Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#30 Darcy Moore

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 120, 121, 122  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:05 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

RudeBoy wrote:
MOTR wrote:
This bloke will surely go in the first few picks. What would it cost us to trade up into the pointy end of the draft?

We don't need to trade up to get him. If we think he's worth our first pick, which will be pick 8, then we get him, even if he is considered the number 1 pick by another club. All we have to decide is whether we think we can get a better player at pick 8 than him. If we pass on him at pick 8 because we rate someone else better, then all we can hope is that no-one else picks him in the first round. If he is overlooked in the first round we can then snare him with our 2nd pick.

There won't be any hoping. It will all be decided at the bidding. If someone bids before 8 and we decide to pass, then they have to take him. If no one bids before 8 then we wait for someone to bid and match that with our second round pick.

The article says that we're not showing our hand. Which of course we wouldn't, that would be the dumbest move possible. But if we didn't pick him at 8 I'd be shocked. Moore will be the best tall available at that point in the draft and we do need a young KPP.

Last edited by AN_Inkling on Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:06 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
MOTR wrote:
This bloke will surely go in the first few picks. What would it cost us to trade up into the pointy end of the draft?

We don't need to trade up to get him. If we think he's worth our first pick, which will be pick 8, then we get him, even if he is considered the number 1 pick by another club. All we have to decide is whether we think we can get a better player at pick 8 than him. If we pass on him at pick 8 because we rate someone else better, then all we can hope is that no-one else picks him in the first round. If he is overlooked in the first round we can then snare him with our 2nd pick.

Only those clubs with a first round selection before ours matters.

We'll nominate Moore but unless a team with a selection ranked 1 through 7 bids we wont have to use pick 8 on him.

Richmond or Adelaide for example could bid there first rounder and it would mean diddly squat as we can just use our next pick which would be in the second round.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:17 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
^^There won't be any hoping. It will all be decided at the bidding. If someone bids before 8 and we decide to pass, then they have to take him. If no one bids before 8 then we wait for someone to bid and match that with our second round pick.

The article says that we're not showing our hand. Which of course we wouldn't, that would be the dumbest move possible. But if we didn't pick him at 8 I'd be shocked. Moore will be the best tall available at that point in the draft and we do need a young KPP.

So if a club like the scum did bid pick 6 on him and we decided to pass would that mean on draft day no clubs with picks 1 to 5 would be able to have a change of heart and draft him before there pick 6?

E 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:51 pm

swoop42 wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:
^^There won't be any hoping. It will all be decided at the bidding. If someone bids before 8 and we decide to pass, then they have to take him. If no one bids before 8 then we wait for someone to bid and match that with our second round pick.

So if a club like the scum did bid pick 6 on him and we decided to pass would that mean on draft day no clubs with picks 1 to 5 would be able to have a change of heart and draft him before there pick 6?

No. Its a bidding system. Highest bidder not only wins if we pass but they get him whether they want him or not.

Everyone knows we'll use our first pick on him. No brainer.

Games are silly at this point. We are just going through the motions with our gageyness. I think we know we are using pick 8 on him.

The interesting question is this. If we did end up top 4 do you think the afloat would have changed the rules this year instead of next

Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:10 am

Or you can use Chrome instead of your usual browser. In Chrome, you can download an 'add on' that bypasses the Age blocking mechanism. Works a treat.
E 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:32 am

AN_Inkling wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
MOTR wrote:

There won't be any hoping. It will all be decided at the bidding. If someone bids before 8 and we decide to pass, then they have to take him. If no one bids before 8 then we wait for someone to bid and match that with our second round pick.

right, it all happens pre-draft.

we kinda have to tip our hand a little, right? We have to nominate him as F/s. Then we wait to see where the bids come in and accept or reject him.

I can see no circumstance where we dont use pick 8 on him (as Nth did with Mcdonald last year).

I think we should do all that we can to get another top 20 pick to go with him. We should be doing all we can to be looking the goods in 2016! that really is our first legit shot at it and i think in 2016 - Haw/Geel/Syd/Freo will be sliding so we will have our chances against the likes of Nth/Port/GC/WB/GWS!

Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:37 am

Neil Appleby wrote:
Or you can use Chrome instead of your usual browser. In Chrome, you can download an 'add on' that bypasses the Age blocking mechanism. Works a treat.

I just checked that, it's actually a Chrome extension called The Age Paywall Bypass.

Brenny 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:40 am

^^^ Or you can just use Firefox or Chrome and use incognito mode, like I do.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/the-darcy-moore-dilemma-for-collingwood-20140915-10h86f.html

Good read from Emma Quayle.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:43 am

Neil Appleby wrote:
Neil Appleby wrote:

I just checked that, it's actually a Chrome extension called The Age Paywall Bypass.

I'm trying to figure out if I'm stupid to google that! Embarassed

Bucks5 Capricorn

Nicky D - Parting the red sea

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:56 am

Simply just disable cookies from The Age website in any browser... No need for any add-on.
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:07 am

The Seedsmeister wrote:
Simply just disable cookies from The Age website in any browser... No need for any add-on.

Is that right?
Does this work for the Hun & Australian too?

Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:03 pm

I tried disabling cookies in Chrome and it had the result of not opening anything in the Herald Sun site or The Australian, so that doesn't work for me.
Brenny 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:59 pm

^ They're a bit different. They work on a login system where as The Age works on a 'you have read x articles, now login'.
GoWoodsmen 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:07 pm

People... allow me to put my propeller hat on for a moment....

OK ready to go.

You wanna read the HS stories... go to news.com.au

You wanna read the Age articles don't worry about disabling cookies, just right click on the link and select (in Chrome) "Open link in Incognito Window"

That oughta do the job!

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:40 pm

Brenny wrote:
^^^ Or you can just use Firefox or Chrome and use incognito mode, like I do.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/the-darcy-moore-dilemma-for-collingwood-20140915-10h86f.html

Good read from Emma Quayle.

Was interesting but that was all just her Opinion and nothing more.

The one Jon Ralph said had actual Comments from Peter Moore

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 120, 121, 122  Next
Page 49 of 122   

Jump to: