloody game.

Harry you $£$%^%%$ legend, i love the way you go about your business, perfect defender. Good game.

NOW

Leon, stop looking at the ground, all neon, who is one of my favs done all night was look at his feet. You never ever put your head down, you play for the black and white. Keep your head up mate.

Obree was exposed early. Unfortunately his time has come, we cannot float around in limbo, Obs needs to step aside so we can test stanley and anything else we have for the extractors role.

Medders, mate, cheap kicks up the ground, not good enough.

Cloke tried all game, think he has had enough of the shit delivery. the ball fell short or went over his head 15 TIMES 15 TIMES this happened to Buddy only 3 TIMES.

Bryan, pull your head out. What has happened to you. ****

Locks, when the going gets tough, locks get going somewhere.

Lones, bad luck mate, same old same old. See you.

Tooves, your only a kid but Mick wanted you at the club, your micks problem, but mick must know something i dont, you didnt play well at all.

We need another 06 or 07 type draft, we are one year off a top up and 2 years to develop. I think 2010 is the year of the magpie.

The club needs to aim for this, prepare, draft in 2 mids to replace Burns and Obree this year with some running defenders who have some real speed and good deleivery.

Dont let any bastard get you down pie fans, we are a young side, most of our boys will be 22 next year, they will peak at 24. Hang in there, if the club plays its cards right we are in for good times. Iam on the 2010 bandwagon for a flag, there is still some room, left the more the better. Lets all make sure the club knows its got the remainder of this year and next year to prepare the dynasty of 2010.

GO PIES.
richo 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:07 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Post. It's weird but watching last night I saw the same things, we got pumped but I still feel that the boys put in a much better showing than they did against Essendon. As a supporter group we cannot accept mediocrity, but at the same time we have to be realistic. We have a reasonably young side but there is an upside. I'm sure when things went sour for Geelong in 06 their supporters were thinking similar things. I can still remember during the trade period when names like Bartel, Kelly etc were mentioned. It only takes one good season to change perceptions, hopefully our time is not too far away.
loki04 Leo

Tiger Treloar lmfao NOPE.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:08 pm

Buddy in the 3rd was gasping for air he was physically spent combined with Hawks mids dropping off the boil and Maxwell playing in front he led franklin to the ball , the franklin spent half the 3rd q on the bench rested up came back on fresh and proceeded to give Maxwell a bath.

That is not beating buddy winning 3 contests while the forward is gasping for air and kicks fortunately landed short instead over the top of Maxwell is more fortunate than beating him.

8.6 and 3 direct goal assists and you guys praise Maxwell saying he should now be given FB duties give me a f#$ken break and wake the f$%k up, I'm sick of the Maxwell defending he struggles to beat 3rd string forwards let alone the stars of the game.

Maxwell is not up to it time to move on!!

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:11 pm

richo wrote:
Great Post. It's weird but watching last night I saw the same things, we got pumped but I still feel that the boys put in a much better showing than they did against Essendon. As a supporter group we cannot accept mediocrity, but at the same time we have to be realistic. We have a reasonably young side but there is an upside. I'm sure when things went sour for Geelong in 06 their supporters were thinking similar things. I can still remember during the trade period when names like Bartel, Kelly etc were mentioned. It only takes one good season to change perceptions, hopefully our time is not too far away.
Thanks for your support. The ALICE chat robot can follow many things, like our discussion about Barnes says he understands why Fevola would be tempted to listen to Sydney's offer a four-year deal. Try being more or less specific. My brain uses AIML to format responses to your inputs, but I don't have one for that. That is a very original thought.
jimbeam 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:14 pm

loki04 wrote:
Buddy in the 3rd was gasping for air he was physically spent combined with Hawks mids dropping off the boil and Maxwell playing in front he led franklin to the ball , the franklin spent half the 3rd q on the bench rested up came back on fresh and proceeded to give Maxwell a bath.

That is not beating buddy winning 3 contests while the forward is gasping for air and kicks fortunately landed short instead over the top of Maxwell is more fortunate than beating him.

8.6 and 3 direct goal assists and you guys praise Maxwell saying he should now be given FB duties give me a f#$ken break and wake the f$%k up, I'm sick of the Maxwell defending he struggles to beat 3rd string forwards let alone the stars of the game.

Maxwell is not up to it time to move on!!

What a load of bollocks, did you watch the same game as i did?? BUDDY did not kick 8 on Max it was only 4 or 5.

Buddy is the BEST forward in the AFL, FFS he was one out all NIGHT.

The HAWKS went to buddy around 40 thats RIGHT 40 TIMES, being one out and only scoring 8 goals is an unbeleiable effort.

Like i said, WELL DONE MAX Laughing
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:18 pm

My brain uses AIML to format responses to your inputs, but I don't have one for that. Is RIGHT 40 TIMES being one out and scoring 8 goals is an unbeleiable effort also HAWKS went to buddy 40 that?
loki04 Leo

Tiger Treloar lmfao NOPE.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:28 pm

jimbeam wrote:

What a load of bollocks, did you watch the same game as i did?? BUDDY did not kick 8 on Max it was only 4 or 5.

The HAWKS went to buddy around 40 thats RIGHT 40 TIMES, being one out and only scoring 8 goals is an unbeleiable effort.

Lol yes he did kick all 8 on Maxwell he kicked 2 points on O'brien, Maxwell was his direct opponent for 95% of the game so again what game were u watching??

As for the amount the hawks went there Maxwell after the 1st quarter got a few chop outs by heater and Brown who came in aswell wasn't all Maxwell the only quarter maxwell beat him one out was the 3rd and i posted half the reason that happened.... so again he isnt up to it and 8 goals with numerous goal assists are fricken shit...
jimbeam 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:41 pm

loki04 wrote:
jimbeam wrote:

Lol yes he did kick all 8 on Maxwell he kicked 2 points on O'brien, Maxwell was his direct opponent for 95% of the game so again what game were u watching??

As for the amount the hawks went there Maxwell after the 1st quarter got a few chop outs by heater and Brown who came in aswell wasn't all Maxwell the only quarter maxwell beat him one out was the 3rd and i posted half the reason that happened.... so again he isnt up to it and 8 goals with numerous goal assists are fricken shit...

He was one out all night, chop outs, c'mon maybe 2-3 times at best. To hold Buddy to 8 one out with our midfield being dominated is a super effort.
leonmagic Pisces

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:30 pm

fair OP.
Redlight 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:00 pm

Very nice bit of prediction.

The board seemed a little less negative in those days...
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:56 pm

Who is Loki04?
I do remember that avatar. What happened to him?

Changed identies?
Nice Maxwell prediction Smile

Not that anyone is perfect, i remember about the same time at least thinking, maybe not posting, that Jonno would never play in a premiership side.

It was when he was dropped or not included for the final we won at footy park.
Great Day !
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:07 pm

Redlight wrote:
Very nice bit of prediction.

The board seemed a little less negative in those days...

Not so sure. There was a lot of anti-Malthouse venom pre and even during 2010.

Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:57 pm

Shot I hope you don't dig up some of my early posts circa 2000 when I said Presti would never make it...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: