Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Welcome to Collingwood Jack Crisp (awaiting official word)

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cityslick1 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:11 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Collingwood PR - Jack Crisp has the potential to be the next Josh Kennedy, with his size, hands and late development. Pick 25 will get Greenwood who is a ready made Beams replacement, PLUS a future star at pick 5.

Brians PR - Brisbane has pulled off the scoop of the trade period with a genuine gun, all aus, premiership winning future brownlow medalist in for pick 5 (in a v weak draft), plus a fringe player who was not in the club's long term plans. We extended this guy just to use as a make-weight in getting Beams. Pies were sucked in and we have huge smiles on our faces here.

Truth - At least a few of the Brissy fans are disappointed to lose Crisp, which gives me some hope. Greenwood looks a steal at 25, but the uncertainty of a standout pick 5 weakens our position in this trade imo
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:01 am

E wrote:
We basically have Pendles as the only elite mid left in our team (with any prime years left in his body - Swan is obviously elite too). We have a number of players who might become elite, but this is a massive step back for us in 2015. this is a three year move.

Taylor Adams says hello.

But you are right, of course, our mega-midfield is down to one genuine A-grader plus Swan; followed by good B-graders in Sidebottom (not exactly a midfielder, more a small utility) and ..... well, that's about it so far as proven midfield performers go. We have lost Ball (retired), Daisy (only borderline A-grade because of inconsistency but superb at his best pre-ankles and trade to Bluescum, Swan (age, but might have a last great cameo year in '15), Wellingham (very good in irregular patches, provided vital pace); and Johnson (don't underestimate the importance of BJ in his day). But Adams will be an A-grader, bet money on it. Plus we have to hope that a couple more will emerge from amongst Sidebottom, Seedsman, Scharenberg (more a utility type), Freeman (can he even get on the park?), possibly even Kennedy.

I prefer to see Broomhead and Elliott as gun forwards who have a run now and then. We have a bad habit of trying to turn every promising forward into a mid. It's no bloody wonder our forward structure sucks - anyone under 192cm gets shoved into the middle and we bring in kids and part-timers and expect them to beat the best defenders in the comp.

Deja Vu 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:07 am

Can Karnezis play through the middle?
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:23 am

Well, he can (and sometimes does) in the VFL. I think in the seniors, though, you'd want him closer to goal because he is a beautiful, generally accurate, long kick.
Breadcrawl 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:30 am

swoop42 wrote:
^If he offers all of the above then he can take Blair's spot.

I'm serious, his size would make him a more valuable player straight away in the same role that Blair according to his supporters occupies.

I agree. He was playing forward pocket/flank at the end of the season, getting 15-20 touches, 3-5 tackles and a goal a game.

I'd put him on the field over Blair, and when he finds himself as the hit-up target for some inexplicable reason he has a 190 cm frame and some contested marking ability.

Eventually you'd hope he becomes the tall strong mid we know we want, but for 2015 I am all for him taking Blair's spot in the 22.

The dude is 21. At the same age Beams and Swan had set no worlds alight - yet.

Welcome Jack - be all you can be mate

Breadcrawl 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:35 am

Deja Vu wrote:

Yes. 40+ possessions in the NEAFL a few times last year as I recall.

His last games at the Lions he was being used as a rangy link-up type outside mid.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:39 am

While Crisp is older and has had the advantage of being in the system for two years more when you compare his output this season to that of Aish it isn't so bad.

Granted his sample size of 6 games is small.

He averaged slightly more disposals than Aish and kicked 6.6 in 6 games while Aish achieved the same exact scoreboard impact in 21 games.

He mightn't end up being the spud people think.

Hine ain't no fool.

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:50 am

Breadcrawl wrote:
Deja Vu wrote:

Yes. 40+ possessions in the NEAFL a few times last year as I recall.

His last games at the Lions he was being used as a rangy link-up type outside mid.

we're gearing him up to be a pendles type midfielder. hopefully we start to see that towards the end of next year, early 2016.

Born to Pie 

Born to Pie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:51 am

swoop42 wrote:
While Crisp is older and has had the advantage of being in the system for two years more when you compare his output this season to that of Aish it isn't so bad.

Granted his sample size of 6 games is small.

He averaged slightly more disposals than Aish and kicked 6.6 in 6 games while Aish achieved the same exact scoreboard impact in 21 games.

He mightn't end up being the spud people think.

Hine ain't no fool.

And FWIW no one who played 6 games in 2014 rated higher than Crisp in AF points. And some fairly highly rated players who played more than 6 games finished with a lower total like Christian Salem (12 games) Taylor Hunt ( 7 games) Tom Boyd (9 games)

Breadcrawl 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:54 am

Salem was the perma-sub; played 1-1.5 quarters most games.

Just sayin'

jdpie1970 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:58 am

Tannin wrote:
E wrote:
We basically have Pendles as the only elite mid left in our team (with any prime years left in his body - Swan is obviously elite too). We have a number of players who might become elite, but this is a massive step back for us in 2015. this is a three year move.

Taylor Adams says hello.

But you are right, of course, our mega-midfield is down to one genuine A-grader plus Swan; followed by good B-graders in Sidebottom (not exactly a midfielder, more a small utility) and ..... well, that's about it so far as proven midfield performers go. We have lost Ball (retired), Daisy (only borderline A-grade because of inconsistency but superb at his best pre-ankles and trade to Bluescum, Swan (age, but might have a last great cameo year in '15), Wellingham (very good in irregular patches, provided vital pace); and Johnson (don't underestimate the importance of BJ in his day). But Adams will be an A-grader, bet money on it. Plus we have to hope that a couple more will emerge from amongst Sidebottom, Seedsman, Scharenberg (more a utility type), Freeman (can he even get on the park?), possibly even Kennedy.

I prefer to see Broomhead and Elliott as gun forwards who have a run now and then. We have a bad habit of trying to turn every promising forward into a mid. It's no bloody wonder our forward structure sucks - anyone under 192cm gets shoved into the middle and we bring in kids and part-timers and expect them to beat the best defenders in the comp.

Sidey is an A- grader in every statistical measure already and is by far our most complete 2-way player. Hopefully with the addition of Greenwood, another pre-season into Adams and the maturation of Broomhead we can have a solid, hard at it midfield group. I think Marley and Sinclair will also move into the midfield to add some pace and grunt. My only concern is there is a bit of polish missing on the outside and i have not seen anything in Seedsman that suggests he is going to step up.
jdpie1970 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:58 am

Tannin wrote:
E wrote:

Taylor Adams says hello.

Sidey is an A- grader in every statistical measure already and is by far our most complete 2-way player. Hopefully with the addition of Greenwood, another pre-season into Adams and the maturation of Broomhead we can have a solid, hard at it midfield group. I think Marley and Sinclair will also move into the midfield to add some pace and grunt. My only concern is there is a bit of polish missing on the outside and i have not seen anything in Seedsman that suggests he is going to step up.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:18 am

I'm happy to give Crisp a chance. Compare him to other big bodied midfielders like Kennedy, Watson, Mundy at the same age and he compares OK.

With him and Greenwood that's two hard bodies in the midfield and both have big motors.

Woods Of Ypres 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:21 am

I reckon we might get burnt by this Crisp deal.
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:21 am

He doesn't seem all that bad, seems to get enough of the ball in his limited games, and I doubt that the Lions would have wanted to keep him on a 2 year deal if they didn't think he was worthy of it.

Seems the only reason to trade was a reasonable offer from a Victorian club, so I am not too concerned. I was more shattered to lose Beams, but we're going to basically get Greenwood (established had a good year.), and Crisp (still young) plus a draft pick for him so it's not all bad.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: