Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Ryan Griffin wants out from Dogs to GWS

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Domesticated_Ape Sagittarius

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:14 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

MJ23 wrote:
Domesticated_Ape wrote:
MJ23 wrote:
Id rather Beams for Treloar straight swap.

This is actually really bad for us - means that if we do end up with pick 5 we have no hope of getting McCarthy or Wright in the draft.
All the mids after Brayshaw and Petrenco are relative to each other.

I feel Treloar is about as good as Aish, so he'd only get half the Beams deal done for me.

Beams to Brisbane for Aish and pick 5
Picks 5 and 30 to GWS for Treloar.

GWS use pick 4 to get Griffen outright. Then picks 5 and 7 to trade up to pick 1 from St.Kilda if they're willing.

Na, Treloar is one of the few players I'd be happy to straight swap for beams and think we got the better deal.
He is a gun.

Ok, I'll call GWS and tell them they can have Aish and pick 5, but we're keeping pick 30! Razz

Beams doesn't want to go to GWS, fellas, so I don't think a straight swap would happen. Maybe we just take pick 5 and 25 then give them both to GWS for Treloar, but wouldn't you at least want to keep pick 25?

I can't remember Treloar in the AA side, or any premiership sides, or even playing a final yet. I wouldn't call him a gun. If I did, I'd have to call Beams some sort of anti-aircraft missile and what's Gary Ablett then, the Death Star? No, Treloar is a good prospect, but 50 games in the GWS side is like 15 in Hawthorn's.
MJ23 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:55 pm

Domesticated_Ape wrote:
MJ23 wrote:
Domesticated_Ape wrote:
MJ23 wrote:
Id rather Beams for Treloar straight swap.

This is actually really bad for us - means that if we do end up with pick 5 we have no hope of getting McCarthy or Wright in the draft.
All the mids after Brayshaw and Petrenco are relative to each other.

I feel Treloar is about as good as Aish, so he'd only get half the Beams deal done for me.

Beams to Brisbane for Aish and pick 5
Picks 5 and 30 to GWS for Treloar.

GWS use pick 4 to get Griffen outright. Then picks 5 and 7 to trade up to pick 1 from St.Kilda if they're willing.

Na, Treloar is one of the few players I'd be happy to straight swap for beams and think we got the better deal.
He is a gun.

Ok, I'll call GWS and tell them they can have Aish and pick 5, but we're keeping pick 30! Razz

Beams doesn't want to go to GWS, fellas, so I don't think a straight swap would happen. Maybe we just take pick 5 and 25 then give them both to GWS for Treloar, but wouldn't you at least want to keep pick 25?

I can't remember Treloar in the AA side, or any premiership sides, or even playing a final yet. I wouldn't call him a gun. If I did, I'd have to call Beams some sort of anti-aircraft missile and what's Gary Ablett then, the Death Star? No, Treloar is a good prospect, but 50 games in the GWS side is like 15 in Hawthorn's.

Have a look at his stats.
Stats arnt everything, have a look at some footage
Shit, have a look at the collingwood GWS game. And this game was not his best.
He is a kid and already playing at Beams level without the support of senior players around him.
I have watched a lot of GWS this year and Treloar has more upside than Beams, who I loved, at the same stage in their careers.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:42 pm

I don't think there is anyone playing at Beams' level at GWS, mate. And pick 5 would also have a pretty impressive "upside", as do all top draftees. They don't all make it though. Not saying Treloar wont make it, he will, just that I wonder how he'd be rated if he were drafted to a top club and really had to earn his keep. We've got no idea how he'd go in a final for example, because GWS have never even played in front of a huge crowd, let alone under any pressure to win or have your season end right then and there.

I don't think opposition teams and coaches take GWS very seriously. They rest players against them, experiment with different positions and setups and basically treat it as an extended training run. It's gotten us into trouble a couple of times actually, because they are getting better. I can't rate any of their young players as guns yet though, apart from Cameron, but he's a freak. I've give up Beams and our second round pick for him.
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:20 pm

Domesticated_Ape wrote:
I don't think there is anyone playing at Beams' level at GWS, mate. And pick 5 would also have a pretty impressive "upside", as do all top draftees. They don't all make it though. Not saying Treloar wont make it, he will, just that I wonder how he'd be rated if he were drafted to a top club and really had to earn his keep. We've got no idea how he'd go in a final for example, because GWS have never even played in front of a huge crowd, let alone under any pressure to win or have your season end right then and there.

I don't think opposition teams and coaches take GWS very seriously. They rest players against them, experiment with different positions and setups and basically treat it as an extended training run. It's gotten us into trouble a couple of times actually, because they are getting better. I can't rate any of their young players as guns yet though, apart from Cameron, but he's a freak. I've give up Beams and our second round pick for him.

I think most of these kids at GWS and GC who have shown something can only improve surrounded by quality experienced players who'll feed them the ball, protect them, tell them where to run and share their wisdom with them.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:31 pm

That's probably true for a lot of them, but we can't know until it actually happens. Taylor Adams and Josh Caddy didn't improve dramatically after joining Collingwood and Geelong, for example. Though I think both will be very good players, I can't help but wonder if they'd be better already if they were drafted into an elite system right from the start.

It's like how Melbourne draftees all seem to fail, there's a reason behind that and I think GWS and to a lesser degree, the Suns as well, are experiencing the same situation.
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:40 pm

11 Collingwood 11 11 0 1766 1876 94.1 WLLWL - 44
12 Gold Coast Suns 10 12 0 1917 2045 93.7 WLLLL - 40

Thank goodness half a GWS side hit the post 9 times against us and our elite system.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:34 am

The Dogs (well, Peter Gordon, anyway - he's the only one left there, I think) are looking for an "unprecedented" deal, this morning:

"Let's look at Ryan Griffen, he's just played his 200th game, captain of the club, All-Australian, one of the most credentialled guys going around.

"There wouldn't be a player, except maybe Gary Ablett, that's changed clubs in the last couple of years that's had the cachet and the value that Ryan Griffen has got.

"Dealing with it on a theoretical level, if we agreed to that sort of request, then the sort of quid pro quo we'd be looking at would be pretty much unprecedented in the competition. "

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-10-13/dogs-think-big-on-griffen
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:44 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
The Dogs (well, Peter Gordon, anyway - he's the only one left there, I think) are looking for an "unprecedented" deal, this morning:

"Let's look at Ryan Griffen, he's just played his 200th game, captain of the club, All-Australian, one of the most credentialled guys going around.

"There wouldn't be a player, except maybe Gary Ablett, that's changed clubs in the last couple of years that's had the cachet and the value that Ryan Griffen has got.

"Dealing with it on a theoretical level, if we agreed to that sort of request, then the sort of quid pro quo we'd be looking at would be pretty much unprecedented in the competition. "

Must have missed the media circus about Beams... not to mention Buddy... does someone want to break the news to him...
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:49 am

Beams isn't yet a done deal and Buddy wasn't a trade.
Az 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:54 am

jackcass wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

Must have missed the media circus about Beams... not to mention Buddy... does someone want to break the news to him...

Was thinking the exact same thing jackass. I suppose they have to do their due diligence and try and convince the world he is the best thing since sliced bread but honestly, you'd have to be crazy to throw away two high draft picks for someone who is 29 next year, has had two poor seasons with injuries, and finally someone who stabbed their coach and club in the back. They would be thanking their lucky stars Beams only wants out to Qld otherwise they would get a massive reality check of where he stands.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:02 am

tom boyd for ryan griffen.

boyd's management have stated he wants a trade to the welfare.
gws have stated he is not for trade.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:07 am

I don't suppose GWS wants to trade Beams for Boyd?
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:08 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
Beams isn't yet a done deal and Buddy wasn't a trade.

Griffen isn't a trade yet either.
Harvey 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:10 am

Can't believe I'm saying this but Bulldogs are showing the Pies how it's done. Not caring about crappy fringe players that would just clog our salary cap but throwing a massive offer right back at GWS to poach Tom Boyd.

Why haven't we done this. If we know Beam's is gonna leave, take his money and throw it at one of Brisbane's kids, or at a star from another club like a Cameron or Treloar and make Brisbane deal with them to get them to us if they want Beams.

No way Doggies are a more attractive club than us considering their internal turmoil and coaching situation. It's all about the $$ these days so we must use it to our advantage.
mattdally 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:12 am

Absolutely agree. We need to flex more muscle in this. Let's try to poach Dylan Shiel / Adam Treloar / Lachie Whitfield.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8   

Jump to: