Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Oxley & Freeman

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
david975 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:33 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

RudeBoy wrote:
Can someone remind me who Oxley is again? Not sure I've ever seen him play.

.. an early prototype of Tom Langdon Smile
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:49 pm

david975 wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

That's seriously under rating him, much as I think langdon was sensational.

david975 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:19 pm

stui magpie wrote:
david975 wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

I actually rate Oxley, Langdon though has set the bar pretty high, be interesting to see how both of them go in 2015
cfc2009-10-11-12 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:26 pm

blakis wrote:
Not really relevant, but I'm wrapped to see what Marsh can produce in 2015.

Had the chance to have a quick chat with Jono Marsh at the Copeland last Friday. He said the hamstring was fine and he'll be ready to go for the start of pre-season. He said he is relishing the new role at HB and he joked that he is gunning for Goldsack's spot in the seniors in defence which will hopefully release Goldsack into the forward line. Very easy going young man who looks to have plenty of confidence. Took huge strides in 2014 in VFL and if that development continues in the NAB Cup, don't be surprised to see him line-up in Round 1, 2015. One of the most consistent players at VFL level once moved to defence IMO.

Also spoke with Ox who said that when he attempted his comeback mid year from ankle injury he had re-injured some ligaments in his ankle so he had to wrap it up for the season. He is another that'll be right to go for start of pre-season. Very Tom Langdon-like as in reads the play well in defence and makes the right decisions when disposing and his kicking is of high quality.

Freeman said he was right to go for about a month before the season ended but the club wanted to take a cautious approach and not risk him. Make no mistake, Nate is counting the days for Round 1, 2015!

I also had a conversation with Shaz, he said that when he did his ACL he went back to Adelaide for a while to begin his recovery. He didn't really elaborate to much, very shy kid. Hopefully he can get himself right soon and do the B&W stripes proud.

GoWoodsmen 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:18 pm

cfc2009-10-11-12 wrote:
blakis wrote:

Had the chance to have a quick chat with Jono Marsh at the Copeland last Friday. He said the hamstring was fine and he'll be ready to go for the start of pre-season. He said he is relishing the new role at HB and he joked that he is gunning for Goldsack's spot in the seniors in defence which will hopefully release Goldsack into the forward line. Very easy going young man who looks to have plenty of confidence. Took huge strides in 2014 in VFL and if that development continues in the NAB Cup, don't be surprised to see him line-up in Round 1, 2015. One of the most consistent players at VFL level once moved to defence IMO.

Also spoke with Ox who said that when he attempted his comeback mid year from ankle injury he had re-injured some ligaments in his ankle so he had to wrap it up for the season. He is another that'll be right to go for start of pre-season. Very Tom Langdon-like as in reads the play well in defence and makes the right decisions when disposing and his kicking is of high quality.

Freeman said he was right to go for about a month before the season ended but the club wanted to take a cautious approach and not risk him. Make no mistake, Nate is counting the days for Round 1, 2015!

I also had a conversation with Shaz, he said that when he did his ACL he went back to Adelaide for a while to begin his recovery. He didn't really elaborate to much, very shy kid. Hopefully he can get himself right soon and do the B&W stripes proud.

It's only when you recount stories like this that you realise just how many "new" players we'll be seeing in 2015. It's so easy to forget how long we didn't have Nate plus gun draftees like Freeman and Sharenburg etc. I think we were the only club in the AFL to not have their top 10 or 12 draft pick play senior footy. OK Shaz won't be there but Freeman will, no question.

Now we just have to store up our four leave clovers, rabbits tails etc to ensure we don't have the same run next year!

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:19 pm

I really rate Marsh.
I think there is tremendous upside
with this player.
Fast, good mark, wow could be anything.

loki04 Leo

Tiger Treloar lmfao NOPE.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:22 pm

stui magpie wrote:
david975 wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

Oxley is a slow, less prolific and less talented version of Langdon.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:25 am

cfc2009-10-11-12 wrote:
blakis wrote:

This is a brilliant post! It's very reassuring to read that the youngsters have confidence in their abilities and that they could all slot into the team and be really good contributors for us in the future.

Seeing posts like this should make any Collingwood supporter excited for the 2015 season no matter how it may transpire from your perspective. I really can't wait to see Freeman and Marsh playing in the seniors. Both have huge potential and seeing Marsh in the VFL gives me confidence that he'll make it in the seniors with plenty of hard work and confidence. Freeman already has the pace, but it's just a matter of whether he can improve his disposal efficiency.

MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:48 am

loki04 wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
david975 wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

Oxley is a slow, less prolific and less talented version of Langdon.

On the other hand, he is probably a better kick than Langdon.

Thing is, with Langdon and Scharenberg (albeit, long term injured) on the list, it will be interesting to see where Adam fits beyond next year...
Az 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:21 am

thompsoc wrote:
I really rate Marsh.
I think there is tremendous upside
with this player.
Fast, good mark, wow could be anything.

Extremely excited to see him crack the seniors at some stage! Pretty sure early last year he was touted to be a first rounder as a forward, and with his successful move into defense it seems as though he was an absolute steal for us. Could be as handy a utility as Goldy or The Anvil in a couple of years time.
MJ23 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:39 am

Freeman will be an explosive midfielder. Probably off half forward to start but will rotate through the middle. He has great hands in close and is a long kick.
On the pies site both he and Sharenberg were photographed in the gym a few days ago. Its great to see both so committed.

Ox might look slow, might even run slow however his ball movement from what I saw is sensational. He hits targets consistently of half back and reads the flight of the ball for intercept marking exceptionally well. He can play tall and small.

Be good for them both to have a clear pre-season and good run at it.

If both are fit its gonna make interesting selections next year - great problem to have.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:02 am

MJ23 wrote:
Freeman will be an explosive midfielder. Probably off half forward to start but will rotate through the middle. He has great hands in close and is a long kick.
On the pies site both he and Sharenberg were photographed in the gym a few days ago. Its great to see both so committed.

Ox might look slow, might even run slow however his ball movement from what I saw is sensational. He hits targets consistently of half back and reads the flight of the ball for intercept marking exceptionally well. He can play tall and small.

If both are fit its gonna make interesting selections next year - great problem to have.

Oxley reminds me a lot of a bloke named Morwood... he seemed to go okay.
magpieazza 

magpieazza

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:31 am

jackcass wrote:
MJ23 wrote:

Oxley reminds me a lot of a bloke named Morwood... he seemed to go okay.

Shane Morwood, what a player. Had all the time in the world, matrix style. I could imagine Morwood with one of those long black jackets on, dodging the bullets.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: