Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#30 Darcy Moore

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 120, 121, 122  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve86 Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:10 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

surely the other clubs go first before we do? .. and I'm assuming the other clubs are forced to use that pick on him once they say they are willing 2. I reckon are in a good shot for him to drop to second round. As someone else said the other clubs would have to REALLY want him to pick before us
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:17 pm

Time will tell.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:20 pm

swoop42 wrote:
Yeah I know that but do we have to declare our intentions first that we'll take Moore in a general sense or do the opposition clubs first have to signal what selections whether it be first or second round etc that they'll be willing to use before we have to declare our intentions to bypass him or use the relevant selection necessary?

I'm hoping they have to go first so it leads to a bit more uncertainty on there behalf.

We have to nominate him first otherwise there is no bidding process. By nominating him all we have committed to is taking him with our last pick in the draft if no one else bids. I'm comfortable with that Smile. It doesn't say we're prepared to use pick 8, so it really doesn't show our hand.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:01 am

AN_Inkling wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
Yeah I know that but do we have to declare our intentions first that we'll take Moore in a general sense or do the opposition clubs first have to signal what selections whether it be first or second round etc that they'll be willing to use before we have to declare our intentions to bypass him or use the relevant selection necessary?

I'm hoping they have to go first so it leads to a bit more uncertainty on there behalf.

We have to nominate him first otherwise there is no bidding process. By nominating him all we have committed to is taking him with our last pick in the draft if no one else bids. I'm comfortable with that Smile. It doesn't say we're prepared to use pick 8, so it really doesn't show our hand.

No not really given the other clubs well and truly know all the players available under the father son rule.

To me it should be up to them to decide what selection if any they would be prepared to use for a player before we've expressed our intention to nominate the player one way or another.

As you well know when it comes to father selections there is more than just pure ability that often decides a players fate there's the romanticism involved that puts extra pressure on a club to select a player as well as the prospect if they pass on a player who goes on to become a star elsewhere they'll cop the wrath of there members and supporters.

Obviously with Moore they will know we'd be prepared to offer up a 2nd round selection for him at the very least but would a club be certain we'd go as far as a top 7 selection should they nominate him before we've even signalled our intentions and set in motion all the associated pressure that comes with it once we do (as outlined above).

Once we nominate Moore clubs with picks 1 through 7 are going to know it'll take a big set of balls to overlook a talented son with such a famous father.

And how about other players who might be more circumspect?

By having to go first and nominate a player it allows the opposition clubs to use the system more easily to make a club pay overs (or at least there worth) knowing that there is more to a selection involved for that club than just pure talent alone.

Anyway it is what it is.

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:27 am

I see what you mean, but I don't think entering into the bidding process for every F/S or academy player is the way to go. Sure, it adds some extra onus on the club in question, but that's preferable to forcing all other clubs to declare their hand on a player that the eligible club may not even want. The purpose of the bidding process is to determine the approximate value of a player that is intended to be selected as a F-S/A pick. Without that intention there's no need for bidding and the player should then enter the draft like any other.

If the F-S/A is a top player then everyone knows the eligible club would want him at some pick, and that's all the information they give up by nominating him. If the player is a less certain draftee then nominating him tells opposition clubs more, but it matters less given we're talking about later picks.

MGR 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:54 am

Dave The Man wrote:
MGR wrote:
I was there for all the game and he coughed up a kick from full back which resulted in a Falcons goal plus #48 not kick a goal at all. Need to stop hyping this young lad up there is enough pressure on him already .

Moore would be fully aware about the Pressure that is on him.

What you mean Coughed Up? Turn Over or Missed the Ball?

It’s not just what you see on-field he is also very impressive Off-Field

I should have written 'turned over'.

loki04 Leo

Tiger Treloar lmfao NOPE.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:49 am

Steve86 wrote:
surely the other clubs go first before we do? .. and I'm assuming the other clubs are forced to use that pick on him once they say they are willing 2. I reckon are in a good shot for him to drop to second round. As someone else said the other clubs would have to REALLY want him to pick before us

We nominate him as a FS selection, which only means we are committed to taking him with our last pick should no one bid.

The clubs then have 3 days to work out if they want him, then in reverse ladder order having the opportunity to bid for him. We then must use our next live pick to secure him.

If melb bid pick 3 we need to use 8 if we deem him worth that selection if not we pass and Melb must select him with pick 3 in draft.

if Rich bid pick 10 we would then need to use our 2nd rounder etc.

melliot 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:26 am

Anyone thinking we'll get him for a 2nd rounder is under the impression something will go in a our favour for 2014. Of course that's been the recent trend. Hasn't it?
woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:32 am

We didn't nominate Stewart, hence there was no bidding required. Inky is correct.
Steve86 Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:21 pm

loki04 wrote:
Steve86 wrote:

We nominate him as a FS selection, which only means we are committed to taking him with our last pick should no one bid.

The clubs then have 3 days to work out if they want him, then in reverse ladder order having the opportunity to bid for him. We then must use our next live pick to secure him.

If melb bid pick 3 we need to use 8 if we deem him worth that selection if not we pass and Melb must select him with pick 3 in draft.

hmmm..so can't other clubs just force us to take him with our first pick? Or do they bid say pick 3 and its up to us whether to say ok we will use at 8 or no we don't think he's worth that.. and then the other club is locked in?
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:30 pm

The latter.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:01 pm

Steve86 wrote:
loki04 wrote:
Steve86 wrote:

hmmm..so can't other clubs just force us to take him with our first pick? Or do they bid say pick 3 and its up to us whether to say ok we will use at 8 or no we don't think he's worth that.. and then the other club is locked in?

If another team bids they are locked in providing we pass, we're in the box seat, if we don't think he's worth pick 8 and someone below us bids it effectively moves us up a spot in the draft.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:02 pm

Defender wrote:
Steve86 wrote:
loki04 wrote:
Steve86 wrote:

If another team bids they are locked in providing we pass, we're in the box seat, if we don't think he's worth pick 8 and so,done below us bids it effectively moves us up a spot in the draft.

We won’t pass

melliot 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:06 pm

The year it didn't matter if we had pick 14 or greater, is the first year in 8 years we land pick 8 or so!
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:32 pm

melliot wrote:
The year it didn't matter if we had pick 14 or greater, is the first year in 8 years we land pick 8 or so!

The irony
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 120, 121, 122  Next
Page 41 of 122   

Jump to: