Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Our cheersquad Your cheersquad #1

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Your Cheer Squad

View previous topic :: View next topic  
magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2002 5:55 pm
Post subject: Our cheersquad Your cheersquad #1Reply with quote

From this year we will be letting people via nicks board into the inner sanctum of the cheer squad and how it operates and its decision making (with the exception of sensitive issues) of course.

We are doing this for a number of reasons so bare with me whilst we expalin !
We want all people cheer squad members and non cheer squad members to understand and appreciate how we operate and of course we welcome new ideas and suggestions at all times.

Its easy to bag us i guess but lets be positive, dont tell us where we are going wrong! instead tell us how we could be doing it better?

To all the interstate people on nicks who cannot get to collingwood games, we want you to feel a part of YOUR cheer squad!

To non collingwood cheer squad members who decide to sit with the social club members or anywhere else at collingwood games, we are also YOUR cheer squad!

There are no divisions!

Just on twelve months ago the new cheer squad was formed at a meeting at vicky park, a handful of the old unofficial cheer squad members attended and we were recieved with open arms which was great considering the faction that did exist between the two groups and not only were we well recieved, some of us were elected to the present day comittee of the cheer squad and yours truly walked away with the distinct honor of being made chant leader of the collingwood cheer squad.

We all had so much to do and little time to do it in, it was truly amazing we got it all happening.
Just like all new organisations we had teething problems and it wasnt until well past mid season we started to fall into some routine that made any sense.But with fantastic people such as kerri (president)which believe you me isnt an easy job!and frankie who does so much work behind the scenes and all the teriffic members of the squad we couldnt really fail.

And of course nicki at the club has been a godsend.and we cannot leave out the boss eddie was right behind it all from the beginning.

Now over summer i caught up with some fellow magpies and we sat down and had a good chat and to my horror it was bought to our attention that we had become 'clicky' or 'inhouse'meaning we didnt have much time with new mebers at banner making and at games prior to the start of each game.

And yes we are imbarased(i always have trouble spelling that word) and of course we are sorry if anyone was not made to feel welcome(that is not what we are about!) so to overcome this at a cheersquad meeting last monday night at vicky park we now have a welcoming comittee.

It will be our job to seek new members prior to each game and at(banner making) and take them around and introduce them to kerri and all members on the collingwood cheer sqaud committee.

We can only get better and we will.
and on a regular basis we will keep you informed of other news in YOUR cheersquad on this board.

This will be my last year as chant leader because i believe we have to remain fresh and exciting bringing in fresh people will make this happen so if anyone believes they can do it please make enquiries during the season ( we have a fantastic future chant leader in Alf andrews) whom was also a godsend during last season.

Ive also decided to get out of the pubs this season and spend more time with kerri and frankie and new members down at the cheersquad area before each game and beyond this season i will remain with the squad im cheer squad until the buggers carry me out!!

We have so many exciting things about to happen and when it does we will let you all know

thanks
the cheer squad.

1892 _ 2002... THE PROUDEST JOURNEY IN FOOTBALL CONTINUES, WITH ARMS LOCKED TOGETHER,WHILST MARCHING SIDE BY SIDE, WE WILL FOREVER STAND AS ONE TO SUPPORT OUR BELOVED COLLINGWOOD FOOTBALL CLUB, it's more than just a club it's a way of life !

foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2002 6:08 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

great stuff joffa.

but i reckon i'll stick around the pub before matches - it makes me chant just that little bit better.

cobood Aquarius

In Bucks I trust!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2002 7:13 pm

Great post Joffa..... You know we really have to thank you for all that youre doing for the cheersquad.

Leave as Chant Leader?? ....as Kerri said we'll see about that.....

BE LOUD...BE PROUD
(September.... we WILL be there)
ck_nd Pisces

Pie Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2002 1:44 pm

Joff scribed:

quote:
This will be my last year as chant leader because i believe we have to remain fresh and exciting bringing in fresh people will make this happen so if anyone believes they can do it please make enquiries during the season

Now Joff I don't know if you are aware of this so I am going to tell you... watching our games on tv when we get a shot of the cheersquad in action I always remember seeing you firing up the troops - win or lose. Yes our cheersquad does still get coverage when we are losing - I imagine this is because regardless of the score y'all are always belting out something.

Now other teams cheersquads only get shown when their players kick a goal maybe because otherwise they don't think they are worth cheering for? I dunno, yet I think that opposition players must suffer magpie envy as we have the best cheersquad here and now that goes off because we are proud of our boys (even if they are having a bad day (like who here can honestly say they haven't had a bad day?)). (Like everything our cheersquad can always improve though you have to admit we have come a long way to be the best.)

Please think carefully about leaving the post as chant leader as I will miss seeing what you do to rev up our people. I remember seeing you on tv firing up the c/s during the Coll v Briso game (last season, a game we lost) you guys were "loud and proud" all the way till the end. Same story with the game against the Cows in SA last season... that game wasn't on tv here in Sydney but we did get it on ABC radio - you guys were so loud that we couldn't hear the final siren on the radio and at one stage we could hardly hear the announcers over your cheering...

I don't know what it is like to sit with the cheersquad - I have a suspicion that if you don't lose your voice by the end of the match the cheersquad members are probably not doing their job properly!

Now if you decide to leave the post of chant leader I will respect your decision think about it carefully though because your position and effort is appreciated.

Go Pies!

Carol

May the Wings of the Magpie touch every corner of the Nation!
tassiepie 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2002 2:24 pm

TO ALL OF THE CHEER SQUAD KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK YOU ARE A CREDIT TO OUR GREAT CLUB,WILL JOIN U ALL SOME TIME THIS YEAR WHEN I COME OVER.
WE ARE THE MAGPIES
THE MIGHTY ,MIGHTY MAGPIES
KICK ASS JOFFA AND CO

Foreverpies 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2002 12:11 pm

Thanks Joffa!!
I am moving from Queensland to "Collingwood" HA! This year, so i hope to meet up with everyone, and make the cheer squad a lil louder!! (I don't need any drinks before the match)...

See ya all soon!

magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2002 3:11 pm

If you need anything when u get to melb, email me ok and i will give you my mobile number.
safe travelling.

1892 _ 2002... THE PROUDEST JOURNEY IN FOOTBALL CONTINUES, WITH ARMS LOCKED TOGETHER,WHILST MARCHING SIDE BY SIDE, WE WILL FOREVER STAND AS ONE TO SUPPORT OUR BELOVED COLLINGWOOD FOOTBALL CLUB, it's more than just a club it's a way of life !

[This message has been edited by magpie joffa (edited 01 February 2002).]

@shLicuria 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2002 9:16 am

so mr joffy, tell me WHY u r stepping down from chant leader?

OH.. NO REPLY TO THAT ONE EH??!! lollollollollol

ok, i'm not in the cheersquad... (captains club memba, pie club memba and willi memba...so dont get mad @ me!) but joffy, do u relise how many ppl i point u out to?
"oh see that guy there? yer the one that every1s obeying.. yeah.. he knows me!"
LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

i mean i know u will be with da cheersquad for many yrs to come, but not be the chant leader anymore? wots with that?
"here is the cwood cheersquad.. not lead by joffa"

i dun get it
Luv da 1 da only da @sh Licuria

RODE + #45 4 EVA!
#21 4 EVA GO BRENT!
always legends,will stay legends
molloymagic Aquarius

*Thanks 4 the great memorys Jarrod!**miss ya*

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2002 11:41 am

To everyone in the cheersquad,
keep up the brilliant work.

oh and about the opposition cheersquads,most of them like to talk up their clubs but when they lose it's like,where's the bragging now?????? That's why I love collingwood. Win or lose everyone is always talking about collingwood,it's BRILLIANT!!!!.

btw,when you join the cheersquad do you get alocated a seat or is it,first come gets the best seats??

GO COLLINGWOOD!!!!!!!

Keep up the great work

Jarrod Molloy RULES!!!!
cobood Aquarius

In Bucks I trust!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2002 3:21 pm

Hi Molloymagic....

If you want a reserved seat in the c/s it will cost you $50 thats for the whole year.... excluding interstate games.....

If you want to know anymore about it..... drop me a line.... and Ill be more than pleased to explain it fully to you......
Thanks for your interest......

[url=http://cheersquad@magpies.net ]cheersquad@magpies.net [/url]

BE LOUD...BE PROUD
(September.... we WILL be there)

[This message has been edited by cobood (edited 03 February 2002).]
magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2002 5:33 pm

Dear ashy Mr joffy here..LOL
Please dont ever lose your writing skills and umm spelling it is very unique to say the least..

Being chant leader is no big deal, when i first became chant leader it was a bit difficult in the sense of what direction will we go,i've allways been in awe of football fans in england as they display there passion in songs and chants, its allways good watching english premier league on telly, turn up the volume and i actually find myself in that crowd and i do get excited by it.

So as chant leader and knowing nothing at the time what a chant leader is suppose to do i then decided this was the way to go and full credit to all the people in the cheer squad as they responded magnificently.

To be honest im a good front running chant leader i tend to sulk when the pies are not winning but im working on that.
And in answer to why i want to stand down as chant leader at the end of this season is simple, we must keep the cheer squad vibrant and exciting and im sure there is another person out there with fresh and a somewhat different approach in leading the squad into song and dance.

The greatest thrill as chant leader was the game at football park when we beat the crows by a couple of points, the singing actually echoed right around the ground and it did drown out the one eyed adelaide commentary on radio..wow what a buzz !!

The worst game was the loss against carlscum for some reason i just could not get going that day but im so lucky because Alf took control and a lot of credit has to go to Alf his help has been tremendous, you see im down on the fence and alf is smack in the middle of the squad and together we have it down pat.

The first game last year(as chant leader) in the ansett cup series against stkilda was actually quite terrifying i remember jumping up on the seat im swaying the arms like a conductor and it hit me..if these people just sit and look at me im gonna look like the greatest goose that ever existed!! that game was as a cheer squad was our finest.
Its a horrible feeling when you get home from the footy and you know that you could of done better!!
I take what i do seriously and i do it because i love collingwood
and i believe in the case of chant leaders a 2 or 3 year stint is long enough.
there you go ashy
from mr joffy...LOL
mr joffy

@shLicuria 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2002 12:09 pm

thanx mr joffy

lol!

nice rap up... very nice... but see BECOZ u hav such a luv of the game, then WHY are u stepping down? i mean, the csquad get pumpd cuz URRRRR there! and u said ur working on the side of u that gets quiet or peeeeeeed off if we're losing, so why cant u work on all the other things that you were talking about that let u down? see the thing is YOU might think they let YOU down.. but WE LUV U! lol so ur not really doing anything at all wrong

but if u want to step down you can step down...
but why cant the csquad have 2 leaders? surely the squad would be OVERLY pumpd by that effect!!! LOL

Luv da 1 da only da @sh(Y) Licuria

LOL

RODE + #45 4 EVA!
#21 4 EVA GO BRENT!
always legends,will stay legends
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Your Cheer Squad All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: