Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Rd 1 team 2015

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ThePieMind 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:43 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Culprit wrote:
Our Kicking skills compared to Hawthorn are woeful. Our answer in 2015 is to recruit more players that can't kick. Rolling Eyes

Please tell all of us who are the elite kicks that we chose to ignore.
mackasmatt 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:58 pm

Its gotta come down to pre-season effort and form. I really liked what I saw from Gault in the 1 chance he got in 2014. I'd like Kennedy to be become a permanent player in the squad since he can adequately use both sides.

I agree with the Terry Wallace's comments that Ben Reid needs to go to CHB. All I really care about is getting a quality back 6 working together and the rest can sort itself out. It's impossible to say who is going to play because it depends who were up against. Surely there isn't going to be a need to play Reid, Brown, Frost and Keeffe in the same squad.

----------
------------
JC Hartley Cancer

16 premierships now in the history books. Let's be the first club to 17 premierships.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:33 am

RudeBoy wrote:
A centre line of Varcoe, Greenwood and Crisp does not really excite me. :?

Would a crisp "Greenwood" burger with Varcoe sauce excite you?

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:22 am

E wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
I'm incredibly excited at the prospects of seeing our young team really begin to blossom next season. We should all expect natural improvements from our youngsters in Witts, Grundy, Seedsman, Broomhead, Williams, Elliott, Kennedy, Langdon, Frost, Keeffe, Adams, Thomas, Sinclair as well as Marsh and Karnezis. In addition, we should see much better from from players who battled injuries this year, in Reid, Fasolo, Swanny and Cloke.

Of course, we will suffer from the loss of Prince Lumumba and Beams, who were amongst our best players, however, I think getting two hard nosed gut-running midfielders in Greenwood and Crisp as well as the fast/skilful (yet soft) Varcoe will more than compensate for their loss. In addition, we will have Darcy Moore, Freeman, our new pick 5, plus hopefully Scharenberg by seasons end. Considering all that, I can't see how we won't be a considerably improved side next year. All in all, I'm expecting us to bounce back big time next season and be a genuine top 4 contender. Bring it on! Go Pies!

I hate the way we are all claling Varcoe "soft". he is not soft. His skill is something we lack. Speed and finishing ability (both passing and in front of goals). soft players turn to butter when the pressure is ramped up. Varcoe has more than proven he can do what he does under the greatest of pressure.

I think the word people should be using is perhaps "inconsistent" in that he can go missing for large parts of the game. Sadly for Varcoe, there is very little an outside runner can do if his teammates arent getting him the ball. that means he tends to perform badly when his team isnt getting the ball. I havent paid enough attention to his career to know whether he can also be inclined to stop trying for large periods of the game. that might be a legit criticism (if its true).

But soft. Please. Jetta, Rioli, all these other fast outside receivers (who can do so much damage when they get the ball and who need to be planned around to curb) are soft going by the definition people are throwing around on this thread!!!!!

Everyone wants more pace, more skill, more run, more goal scoring power. Varcoe offers all of that. But because the outside player we wanted is an outside player, we don't want him Confused. The number of players who are skillful, quick, strong, inside and outside can be counted on two hands. Unfortunately we're not getting Dangerfield this year.

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:52 am

AN_Inkling wrote:
E wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
I'm incredibly excited at the prospects of seeing our young team really begin to blossom next season. We should all expect natural improvements from our youngsters in Witts, Grundy, Seedsman, Broomhead, Williams, Elliott, Kennedy, Langdon, Frost, Keeffe, Adams, Thomas, Sinclair as well as Marsh and Karnezis. In addition, we should see much better from from players who battled injuries this year, in Reid, Fasolo, Swanny and Cloke.

Of course, we will suffer from the loss of Prince Lumumba and Beams, who were amongst our best players, however, I think getting two hard nosed gut-running midfielders in Greenwood and Crisp as well as the fast/skilful (yet soft) Varcoe will more than compensate for their loss. In addition, we will have Darcy Moore, Freeman, our new pick 5, plus hopefully Scharenberg by seasons end. Considering all that, I can't see how we won't be a considerably improved side next year. All in all, I'm expecting us to bounce back big time next season and be a genuine top 4 contender. Bring it on! Go Pies!

I hate the way we are all claling Varcoe "soft". he is not soft. His skill is something we lack. Speed and finishing ability (both passing and in front of goals). soft players turn to butter when the pressure is ramped up. Varcoe has more than proven he can do what he does under the greatest of pressure.

I think the word people should be using is perhaps "inconsistent" in that he can go missing for large parts of the game. Sadly for Varcoe, there is very little an outside runner can do if his teammates arent getting him the ball. that means he tends to perform badly when his team isnt getting the ball. I havent paid enough attention to his career to know whether he can also be inclined to stop trying for large periods of the game. that might be a legit criticism (if its true).

But soft. Please. Jetta, Rioli, all these other fast outside receivers (who can do so much damage when they get the ball and who need to be planned around to curb) are soft going by the definition people are throwing around on this thread!!!!!

Everyone wants more pace, more skill, more run, more goal scoring power. Varcoe offers all of that. But because the outside player we wanted is an outside player, we don't want him Confused. The number of players who are skillful, quick, strong, inside and outside can be counted on two hands. Unfortunately we're not getting Dangerfield this year.

Reports are we gave 450k over 4 years, sorry mate but if that's true it's ridiculous, remember the Cats gladly let him go, for that coin we're banking on him improving, it's a hell of a gamble IMO.

Who do we blame if it goes south?

With this years recruits we've tied up around 1 million in next years cap, do the math.....

We aren't building a premiership list, we're building a competitive list, does anyone see a flag coming? Because I don't.

A smart team in our situation would be building to reap the rewards of the post expansion team days, we can't win a flag during the next 6 years, those flags are taken.
neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:08 am

Defender wrote:

Reports are we gave 450k over 4 years, sorry mate but if that's true it's ridiculous, remember the Cats gladly let him go, for that coin we're banking on him improving, it's a hell of a gamble IMO.

With this years recruits we've tied up around 1 million in next years cap, do the math.....

We aren't building a premiership list, we're building a competitive list, does anyone see a flag coming? Because I don't.

A smart team in our situation would be building to reap the rewards of the post expansion team days, we can't win a flag during the next 6 years, those flags are taken.

Guess there is no point to watching Collingwood
See you in 6 years time
Have a nice holiday

The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:31 am

450k a year for 4 years for Varcoe - wow just wow...
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:38 am

we gave greenwood 4.5k x 4 years. varcoe got a three year deal afaik. the cats did not gladly let him go. they seem to take a more pragmatic approach to player movement.

Last edited by John Wren on Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:40 am; edited 1 time in total
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:40 am

John Wren wrote:
we gave greenwood 4.5k x 4 years. varcoe got a three year deal afaik.

That I can live with, any idea what kind of $$$ Varcoe is on?
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:01 pm

Defender wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:
E wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

There are no such reports. Varcoe has been given a 3 year contract and I haven't seen anything that looks like a credible salary estimate. I'm going to go ahead and rule out $450k per year though.

It was rumoured that Greenwood was given $450k per year for 4 years, not Varcoe. I don't believe that either and the only source I've seen for it is Facebook, The Age have said we offered around the same as the Roos (they would not have offered $450k) and less than the Dogs.

Captain_MyCaptain Leo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:59 pm
Post subject: Re: Rd 1 team 2015Reply with quote

bahhh bumbug.
yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:04 pm

My Rnd 1 2015 team (given the info available in Oct 2014...)

B Toovey Frost Sinclair
HB Williams Keefe Langdon
C Seedsman Swan Varcoe
HF Sidey Cloke Elliot
F Broomy Reid Witts
R Grundy, Pendles, Greenwood
Int Adams, Kennedy, Goldy sub Thomas

Emerg - White, Faz, Freeman

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:39 pm

yin-YANG wrote:
My Rnd 1 2015 team (given the info available in Oct 2014...)

B Toovey Frost Sinclair
HB Williams Keefe Langdon
C Seedsman Swan Varcoe
HF Sidey Cloke Elliot
F Broomy Reid Witts
Int Adams, Kennedy, Goldy sub Thomas

Emerg - White, Faz, Freeman

i like the team, however, i don't think you can afford to have three mids/small forwards on the bench. nate brown should be there. move sidey to a wing, varcoe to the bench, williams to the bench too for brown in the backline.

B Toovey Frost Sinclair
HB Goldy Brown Langdon
C Seedsman Swan Sidey
HF Fasolo Reid Elliott
F Broomy Cloke Witts
Int Keeffe, Williams, Varcoe, sub Adams

Emerg - White, Kennedy, Freeman

it's not an easy gig to name a starting 22.

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:48 pm

I think Moore will debut in round 1, I think with his speed and agility he could play HB-BP until his strength develops, he could even play in a forward pkt.
Az 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:32 am

Defender wrote:
I think Moore will debut in round 1, I think with his speed and agility he could play HB-BP until his strength develops, he could even play in a forward pkt.

Could probably do better than anyone considered close to a crumber on our list by the looks of his TAC games. Kid has some serious agility for 199 cm. Hopefully he doesn't lose it when we bulk him up over the next couple of seasons.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7   

Jump to: