Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#30 Darcy Moore

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 120, 121, 122  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:52 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Went and watched Oakleigh Chargers play today and come out Premiers. Very proud of the 4 EB lads running around. Darcy Moore shows a heap of potential but the media must have watched another game.

Toby McClean was the standout for me and I am biased but Oppy clearly the best in and under player yet doesn't rate a mention in the media.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:13 pm

apparently mclean is one to watch for in next year's draft?
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:23 pm

^^McLean won the medal for best afield and is eligible for this year's draft:

AFL site wrote:
After originally being overlooked for the national NAB AFL Draft Combine which starts later this month, McLean was recently upgraded and will attend with his draft stocks rising rapidly.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:38 pm

Hine would say what pick he is willing to give-up so the Clubs can make there call on Moore without Hine Telling Them
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:39 pm

Culprit wrote:
Went and watched Oakleigh Chargers play today and come out Premiers. Very proud of the 4 EB lads running around. Darcy Moore shows a heap of potential but the media must have watched another game.

Toby McClean was the standout for me and I am biased but Oppy clearly the best in and under player yet doesn't rate a mention in the media.

Moore did well but could of been Involved More.

When he can he can have a Bigger Impact on the Game

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:29 pm

Emma Quayle in the Age on the game & young Darcy:

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/collingwood-prospect-darcy-moore-leads-oakleigh-chargers-to-tac-cup-title-20140921-10jzfa.html

"Collingwood father-son prospect Darcy Moore completed his much-scrutinised season with another impressive, athletic effort in the TAC Cup grand final.

Moore took seven marks and kicked two goals in the game, captaining the Oakleigh Chargers to a 47-point win over a Calder Cannons side that lost two of it most crucial players the lead-up.

Forward Peter Wright, who should be one of the first few players drafted, injured some knee ligaments in last week's preliminary final, while Damien Cavka strained a groin at training on Tuesday.

Moore will be nominated by Collingwood ahead of the father-son bidding meeting in two weeks' time, with the Magpies hopeful that none of the clubs holding top seven picks will force it to use pick 8 on him.

That seems highly unlikely, with the Western Bulldogs and Carlton strongly considering bidding for the highly competitive 199-centimetre player, who has played well at both ends of the ground this year.

Moore was part of an Oakleigh side that kicked seven goals in the second quarter to turn a 17-point deficit into a 19-point half-time lead and then go on to win 17.15 (117) to 11.40 (70).

Jordan De Goey, a likely first-round pick, kicked three goals in a smart game spent mostly in the forward line, despite his ability to read the play well and use the ball sensibly in all parts of the ground.

Kade Answerth, Daniel McKenzie, Hugh Beasley, Lachlan Waddell and Will Gowers were among the others to show good signs, with Toby McLean completing an excellent finals series by winning the TAC Medal as best on ground.

McLean, who was recently added to next week's national combine, gathered 21 possessions and kicked two goals playing in his usual smart, quick, instinctive way through the forward line.

Paul Ahern was the Cannons' standout player, with 26 possessions, four clearances and a classy goal, while captain Touk Miller did all he could to drag his side back into the game.

The focus on Moore has increased since he took a spectacular mark in the Chargers' preliminary final, but coach Mick Stinear said the 18-year-old had handled the attention well.

"He's a really mature guy but he's also got the ability to be one of the lads as well. He finds that balance really well," Stinear said.

"He's been one that's led from the front in terms of putting the team first. He's got a great ability to put that stuff aside and focus in on the team and the job, which is a credit to him." "

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:06 am

Carlton at least will bid just to annoy us.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:57 am

watt price tully wrote:
Emma Quayle in the Age on the game & young Darcy:

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/collingwood-prospect-darcy-moore-leads-oakleigh-chargers-to-tac-cup-title-20140921-10jzfa.html

"Collingwood father-son prospect Darcy Moore completed his much-scrutinised season with another impressive, athletic effort in the TAC Cup grand final.

Moore took seven marks and kicked two goals in the game, captaining the Oakleigh Chargers to a 47-point win over a Calder Cannons side that lost two of it most crucial players the lead-up.

Forward Peter Wright, who should be one of the first few players drafted, injured some knee ligaments in last week's preliminary final, while Damien Cavka strained a groin at training on Tuesday.

Moore will be nominated by Collingwood ahead of the father-son bidding meeting in two weeks' time, with the Magpies hopeful that none of the clubs holding top seven picks will force it to use pick 8 on him.

That seems highly unlikely, with the Western Bulldogs and Carlton strongly considering bidding for the highly competitive 199-centimetre player, who has played well at both ends of the ground this year.

Moore was part of an Oakleigh side that kicked seven goals in the second quarter to turn a 17-point deficit into a 19-point half-time lead and then go on to win 17.15 (117) to 11.40 (70).

Jordan De Goey, a likely first-round pick, kicked three goals in a smart game spent mostly in the forward line, despite his ability to read the play well and use the ball sensibly in all parts of the ground.

Kade Answerth, Daniel McKenzie, Hugh Beasley, Lachlan Waddell and Will Gowers were among the others to show good signs, with Toby McLean completing an excellent finals series by winning the TAC Medal as best on ground.

McLean, who was recently added to next week's national combine, gathered 21 possessions and kicked two goals playing in his usual smart, quick, instinctive way through the forward line.

Paul Ahern was the Cannons' standout player, with 26 possessions, four clearances and a classy goal, while captain Touk Miller did all he could to drag his side back into the game.

The focus on Moore has increased since he took a spectacular mark in the Chargers' preliminary final, but coach Mick Stinear said the 18-year-old had handled the attention well.

"He's a really mature guy but he's also got the ability to be one of the lads as well. He finds that balance really well," Stinear said.

"He's been one that's led from the front in terms of putting the team first. He's got a great ability to put that stuff aside and focus in on the team and the job, which is a credit to him." "
She read my post WPT Razz
melliot 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:29 am

^ if that happens, we still get a bargain. We've picked up a player at pick 8 that should have gone at pick 5-7.

If we get him as a 2nd rounder, then a it's a complete steal. But won't happen.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:36 am

Without the father son rule it's likely we wouldn't be able to get him at all at pick 8.

It's a genuine bargain when you can list a player who otherwise wouldn't have been available to you at your first selection.

A pick is only as good as the players left to select.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:00 am

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
There's still a good chance we'll get him with our 2nd round pick. They mentioned another 4 players as definitely the top 4 in the draft, so we could get him with our 2nd pick unless someone at pick 5-7 selects him. So even if he's rated the 9th or 10 best player, we could get him with our 2nd round pick. We'll know soon enough.

I heard he was rated higher then 9th or 10th, hopefully you're right but I'm suspecting we'll have to pay the full price for him.

There will be degrees of seperation between ratings of these top 10 prospects. A club might bid on him purely to ensure they get a player type they're after rather than wait for the draft lottery and take a chance the alternatives are available at their pick. Carlton, Doggies, and St Kilda look to be the clubs most desperate for KPP depth.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:03 am

My observation of Moore is that he is not worth pick 8. In saying that we will be forced into a situation that we will have to use that pick to take him. He is a 2nd rounder due to what else is available in the cattle market..

The Father and Son rules need a major overhaul.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:29 pm

Culprit wrote:
My observation of Moore is that he is not worth pick 8. In saying that we will be forced into a situation that we will have to use that pick to take him. He is a 2nd rounder due to what else is available in the cattle market..

The Father and Son rules need a major overhaul.

Fair enough that's your view but the money has been on him for quite some time now being well in the top 8. Kevin Sheehan has been raving about him for quite some time let alone many other observers.

Needs some peptides or something & some weights.

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:32 pm

^^ I said Heath Shaw was the worst of the three brothers early on. Laughing I hope you and everyone else is right. I am happy to be wrong. Very Happy
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:34 pm

199 cm = 6'6" - pretty decent height. What I like about him is his athleticism, skill & competitiveness.

At last, not a project player but a footy player with the goods!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 120, 121, 122  Next
Page 51 of 122   

Jump to: