Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Abbott to 'shirtfront' Putin

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:54 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

3.14159 wrote:
1. It aint an aircraft carrier (it's a Landing helicopter dock) and it isn't that big.
(It's really only good for supporting troop landings and sub hunting)

I said we as in our glorious country is a huge Aircraft Carrier!

Oh and btw we have some yank navy ships in Darwin these days we can call on if need be.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:56 am

Sending warships along for international conferences? WTF is this shit? The sooner Putin and his gang of bicep-flexing thugs end up in front of the International Criminal Court the better.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:15 am

David wrote:
Sending warships along for international conferences? WTF is this shit? The sooner Putin and his gang of bicep-flexing thugs end up in front of the International Criminal Court the better.

Nah, let's see the Mad Misogynist Monk turn back the boats. Shirtfront indeed Laughing

3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:35 am

David wrote:

The Russian leader has been threatened with violence by our P.M!
Those ships are in international waters to protect Putins safety while he attends a peaceful conference in a hostile country!
All perfectly legit!

Speaking of Bicep-flexing thugs...
The sooner Abbott and his other Foreign Legionnaires end up in front of the International Criminal Court the better.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:02 am

David wrote:

Firstly, for what? Moving their fleet around in international waters?

Secondly, how? The ICC has no jurisdiction to deal with these sorts of things.

What you need is a Security Council resolution. Oh, wait, isn't Russia a permanent member with a veto power?
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:36 am

Oh, not saying that this is worth ICC proceedings. Just that it's symptomatic of the Putin dictatorship's general thuggishness.

His government's actions in Georgia and Ukraine should be sufficient reason for a trip to the Hague, if not his perversion of the democratic process and violation of citizens' human rights.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:50 am

Good luck with that.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:40 am

3.14159 wrote:
1. It aint an aircraft carrier (it's a Landing helicopter dock) and it isn't that big.
(It's really only good for supporting troop landings and sub hunting).

2. They are sending the flagship of the Russian Navys Black Sea Fleet, the nuclear armed* missile cruiser Moskva a couple of destroyers and a replenishment ship (they may send a nuclear sub or two but I doubt they'd tell us about that)!

3. HMAS Canberra just damaged itself on it's maiden sea trials (how ironic!).

Those Ruskies must be quaking in their boots!

*with the ability to carry nuclear armed SA-N-6 surface-to-air missiles
I worked on the HMAS Canberra for 3 years. It's not an Offensive Naval Ship. It's a Support Vessel for amphibious landings with Helicopter Support. It has a few Guns that could take out a tug boat.

As far as the Russians go, I would be more worried about what they have under the water than what's floating on it. As for anything else. This image hits the nail on the head.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:59 am

http://www.theage.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/malcolm-turnbull-told-to-grow-a-sense-of-humour-after-calling-abc-shirtfront-skit-pathetic-20141113-11llam.html Laughing
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:56 pm

Abbott had two choices:

1). To say nothing about the events of MH17 back in July which would have been Shorten's course of action and of course would have received backlash from many people I'm sure as it would have appeared that he did not care about the victims of M17, especially the ones from Australia.

2). To say something and demand that Putin take responsibility for his involvement in MH17 if that means supplying weapons to Pro-Russian Separatists. Of course Abbott needed to take this approach if he had strong evidence linking the disaster to Putin's supply of weaponry to these so-called separatists in Eastern Ukraine rather than going off the handle and bleating out accusations without little or no evidence supporting it.

Has Abbott gone about things the right way? Not at all but it's easy to criticise when people don't exactly know what was said between the two leaders either.

Putin is a thug but a very popular one in Russia and this action to send vessels toward Australia is nothing but a political stunt to demonstrate to us that they're a strong country militarily speaking. I wouldn't take it too seriously to be honest.

Also, David I think it would be too difficult to send Putin to the Hague. He's arguably the most powerful leader in the world.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:12 pm

Culprit wrote:
I worked on the HMAS Canberra for 3 years. It's not an Offensive Naval Ship. ...

So it's an inoffensive naval ship, then? Wink
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:16 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Culprit wrote:
I worked on the HMAS Canberra for 3 years. It's not an Offensive Naval Ship. ...

lol

The nickname in defence is the HMAS Cocktail Party. We don't have a support vessel to support the Canberra so it will jus sit in Garden Island for the LNP to have cocktail parties on.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:48 pm

Jezza wrote:
Abbott had two choices:

1). To say nothing about the events of MH17 back in July which would have been Shorten's course of action and of course would have received backlash from many people I'm sure as it would have appeared that he did not care about the victims of M17, especially the ones from Australia.

With respect Jezza, ...Edit cut due to link provided by Jezza

Deal with facts: we know what the Mad Misogynist Miners Monk did & said.

Edit cut due to link provided by Jezza

Last edited by watt price tully on Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:51 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Culprit wrote:

A ship transporting navy beans?

The new submarine called "Tannin" that was built in Germany & purchased by the Israeli navy?

A ship transporting belly buttons? - (outies rather than innies)

A ship transporting naval lint to be used in the manufacture of clothing that is at once "natural, ecologically sound & carbon free?"

Last edited by watt price tully on Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:53 pm

David wrote:

His government's actions in Georgia and Ukraine should be sufficient reason for a trip to the Hague, if not his perversion of the democratic process and violation of citizens' human rights.

The same case can be made for the actions of the US and it's allies in Iraq and the Persian Gulf!*

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/inatl/longterm/flight801/stories/july88crash.htm

Last edited by 3.14159 on Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6   

Jump to: