Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#30 Darcy Moore

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 120, 121, 122  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MJ23 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:06 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

King Malta wrote:
MJ23 wrote:
Defender wrote:
Moore is no certainty to come to us IMO, not if someone below us bids anyway.

Word is both Frost and Jakst want to return to Victoria, IMO pick 8 would secure both.

Doubt it would get both.
GWS need a half back and another Key defender - Jaksch was developing really well and they would want pick 8 alone without throwing in Frost or a very high pick and a very good player.
Ive watched him in games and he is very good. Thumping kick - drifts forward and kicks a long goal, plays great footy one on one.
Id hate to see him go to Carlton and would love to get him in a deal somehow.

I'd think GWS would likely accept a bid from someone that offers some sort of senior player in return.

They've already got enough good young players in that list, a few senior heads with ability is probably what they'll be chasing.

Yes spot on thats what Im saying
They have mids coming out their ears
They have forwards and half forwards.
With josh hunt retiring they have a gap across half back and in defense.
They would love another tall defender and another solid half back flank.
Jaksch I thought was developing well in this role so they would be spewing to loose him

King Malta Leo

RIP Flip

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:08 pm

MJ23 wrote:
King Malta wrote:
MJ23 wrote:
Defender wrote:

Word is both Frost and Jakst want to return to Victoria, IMO pick 8 would secure both.

Doubt it would get both.
GWS need a half back and another Key defender - Jaksch was developing really well and they would want pick 8 alone without throwing in Frost or a very high pick and a very good player.
Ive watched him in games and he is very good. Thumping kick - drifts forward and kicks a long goal, plays great footy one on one.

I'd think GWS would likely accept a bid from someone that offers some sort of senior player in return.

They've already got enough good young players in that list, a few senior heads with ability is probably what they'll be chasing.

Jaksch I thought was developing well in this role so they would be spewing to loose him

Yep, definitely on the same page haha.

I'd thought about what we could offer them that includes H plus potentially a pick but at this early stage I'd say the likeliest outcome is we'll be dealing with Melbourne there.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:15 pm

MJ23 wrote:
Defender wrote:

Doubt it would get both.

Chances are Frost will nominate Collingwood, chances are also good that Frost and Jackst are friends and wouldn't mind landing at the same club.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:17 pm

MJ23 wrote:
King Malta wrote:
MJ23 wrote:
Defender wrote:

Doubt it would get both.

Jaksch has told them he's returning to Victoria (same as Frost), if they both nominate us it puts us in a bit of a spot regarding Moore as pick 8 will have to be involved to land those 2.

You like this.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:22 pm

Given all the hype about young Darcy which has carried on all year on Nicks, all I can say is he'd better be damn good!
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:45 pm

MJ23 wrote:
King Malta wrote:
MJ23 wrote:
Defender wrote:

Doubt it would get both.

Harry and Brown for Frost, Jaksch and their 2nd round pick

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
Stupied 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:55 pm

Why would we want Sam Frost? We don't need any more key defenders, we already have 3 + Reid who can go back too. Getting Another frost and Jaksch would be dumb from a list balance perspective.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:06 pm

If we take the relative worth of these players as written by Callum Twomey (and I don't, as it's too early for anyone to be confident of this; clubs haven't shown their hand yet): http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-08-15/phantom-draft-form-guide we're potentially going to have a tough decision to make.

If Moore is rated as the 6th best player and 3rd best tall, our pick is very close to his value. Do we risk the possibility of a player we like slightly better dropping a couple of spots and us not being able to pick him because we've committed to Moore? I think we do. You would take the sure thing rather than banking on a hypothetical and lock Moore away.

It's looking like our ladder position was about the worst possible. Higher and we'd be getting Moore at a bargain, lower and we likely could have got him for a massive bargain. We can still hope that no one bids for him before pick 8, but I don't think we'll be that lucky. Every team will know that we're likely to match their bid, and even if we don't they're not getting dudded, as Moore is genuinely rated just before our pick at this stage. The alternative is that they don't bid and give us a major free kick by being able to select two top 10 players. That's just not going to happen. In the end we're likely to take him at about his worth, maybe a few spots later.

Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:11 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
If we take the relative worth of these players as written by Callum Twomey (and I don't, as it's too early for anyone to be confident of this; clubs haven't shown their hand yet): http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-08-15/phantom-draft-form-guide we're potentially going to have a tough decision to make.

If Moore is rated as the 6th best player and 3rd best tall, our pick is very close to his value. Do we risk the possibility of a player we like slightly better dropping a couple of spots and us not being able to pick him because we've committed to Moore? I think we do. You would take the sure thing rather than banking on a hypothetical and lock Moore away.

It's looking like our ladder position was about the worst possible. Higher and we'd be getting Moore at a bargain, lower and we likely could have got him for a massive bargain. We can still hope that no one bids for him before pick 8, but I don't think we'll be that lucky. Every team will know that we're likely to match their bid, and even if we don't they're not getting dudded, as Moore is genuinely rated just before our pick at this stage. The alternative is that they don't bid and give us a major free kick by being able to select two top 10 players. That's just not going to happen. In the end we're likely to take him at about his worth, maybe a few spots later.

Which sucks

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:14 pm

What is so bad about [quote] Which?
Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:34 pm

^Imagine if we passed over Moore?

Already enough squealing about passing over James Stewart on the back of one good game and he would have cost us a pick in the 20's or 30's.

If we passed Moore and he fired, the Club would find life very difficult.

melliot 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:16 pm

If he is rated 6 and he goes to us at 8, I'm not sure how we have lost? We just didn't win as well as we could have.

I've seen him rated inside 5 too.

In simple terms we've upgraded our first pick by 2 or so spots. Hardly a negative.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:48 pm

^^Yeah, that's all I was I saying. We've pretty much ended up with the minimum possible advantage out of a father/son pick due to our ladder position.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:59 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
^^Yeah, that's all I was I saying. We've pretty much ended up with the minimum possible advantage out of a father/son pick due to our ladder position.

Which makes us more likely to pass. Especially if his hip complaint is genuine, imagine us drafting another top 10 pick who needs surgery before playing, wouldn't go down to well I'd imagine.

You like this.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:00 am

I think there's very little chance of us passing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 120, 121, 122  Next
Page 43 of 122   

Jump to: