Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Last 10 pick 5's

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:00 pm
Post subject: Last 10 pick 5'sReply with quote

13 Kade k
12 jake stringer
11 Matthew buntine
10 jared polac
09 Ben Cunnington
08 Michael Hurley
07 Jarrad grant
06 travis boak
05 pendles
04 buddy

Some gems at the bottom but generally my view is its a lottery and you have to wait awhile to get the players seasoned. The lottery for Pick 25 would be worse.

Stick fat Pies. 5 and someone who's 2-4 years in and has shown something.

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:03 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

only spindleshanks has failed to achieve his potential. kade k and stringer look likely types. haven't seen enough of buntine. the rest can play and then some.
Domesticated_Ape Sagittarius

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:10 am
Post subject: Re: Last 10 pick 5'sReply with quote

I say Buntine, Polec, Cunnington, Hurley and Grant have all been disappointing and not lived up to the expectation of pick number 5 in one way or the other.

Buddy, Pendles and Boak are all stars as a pick five should be in a perfect world.

Stringer and KK haven't been around long enough to judge, but they're both on track.

Looks like pick 5 is about a 50/50 proposition. So Beams would be worth two of them in my mind.
SuperStar Beams Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:03 am

Polec is starting to reach his potential now but needs to be more consistent however.
Museman 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:25 am

dalyc wrote:
13 Kade k looks as though he'll go A
12 jake stringer undecided
11 Matthew buntine undecided
10 jared polac B
09 Ben Cunnington B
08 Michael Hurley B+
07 Jarrad grant C
06 travis boak A
05 pendles A+
04 buddy A+

Some gems at the bottom but generally my view is its a lottery and you have to wait awhile to get the players seasoned. The lottery for Pick 25 would be worse.

Stick fat Pies. 5 and someone who's 2-4 years in and has shown something.

Almost assured of decent...but only 50/50 on an out an out replacement star.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:23 am

Domesticated_Ape wrote:
I say Buntine, Polec, Cunnington, Hurley and Grant have all been disappointing and not lived up to the expectation of pick number 5 in one way or the other.

Buddy, Pendles and Boak are all stars as a pick five should be in a perfect world.

Stringer and KK haven't been around long enough to judge, but they're both on track.

Looks like pick 5 is about a 50/50 proposition. So Beams would be worth two of them in my mind.

cunnington won north's b&f so is starting to realise his potential. has been some time in coming. this seems consistent with some of their draftees in the last few years.

MagpieMad Leo

One in, All in!!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:20 am

Hurley could have been better if they'd worked out which end he should play at, wasted as a swingman.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:06 pm

2004 - Buddy Franklin = A+ (Superstar forward with athletic ability that is rarely seen in key forwards.)
2005 - Scott Pendlebury = A+++++ (Elite top 10 midfielder in the competition and a great user of the ball with so much class about him)
2006 - Travis Boak - A (Excellent leader and player who could potentially become A+ within the next one to two years).
2007 - Jarrad Grant = D+ (Too skinny and hasn't done anything of great significance with the Bulldogs. The Dogs will be massively disappointed in using pick 5 to recruit him in 2007)
2008 - Michael Hurley = B+ (Has the ability to be an A-grade footballer but his lack of certainty of whether becoming a permanent back or forward has hurt his development somewhat)
2009 - Ben Cunnington = B (Starting to develop into a good tough footballer. Expect his grading to rise within the next few years)
2010 - Jared Polec = B (Has the all weapons to be an A-grade footballer. Port will be laughing that they have him on their list after Brisbane recruited him initially).
2011 - Matthew Buntine = C (Hasn't played much footy at all. He's only played 16 games in three seasons so far).
2012 - Jake Stringer = B (I think he's a good footballer and will be a real handy player for the Dogs for the next decade. Can play forward or defence so he's a really handy prospect. Also said to have good leadership).
2013 - Kane Kolodashnij = B (From what I've seen I think the Suns have a good footballer in their hands. Too early to determine how his career will unfold but I think he'll be successful).

Most have been reasonable players with Buddy and Pendles being the standouts followed by Travis Boak. The only ones with question marks on them are Jarrad Grant and Matthew Buntine (however it should be noted he's just turned 21). Grant has been the biggest disappointment out of these players in the past ten years.

Podpicken Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:12 am

Exciting. I reckon Petracca, Brayshaw, Wright, McCartin, Laverde, Ahern and Pickett all massive talents. We'll get one of them, most likely one from the latter area.
Podpicken Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:17 am

I reckon Laverde is a lock-in.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: