Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Welcome to Collingwood Jack Crisp (awaiting official word)

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:56 pm
Post subject: Welcome to Collingwood Jack Crisp (awaiting official word)Reply with quote

It's happening, so I thought I'd give the kid a welcome instead of what I've been giving him most of the day.

Welcome young man, do us proud.

Jack Crisp completes Dayne Beams trade between Collingwood and Brisbane

Some videos for those among us who are not avid Brisbane fans (thanks to Breadcrawl):

Jack Crisp in action 1

Jack Crisp in action 2

Jack Crisp in action 3

Last edited by AN_Inkling on Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bucks2014 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:02 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes welcome Jack, let him train with Pendles over summer and see what he can do. I like the look of this kid. I think it helps that he can actually hit a target.

Remember, he could have chosen the Bombers, yes okay not really an option.

Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:11 pm

Bucks2014 wrote:
Yes welcome Jack, let him train with Pendles over summer and see what he can do. I like the look of this kid. I think it helps that he can actually hit a target.

Hit a target? Not according to the article passed in the OP:

COLLINGWOOD coach Nathan Buckley may face a tougher challenge to improve his team’s kicking accuracy next season.

The Pies ranked 15th for expected field kicking accuracy last season according to Champion Data, which measures each player’s actual accuracy against the expected rate.

Champion Data rate every kick based on its length, accuracy, field position and the pressure the player was under.

But each of the Pies’ three midfield trade targets rated below expected field kicking accuracy last season.

Varcoe rated - 4.6 per cent cent under the expected accuracy, while Jack Crisp (-7.3 per cent) and Levi Greenwood (-8.6 per cent) were also under the mark.

Crisp’s TAC Cup coach, Darren Ogier, said the midfielder had worked hard on his foot use.

“His kicking was something that we did work on and it seems to me that he has certainly been keen to improve in that area,” Ogier said.

“He wasn’t elite either, but he can certainly get it from A to B.

“Being in a system full-time it seems that he has continued to develop those skills.”

KICKING CONCERNS

Collingwood ranked 15th for expected field kicking accuracy this year.

Expected accuracy factors in the difficulty, position and length of each kick.

Collingwood’s three targetted recruits were rated by Champion Data as below average or poor for expected kicking accuracy

PLAYER PERCENTAGE CHAMPION DATA RANKING

Travis Varcoe minus 4.6 per cent (below expected accuracy) Below average

Jack Crisp minus 7.3 per cent (below expected accuracy) Poor

Levi Greenwood minus 8.6 per cent (below expected accuracy) Poor

*Source Champion Data

Stinger 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:14 pm

Imagine if he was 176cm??!??
Bucks2014 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:18 pm

Damien wrote:
Bucks2014 wrote:

Hit a target? Not according to the article passed in the OP:

COLLINGWOOD coach Nathan Buckley may face a tougher challenge to improve his team’s kicking accuracy next season.

The Pies ranked 15th for expected field kicking accuracy last season according to Champion Data, which measures each player’s actual accuracy against the expected rate.

Champion Data rate every kick based on its length, accuracy, field position and the pressure the player was under.

But each of the Pies’ three midfield trade targets rated below expected field kicking accuracy last season.

Varcoe rated - 4.6 per cent cent under the expected accuracy, while Jack Crisp (-7.3 per cent) and Levi Greenwood (-8.6 per cent) were also under the mark.

Crisp’s TAC Cup coach, Darren Ogier, said the midfielder had worked hard on his foot use.

“His kicking was something that we did work on and it seems to me that he has certainly been keen to improve in that area,” Ogier said.

“He wasn’t elite either, but he can certainly get it from A to B.

“Being in a system full-time it seems that he has continued to develop those skills.”

KICKING CONCERNS

Collingwood ranked 15th for expected field kicking accuracy this year.

Expected accuracy factors in the difficulty, position and length of each kick.

Collingwood’s three targetted recruits were rated by Champion Data as below average or poor for expected kicking accuracy

PLAYER PERCENTAGE CHAMPION DATA RANKING

Travis Varcoe minus 4.6 per cent (below expected accuracy) Below average

Jack Crisp minus 7.3 per cent (below expected accuracy) Poor

Levi Greenwood minus 8.6 per cent (below expected accuracy) Poor

*Source Champion Data

Yes I saw that too, but look at his video packages. This article will take into account all kicks ie: in congestion etc. Why didn't he put in Dayne? I mean even Varcoe is below average. So what I'm saying this is a shit example of a statistic the kid can kick.

Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:26 pm

who's gotta link to some Video of Peppermint?
Bucks2014 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:33 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDoboZvfA40

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ytvl71jEurA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPof9YVLFEM

Last edited by Bucks2014 on Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
stoliboy Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:33 pm

So we get a player Brisbane didn't want anyway?

Hope he works out but wasn't mentioned till the last minute. Hope he doesn't end up a fringe player.

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:37 pm

Agree with the author, lets give Crisp a chance. If we can we see his kicking isnt anything special, then im sure the pies can too. He has plenty of attributes we could do with on the field and most skill deficiences can be improved upon to an extent when you are only 21. Hes a good size, likes the contest and works inside. There arent many clearance players with high kicking efficiency rankings anyway. The reality is, if he was a great kick, then we wouldnt be getting pick 5 anyway.
Now to greenwood, we can all find a knock on him but it didnt stop him being within a vote or two of his clubs B and F. That would suggest he was doing something right.

As for Varcoe, you can bag him all you like. Come back H, all is forgiven.
GoWoodsmen 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:37 pm

stoliboy wrote:

Hope he works out but wasn't mentioned till the last minute. Hope he doesn't end up a fringe player.

What are you talking about? He has a 2 year deal from Brisbane sitting on the table. You don't give 2 year deals to muppets. I'm not saying he's going to set the world on fire but geez, give him a break.

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:42 pm

I'm not overly happy with the deal we ended up with either. But, Crisp is coming to our club, how he got here is no fault of his. Let's give him a chance and see what he's got. We know he has good size, pace and running ability. He's also known as very competitive and hard at it. That's already a good start. I actually think he's a good pickup and could help fill a need for us.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:47 pm

^If he offers all of the above then he can take Blair's spot.

I'm serious, his size would make him a more valuable player straight away in the same role that Blair according to his supporters occupies.

E 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:50 pm

GoWoodsmen wrote:
stoliboy wrote:

What are you talking about? He has a 2 year deal from Brisbane sitting on the table. You don't give 2 year deals to muppets. I'm not saying he's going to set the world on fire but geez, give him a break.

i put him at about the same level as Karnezis. shows a fair amount in the twos (looks too classy for the twos actually). Let's see what happens when the pace steps up at senior level.

I for one think the kid had zero trade value and could have been gotten for a third or fourth round pick in a straight swap.

This doesnt mean he mighten end up a very serviceable player in the blair or S. Dwyer mode (or in an absolute dream scenario, as valuable as H has been), but i think the probability of him playing more than thirty games in a good pies team is very low.

We basically have Pendles as the only elite mid left in our team (with any prime years left in his body - Swan is obviously elite too). We have a number of players who might become elite, but this is a massive step back for us in 2015. this is a three year move.

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:51 pm

If you look at Crisp run though, he seems more suited to an Isaac Smith type role at Hawthorn. A running machine off half back and the wing. It's the main reason I've warmed to him. We need elite runners more than anything else and this kid looks like he'd be up there with Sidebottom and Young as one of our best. He could do that as a forward or even a tagger, but wing is probably his natural role.
Domesticated_Ape Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:56 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
If you look at Crisp run though, he seems more suited to an Isaac Smith type role at Hawthorn. A running machine off half back and the wing. It's the main reason I've warmed to him. We need elite runners more than anything else and this kid looks like he'd be up there with Sidebottom and Young as one of our best. He could do that as a forward or even a tagger, but wing is probably his natural role.

This is how I see him being used as well. A spot opens up on the wing after H leaves, so hopefully he can grab it or at least put serious pressure on Seedsman to be more consistent.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: