Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#30 Darcy Moore

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 120, 121, 122  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:54 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

melliot wrote:
If he is rated 6 and he goes to us at 8, I'm not sure how we have lost? We just didn't win as well as we could have.

I've seen him rated inside 5 too.

In simple terms we've upgraded our first pick by 2 or so spots. Hardly a negative.

You can have pick 6 year in, year out but if Buddy goes at pick 5 every time then what's it matter. Wink

Much better to have pick 6 with Buddy locked away as a father son.

35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:22 am

Can't see us wanting Frost, Collingwood's policy for years has been to avoid having brothers, that's why we moved Sav Rocca on, as well as Clokey's two brothers, and Reece Shaw.
Speaking of Brothers, does anything know about young Lonie from Dandenong? Is he related to the Lonie Brothers of last decade? If so and if he's a quarter as good as those two in kicking he's exactly what we need. I've often wondered why we didn't have Ryan as our kicking coach, he and his bro were among the best I've ever seen.

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
E 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:55 am

All this talk over a complete NO BRAINER! we are an amazing collection of fans.

First, to those who are bemoaning the lack of advantage, you should know that the Father/son loophole is cloing this year so our getting pick 8 might actually be helpful here. the Afl is expected to change the father/son laws (and the extended zone selections (at Eddies request) so that top teams stop having undue benefits from those rules. Under the proposed new rules, the AFL will assess what the appropriate compensation will be for a player after the nomination process is complete. If a player is a top 5 pick, Sydeny, for example, who might have pick 20, might have to part with their top 2 draft picks. for us, its unlikely that pick 8 wouldnt be considered appropriate compensation for Moore. so bemoaning the "bad luck" that we are going to use pick 8 on Moore, is completely ill founded.

Second, to those who think there is even a sliver of a chance we dont take Moore, forget it. We are 100% committed to taking Moore under the father/son. His leg would actaully need to fall off for us to change our mind.

Third, we absolutely should be chasing him. He is precisely the guy to take over from travis Cloke as out next 10 year CHF!!!! Sure he may start at CHB to protect him in the early going (although i think having him play the second forward role will protect him Moore - hee hee), but he looks pretty cant miss to me. There is no one in the draft we need Moore than darcy!!!!

so with these three undeniable facts, how the HELL did this thread get to 40 pages!!!!!!!!!

MJ23 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:43 am

E wrote:

First, to those who are bemoaning the lack of advantage, you should know that the Father/son loophole is cloing this year so our getting pick 8 might actually be helpful here. the Afl is expected to change the father/son laws (and the extended zone selections (at Eddies request) so that top teams stop having undue benefits from those rules. Under the proposed new rules, the AFL will assess what the appropriate compensation will be for a player after the nomination process is complete. If a player is a top 5 pick, Sydeny, for example, who might have pick 20, might have to part with their top 2 draft picks. for us, its unlikely that pick 8 wouldnt be considered appropriate compensation for Moore. so bemoaning the "bad luck" that we are going to use pick 8 on Moore, is completely ill founded.

Second, to those who think there is even a sliver of a chance we dont take Moore, forget it. We are 100% committed to taking Moore under the father/son. His leg would actaully need to fall off for us to change our mind.

Third, we absolutely should be chasing him. He is precisely the guy to take over from travis Cloke as out next 10 year CHF!!!! Sure he may start at CHB to protect him in the early going (although i think having him play the second forward role will protect him Moore - hee hee), but he looks pretty cant miss to me. There is no one in the draft we need Moore than darcy!!!!

so with these three undeniable facts, how the HELL did this thread get to 40 pages!!!!!!!!!

I a nutshell Wink

And if we were silly enough not to take him.............Imagine the pressure on the bloke who we did take. He wouldnt stand a chance even if he averaged 3 goals a game. There would be people on here expecting 5 !! Laughing

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:15 am

E wrote:

AFL has already indicated changes to the F/S and academy drafting won't be in place this year.
derkd 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:20 pm

E wrote:

My thoughts exsactly, i am of the same mind...no way the club would pass on a talent that is supposed top five in the draft. Pick eight for Moore is still a bargin. Some fan still live in the 2001 mindset when you could pick up a father son at pick 40, ah la Gary Ablett.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:22 pm

Does a player?
Funkadelic 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:58 pm

Is it possible to trade down the draft order and still get Moore with our first pick?
Pebbles Rocks 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:11 pm

Funkadelic wrote:
Is it possible to trade down the draft order and still get Moore with our first pick?

Trade week is after the bidding for father son so i would not think so..

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:11 pm

^No.

The father son bidding process is competed prior to the start of the draft period.

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:29 pm

E wrote:

This would almost certainly have made no difference in the case of Moore. The new rules are intended to have a "discount" built in. I'm fairly certain we'd fall within the discount range for Moore and would not have to give anything else. It would have been better for us if the new rules were in place this year (looks as if they won't be - think this has been confirmed). Sydney will be taking Heeney far later than he's rated (top 5).

E wrote:

I agree. We'll definitely take him.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:43 pm

An article on one of today's papers reported that Collingwood had already committed itself to drafting Darcy.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:25 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
An article on one of today's papers reported that Collingwood had already committed itself to drafting Darcy.

Link?

What I have heard that would not surprise me at all

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:07 pm
Post subject: Darcy MooreReply with quote

I was fotunate to see this kid against VFL Essendon (as 23rd player rule) and was impressed then looked at his highlites --again impressed
Recent game he started back then was switched fwd later and snagged 3 goals
Can anyone tell me if we get him under father/son when would he get to start playing VFL AFL ??????

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:20 pm

Round 1 2015, provided he doesn't tear a hamstring on the friday
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 120, 121, 122  Next
Page 44 of 122   

Jump to: