Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Present number on the senior list

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:42 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

inxs88 wrote:
A small problem with our list like many other clubs is the surplus of "Half back flankers";

* Seedsman
* Young
* Toovey
* Sinclair
* Goldsack
* Marley
* Ramsay
* Langdon
* Oxley
* Armstrong

Half back is the spot that those with mid field and offensive flaws tend to gravitate to as a rule of thumb. If we have to delist, this may be the area we need to trim.

Tooves is probably the only one of those players limited to a defensive role and even he could probably still assume a run-with midfield role.
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:50 pm

jackcass wrote:
Yep, if you start with a list of 38, you have 2, 39-1, 40-0.

Thanks LP.

Is Pick 48 worth anything? Can we find a trade for it, even 30+48 for 29+99 would be to our benefit if we are only going to use the pick to do a rookie upgrade anyway.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:54 pm

Culprit wrote:
My thoughts are we have offered up a few players as potential trades as bait to see if any club will bite. When is the cut off for delistings?

There appear to be four dates for list lodgements. November 13 is the one that precedes the draft (the first date is 31 October) but I think the way it works is that you can draft, then delist with the third (or perhaps 4th) list lodgement.

See here from the stickied thread near the top of this forum:
MOTR wrote:
Friday August 1, by 2pm - Draft-eligible Academy player nominations lodged

Friday October 3 - NAB AFL restricted free agency offer and unrestricted free agency period begins

Friday October 3, by 2pm - NAB AFL father/son bidding nominations; Academy bidding nominations lodged with AFL

Monday October 6, 10am - Father/son and Academy players bidding meeting; NAB AFL Trade Period begins

Monday October 13, at 5pm - Close of NAB AFL restricted free Agency offer and unrestricted free agency period

Thursday October 16 - NAB AFL restricted free agency matching offer three-day period ends

Friday October 17, at 2pm - NAB AFL Trade Period closes

Friday October 31, by 2pm - List lodgement (1); Rookie promotion to primary list; Retained second and third-year rookies; Scholarship players; Alternate talent player nominations, Total player payment (TPP) estimates.

Saturday November 1 - NAB AFL delisted player free agency period (1) begins

Wednesday November 12 - NAB AFL delisted player free agency period (1) closes; Out of contract listed AFL primary list players draft nomination form and player request for removal from list form Lodged with AFL; New or expired (after three years) draft nomination form lodgement.

Thursday November 13, by 2pm - List lodgement (2).

Friday November 14 - AFL delisted player free agency period (2) begins

Wednesday November 19 - Delisted primary list draft nomination form lodgement; Non–retained rookie players draft nomination form lodgement; Players not registered or played for three years rookie nomination. NAB AFL delisted player free agency period (2) closes

Thursday November 27 - NAB AFL Draft selection meeting (Gold Coast Convention Centre).

Friday November 28 - NAB AFL delisted free agency Period (3) begins

Monday December 1 - AFL delisted player free agency period (3) ends. AFL club list lodgement (3) and TPP estimates. International players inclusion on rookie list form; Scholarship players rookie list form lodged; Father/son and Academy pre-selected rookie nominations.

Wednesday December 3 - NAB AFL Pre-Season Draft selection meeting (11am); Notification of pre-selected rookies nominated on Monday November 25 if not selected in the pre-season draft (11.05am); NAB AFL Rookie Draft selection meeting (11.10am)

Monday December 5 – Final club list lodgement

Friday December 12, by 2pm - International players inclusion on rookie list
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:59 pm

Tannin wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Yep, if you start with a list of 38, you have 2, 39-1, 40-0.

Thanks LP.

Is Pick 48 worth anything? Can we find a trade for it, even 30+48 for 29+99 would be to our benefit if we are only going to use the pick to do a rookie upgrade anyway.

We actually have two very late picks, either of which would do for a rookie upgrade, so we don't really need a 99. It would certainly be good to improve 48, if that were possible.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:07 pm

Thanks Pies4shaw, I guess we will know tomorrow night what the club is cooking. A player and a high pick for a lower pick maybe?
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:35 am

I hope the Club gives Ramsay more time. He was the 2nd youngest draftee in his year and has still not turned 20. He has consistently looked like he could make a good quality senior player in his VFL games and he seemed to perform creditably when he finally got a senior game late in the year. I know he's no certainty to become a star but he clearly has talent that we could regret losing.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:11 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
I hope the Club gives Ramsay more time. He was the 2nd youngest draftee in his year and has still not turned 20. He has consistently looked like he could make a good quality senior player in his VFL games and he seemed to perform creditably when he finally got a senior game late in the year. I know he's no certainty to become a star but he clearly has talent that we could regret losing.
The only thing going against Ramsey is his lack of physical presence. You can't put 25 kilos of muscle on a guy overnight. Oh, yes you can; ask Essendon. Razz
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:09 pm

Having just had a look at the Collingwood list we currently have 40 senior listed players including Greenwood, Varcoe, Crisp and Moore.

40 is the maximum is it not?

Out of the 40 senior listed players 3 players in Frost, Gault and Oxley could all be returned to the rookie list if I'm correct in my assumption.

That would leave us with up to 3 live selections on draft day.

Now hang on what about Frost I hear you say.

Yes you would suggest he's all but guaranteed to be upgraded to the senior list permanently on draft day as he deserves to be.

This would leave us with only 2 live selections at 5 and 30 unless further delistings occur.

But given that Scharenberg will most likely be added to the LTI list at the earliest point available could we take the option of returning Frost to the rookie list thus allowing us to have 3 selections on draft day as well as Frost then being available for senior selection at round 1?

If we enter the season with 40 senior listed players does that mean we can't have a preseason or late season rookie upgrade and would have to rely on a LTI solely to see one occur?

Is 40 the maximum you can ever have at any one time during the year on the senior list or is it 40 plus these early and late season rookie upgrades available to all sides?

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:32 pm

swoop42 wrote:
Having just had a look at the Collingwood list we currently have 40 senior listed players including Greenwood, Varcoe, Crisp and Moore.

Out of the 40 senior listed players 3 players in Frost, Gault and Oxley could all be returned to the rookie list if I'm correct in my assumption.

Yes you would suggest he's all but guaranteed to be upgraded to the senior list permanently on draft day as he deserves to be.

This would leave us with only 2 live selections at 5 and 30 unless further delistings occur.

But given that Scharenberg will most likely be added to the LTI list at the earliest point available could we take the option of returning Frost to the rookie list thus allowing us to have 3 selections on draft day as well as Frost then being available for senior selection at round 1?

If we enter the season with 40 senior listed players does that mean we can't have a preseason or late season rookie upgrade and would have to rely on a LTI solely to see one occur?

Is 40 the maximum you can ever have at any one time during the year on the senior list or is it 40 plus these early and late season rookie upgrades available to all sides?

That's right. We started 2014 with a senior list of 39 which included Oxley (no longer a rookie), upgraded Hudson to the 40th spot. Changes following trades as listed below with vacancies in red:

Ball - Greenwood
Beams - Varcoe
Clarke - Crisp
Lumumba - Moore
Lynch - Pick 5
Maxy - Pick 30
Senior 40 - Frost (assumed upgrade)

Hudson - Rookie 1
Martin - Rookie 2
Yagmoor - Rookie 3

Mooney was a Cat B in 2014.

Happy to be corrected.

Not sure about mid season rookie upgrades and whether they allow the senior list to go beyond 40.
roar 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:48 pm

Culprit wrote:
A player and a high pick for a lower pick maybe?

That's what I'm hoping for.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:52 pm

roar wrote:
Culprit wrote:

Too late now.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:00 pm

jackcass wrote:
roar wrote:
Culprit wrote:

Too late now.

We really should have thrown it all in to get lower then pick 5, or as I said made 30 better by downgrading pick 5... now I honestly think that unless we're pretty lucky, both draft picks won't be really what we want or need - but hopefully I'm dead wrong.

roar 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:02 pm

Perhaps we did try and shop around our lesser lights but nobody was interested.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:22 pm

roar wrote:
Perhaps we did try and shop around our lesser lights but nobody was interested.

Looking at the picks, it appears the only clubs we could have dealt with our 5 & 30, are GWS 4, 6, 7, 23 but to them its only a very slight upgrade and a bit of a downgrade, or GCS 8 & 15... oh well, we could have always thrown in Blair as the steak knives... sigh.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:31 pm

jackcass wrote:
swoop42 wrote:

That's right. We started 2014 with a senior list of 39 which included Oxley (no longer a rookie), upgraded Hudson to the 40th spot. Changes following trades as listed below with vacancies in red:

Ball - Greenwood
Beams - Varcoe
Clarke - Crisp
Lumumba - Moore
Lynch - Pick 5
Maxy - Pick 30
Senior 40 - Frost (assumed upgrade)

Hudson - Rookie 1
Martin - Rookie 2
Yagmoor - Rookie 3

Mooney was a Cat B in 2014.

Happy to be corrected.

Not sure about mid season rookie upgrades and whether they allow the senior list to go beyond 40.

Oxley was a rookie upgrade at the start of the season so doesn't that mean we can once again place him on that list?

Pretty certain rookies have to be drafted on to the list at the national draft to become a permanent senior listed player.

To be able to make use of 5 and 30 we'll need to be able to rookie list Oxley and Gault.

To use pick 48 we'll need to rookie list Frost or delist someone else.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5   

Jump to: