Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The "What do we get for Beams?" thread

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 65, 66, 67
View previous topic :: View next topic  
E 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:20 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

magpieazza wrote:
Presti35 wrote:
Crisp, Greenwood & De Goey for Beams.

We'll be watching these guys closely next year. But Im looking forward to seeing them.

Im comfortable with the deal and we will come out on top in the deal.

if you needed a starting ruck rover to pencil in on grand final day, which of the 4 players would you pick? we may get more value overall and in the long term, but right now, we have gotten 3 lesser players for a top 10 talent.

Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:48 am

^ considering that grand final day is a long way from "right now" your point is rather moot.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:05 pm

FrankieGoesToCollingwood wrote:
^ considering that grand final day is a long way from "right now" your point is rather moot.

And it's not like we could change the situation, just had to try and make the best of it.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:50 pm

jackcass wrote:

And it's not like we could change the situation, just had to try and make the best of it.

Assuming De Goey is as good as he's been described, we're already ahead imo.
E 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:59 am

RudeBoy wrote:
jackcass wrote:

No we are not ahead.

The above three points in response to my short note all offer up interesting points of view.

Firstly, Jackass, you are 100% correct. we were given no choice and i think we did quite welll all things considered. I also like what i see in De Goey (and for that matter, Crisp and Greenwood - crisp in particluar did some very nice things against us if i recall correctlyy).

The point about GF day being a long way off sort of misses the point (although maybe only in part). Maybe the point is that since GF day might be 2-3 years away, we cant judge how good our relative positions will be until that time. And that is a fair point.

I think all i was trying to say is that we can underplay it all we like, but beams is a major loss as he is in the age bracket where he could have been an elite player for us when we get really really good. Kind of like Swan and ball were in our premiership year of 2010. Now we might need the kids to be an extra year older before we suceed with that core.

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:57 pm

I think E has made some good points.
Overall 3 good players for one seems a good deal, but,
Beams is an elite player and they are very difficult to get.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:04 pm

E wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
jackcass wrote:

No we are not ahead.

The above three points in response to my short note all offer up interesting points of view.

Firstly, Jackass, you are 100% correct. we were given no choice and i think we did quite welll all things considered. I also like what i see in De Goey (and for that matter, Crisp and Greenwood - crisp in particluar did some very nice things against us if i recall correctlyy).

The point about GF day being a long way off sort of misses the point (although maybe only in part). Maybe the point is that since GF day might be 2-3 years away, we cant judge how good our relative positions will be until that time. And that is a fair point.

I think all i was trying to say is that we can underplay it all we like, but beams is a major loss as he is in the age bracket where he could have been an elite player for us when we get really really good. Kind of like Swan and ball were in our premiership year of 2010. Now we might need the kids to be an extra year older before we suceed with that core.

I think you need to evaluate the totality of the trade. Yes, we're behind on the Beams - DeGoey swap, at least initially, but losing Beams also brought Greenwood and Crisp to the club so if you factor in say Greenwood - Clarke and Crisp - Lynch swaps on top of the Beams - DeGoey trade then we're (potentially) miles in front longer term with even some short term overall improvement given the senior contributions of Clarke and Lynch in 2014.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:01 pm

Trade at this early stage does not look to bad
dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:49 pm

Pick 5 and a gem!

Good on you Dayne .. Take the $5m and footy hell.

Crisp and de goey will be part of the next CFC premiership side!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 65, 66, 67
Page 67 of 67   

Jump to: